• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder Woman #602 PREVIEW
    Writer: JMS
    Artist: Don Kramer

Comment

If you read Wonder Woman #600, I think there are subtle hints that those who are behind Wonder Woman's past changing are 'god related'. Which is why I also believe this is nothing permanent.

We'll see though. I thought WW #602 was an entertaining issue, and showed a sense of desperation among the Amazons. I like the character of Diana, and showing a more exposed, youthful personality. And brash.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

I enjoyed it as well, but I don't see anything "youthful" about her personality. Its the same Wonder Woman we've had since the 80s.

I thought the art was a bit rough in certain areas, and I find it ridiculous that they changed her costume and yet Don Kramer draws her with the biggest breasts she's ever had. There's a lot of talking in this issue that bored me, but I would put it under a "necessary evil" category. Some writers can make the informational parts of a story work, and some can't. In this issue, JMS failed to do that, and I became bored.

Still, I like that she isn't alone, and I like that little story of Aphrodite and the temple. It was a weak explanation but still interesting. Unfortunately, a complaint from the first issue rolls over into this one...what makes me care about this villain? Apparently he has set out to kill the Amazons...why? If it weren't for prior reading, I wouldn't have an emotional attachment with the now dead Amazons. I need some villain development and quickly...This isn't a mystery thats making me ask "Who is it?! I can't wait to find out." but rather a "Why mass kill the Amazons in this random world?"

Hopefully the Amazons will continue to travel, so JMS can flesh out this silly little timeline of his and hopefully some more of them will die, making it more interesting when its 3 Amazons against 1 bad guy...and another dies, and the other one really hurt and WW saves the day. Damn, I ruined the story for myself...

Comment

Nothing amazing, this issue was okay. I'm willing to bet the the people behind messing with Diana's personality is either Zeus or Ares

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
            I enjoyed it as well, but I don't see anything "youthful" about her personality. Its the same Wonder Woman we've had since the 80s.
            By 'youthful' I mean she's not nearly as wise as we've seen Diana in the past. She knows very little about herself, and seems to be in development mode in terms of trying to figure out what is going on.

Plus, the main point of the story is her saving these Amazonians and her coming into her own as Wonder Woman.

I do agree, we need to find out the villain. Like I stated, I believe it will be highly wrapped in mythology. If there's one thing I've noticed about the times I've read JMS's take on WW, he is really into the mythological side of her.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
              The costume is not permanent. The whole point of this "change" is to get readers interested in Wonder Woman
              Next time just try Naked... because this new suit isn't working.

And for the covers.. they sucks. Nobody can top master Adam Hughes!
              I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Also....what the fuck is up with her bracelets? Is that fucking blood? What's wrong with her forearms??????

Comment

Also....what the fuck is up with her bracelets? Is that fucking blood? What's wrong with her forearms??????
                  I'm pretty sure it's just red armor. Calm down lol

Comment

Also....what the fuck is up with her bracelets? Is that fucking blood?
                    Yeah, I don't think she really has the bracelets yet. Just some kind of shitty arm-guards that are mostly for show.

And without those bracelets to protect her, yeah... she can get hurt and bleed. I don't think any of those bullets actually went in, but they broke the skin at least. That's why you always generally see Wonder Woman (traditional Wonder Woman) blocking bullets that are being fired at her with her bracelets rather than just standing there letting them bounce off her body -- because if she could just do that, why not just do that all the time?

Think, like, Aquaman in that recent Brightest Day where bullets bounce off him but he still gets bloody a little bit.

Comment

Sigh... I can't wait until this "Revamp" is over and done.

Comment

Originally posted by Shingo Wol View Post
                        Sigh... I can't wait until this "Revamp" is over and done.
                        Are you reading the book?

Comment

I flipped through it in store.

Comment

I flipped through it in store.
                            So I'm gonna take this as a no. Shingo we all know that you dislike this "revamp" but constantly complaining about it and wanting to revert back, aint gonna make it change back faster. So you can either do one of two things, one actually read the book and see if you enjoy the story, or two stop complaining about it since we already know your feelings on the matter

Comment

Allright, Allright, ill stop complaining.

BRML!!

BRML!!

BRML!!

BRML!!

BRML!!

BRML!!

Comment

Allright, Allright, ill stop complaining.

BRML!!

BRML!!

BRML!!

BRML!!

BRML!!

BRML!!
                                lol, now if you actually read the book and complained, I would have no problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X