Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innocent Assassin - Cool dimensions- Besides the girls being pretty, and the lead actress being all kind of gorgeous, that was about this flick's only redeeming quality. The ineptitude of the film may have something to do with it only being offered in Japanese without the luxury of an English dub. Still, the sparring choreography was downright awful, and it was obvious that none of these actresses knew anything about martial arts besides what they saw on tv.

Comment

• From a Whisper to a Scream (1987)

"One thing I've learned, my dear, is that one is never too old for nightmares."

Incubus (1965)

"Sister, you must revenge this holy rape."

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      This time of year, I often don't make purchases that I otherwise would because "Christmas is coming, and people are going to be annoyed if I buy all the stuff off my wishlist before they go shopping."

I'm sure Christmas, overall, ends up costing me a bunch of money in gifts, but I take comfort that it is SOMEWHAT offset by all the stuff I don't buy because Christmas is around the corner. (Also, I love giving gifts, so I don't think I've ever regretted the Christmas season bills, anyway.)
      Yeah, I try not to make any purchases around this time that anyone who gets me gifts would likely think of. And I get less for myself just because I need the money for gifts.
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 11-09-2015, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Of course the real trick is to resist the urge to buy up all the stuff I didn't buy, once Christmas is past and nobody got them for me.

Comment

• Just in time for the holiday:

15 facts you didn't know about Ghost Busters
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• The Night Stalker (1972)

"We don't want undesirable elements in Las Vegas."

The Night Strangler (1973)

"What's a few lives compared to immortality, Mr. Kolchak?"

Interview with the Vampire (1994)

"Life without me would be even more unbearable."

Usually, on this night I would watch Highlander, but instead of watching my favorite movie I thought I'd watch my favorite vampire movie (in keeping with watching all horror or monster movies this month).

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
            Just in time for the holiday:

15 facts you didn't know about Ghost Busters
            Pretty cool. Have to pick the book up some day.

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Of course the real trick is to resist the urge to buy up all the stuff I didn't buy, once Christmas is past and nobody got them for me.
            You? The self-proclaimed penny pincher?

Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 11-09-2015, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

You? The self-proclaimed penny pincher?

Heh. I'm usually successful, but it can be a struggle at times. Plus, my penny pinching nature tends to go out the window during the holiday season, since I love giving gifts and penny pinching doesn't work well with last second purchases and impulse buys (I've never stopped to compute how much I spend just putting together Christmas stockings for my wife and kids...and I probably shouldn't if I want to continue enjoying that task as much as I do).

Sometimes it can take a week or so for me to get out of holiday mode and back into penny-pinching mode.

Comment

• SW: ROTS - "Only a Sith deals in absolutes..." So, I must be a Sith since that was an absolute statement.

Comment

• The Vanishing

This film is dated, but no less worth of the praise it received. The film is an un-American approach to the a psychopath, but illustrates the universal truth that a psychopath could be literally anyone.

There are some metaphoric foreshadowing that ties up nicely at the end.

This film is for everyone, but I enjoyed it.

3.5/5
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Hotel Transylvania (2012)

"I've never said that in my life. 'Bleh, bleh-bleh.' I don't know where that comes from!"

[Rec] (2007)

"It must be the pipes."

--Will probably write about both movies tomorrow--

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                    The Vanishing

This film is dated, but no less worth of the praise it received. The film is an un-American approach to the a psychopath, but illustrates the universal truth that a psychopath could be literally anyone.

There are some metaphoric foreshadowing that ties up nicely at the end.

This film is for everyone, but I enjoyed it.
                    Eli Roth raves about that movie. I've only see the Americanized version, which I liked, but which I hear doesn't measure up.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-29-2015, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Jeepers Creepers (2001)

"Gay fever?"

Jeepers Creepers 2 (2003)

"Two classes of people? What, the will-be-eaten and the won't-be-eaten?"

Dracula: Dead and Loving It (1995)

"Dr. Steward: Allow me to introduce Professor Abraham Van Helsing of London University. He's a doctor of rare diseases as well as theology and philosophy.
                        Van Helsing: And gynaecology.
                        Dr. Steward: Oh, I didn't know you had your hand in that too."
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 11-07-2015, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Lumberjack Man (2015)

"Alright, everyone- get the fuck out!"

This has got to be the funniest sendup of every slasher genre trope you can think of, while making fun of itself by pretending to be serious. I happened to see something about this Lumberjack Man guy on Tumblr today and thought it would make a good movie for the night. My instincts were right on. This plays by F13 rules better than F13- and the Puritan rules of morality are so humorously treated that you almost believe a two foot wide pancake could kill someone.

You've got every stereotype of the usual groups going on here-the druggies, the sexies, the dumbies, the assholes, lesbians, gays, Black people, and mental loonies running around crazy on a Bible School retreat that takes place on unholy ground where a vengeful pancake maker haunts the land in search for blood on his flapjacks. No word of a lie- that's the main thrust of the story. The horror is treated so deftly with funny overtones that it almost gives you time to pause to reflect on each kill, which by the way, is pretty unique and spectacular. Decent imagination, decent effects, and one mean looking S.O.B. Add up to a fun night out (or in) for any fan of the horror genre.

Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees- eat your hearts out.

Comment

• ...I'll have to see about getting a copy of that myself.
                            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• See No Evil 2 (2014)

"Where's wheelchair guy?"

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (2010)

"I should have known if a guy like me talked to a girl like you, somebody would end up dead."

Christine (1983)

"You better watch what you say about my car. She's real sensitive."

This time around I kept thinking "if they just understood and respected Arnie and Christine (the car)'s relationship, nobody would even be hurt in this movie."
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 11-07-2015, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                                ...I'll have to see about getting a copy of that myself.
                                I know you and all of the other regulars in the horror thread will enjoy it. Trust me-Doom would not steer you wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X