Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #15 *Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #15 *Spoilers*

So I've been going back and reading some stuff I've missed. The last few issues of GLC have got me interested in where Kyle goes from here, and all signs pointed to him being a new Blue Lantern. What stood out about this issue though, and I'm surprised nobody is talking about it yet, is the stuff with Guy. No ring, old leather jacket, and a Warriors Bar t-shirt. And ready to pick a fight...

Anybody else read this one yet? Haven't seen any threads on it...

~//V\\~

I read it. That did seem a very Guy thing to do. I don't remember what his grudge is against Arkillo, though.

Comment

He claimed Arkillo wasn't the Kilowog of the Sinestros, he claimed he was the Guy of the Sinestros. So the only way to make him believe in 'One Corps' was to face him man to man. Which is what we hopefully see next issue.

I never thought I'd read a comic with Space Cabbie, now I can check that off my bucket list LOL.

~//V\\~

Comment

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
        He claimed Arkillo wasn't the Kilowog of the Sinestros, he claimed he was the Guy of the Sinestros. So the only way to make him believe in 'One Corps' was to face him man to man. Which is what we hopefully see next issue.
        Oh, yeah, right. Chalk that up to me writing that post at the end of a long day (and the internet eating my first attempt).

I never thought I'd read a comic with Space Cabbie, now I can check that off my bucket list LOL.
        Yeah, I like that kind of classic sci-fi stuff. Any time they explain some logistics of a universe with multi-cultural space travel is a good thing. I love when they address stuff like how poorer aliens get from one place to another or how a bar caters to hundreds of different species.

Comment

It took me by surprise, I'm not too familiar with the character. I knew what it was when I saw it but was worried the cabbie was gonna be a little too Starlord for my liking. Glad it wasn't the case.

IDK about the 'One Corps' crap though, especially since SOMETHING is gonna happen with the Blues and Kyle. I'd rather the GLC just accept members of the Sin Corps into the ranks of the Green, imagine Arkillo in a GLC uniform? I've wanted Walker to be a GL since I first saw him.

~//V\\~

Comment

Thats not where they are headed with the franchise is it? Melding all of the colors into one corps? I haven't read the titles in a few months but that idea sounds like the drizzling shits.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
              Thats not where they are headed with the franchise is it? Melding all of the colors into one corps? I haven't read the titles in a few months but that idea sounds like the drizzling shits.
              There's no real evidence of this. The Blues if they return in numbers would logically by allies of the Green and potentially the yellows now, but you still have the Reds and Larfleeze that wouldn't seem likely to join anything like that. The Indigos too, who really haven't been dealt with by the Corps since their betrayal during Godhead.
              "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
              Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
              Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
              who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
              to change the world. This time, Lord...
              Let me be worthy."

Comment

...IDK about the 'One Corps' crap though, especially since SOMETHING is gonna happen with the Blues and Kyle. I'd rather the GLC just accept members of the Sin Corps into the ranks of the Green, imagine Arkillo in a GLC uniform? I've wanted Walker to be a GL since I first saw him.
                The funny part to me is them acting like it's so odd for the GLC and SC to work together. As far as I know, Blackest Night and New Guardians are still in continuity.

Comment

Thread title changed.

Comment

They've exaggerated Guy's melee ability in the past, such as him battling and winning against Atrocitus. Are they doing that again?

I mean, Guy is one of the most powerful GL, but physically he's still just Human. Arkillos was a monstrous battle priest on his home planet, how does Guy expect to win? How will they make sense of the victory if it happens?
                    :Gray Lantern the True Neutral:

Cyberium of Sector 614, you foresee great HOPE in our future.

Comment

It's a hoot seeing Guy in his old duds. It seems Venditti is really trying to reinforce what makes each earth GL cool after years of them not being themselves - the pendulum's swung back the other way.

The other half of the issue with Hal and Kyle didn't work as well for me. It didn't really seem to shed much light on either character or Saint Walker and it was the kind of story where it could have been either of them on this mission and the result would have been the same. Having Hal and Kyle team up for it was just having another character on the page. (the previous issue was more successful in showing their differences) Still, not bad - just a missed opportunity, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberium View Post
                        They've exaggerated Guy's melee ability in the past, such as him battling and winning against Atrocitus. Are they doing that again?

I mean, Guy is one of the most powerful GL, but physically he's still just Human. Arkillos was a monstrous battle priest on his home planet, how does Guy expect to win? How will they make sense of the victory if it happens?
                        The only way Guy can slug it and out [and win] with Arkillo is if he didn't ose all of his Warrior powers [I'd like to think the Warrior shirt was there for a reason] Though that would mean that they're trying to make the remaining Human GLs unique and not one note characters.

Comment

I wonder if it is still in canon that Guy uses his ring to maximize his body. I am not sure but I think it was mentioned during the Gerard Jones era that Guy internalized his ring energy to maximize his physicality.

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
                            I wonder if it is still in canon that Guy uses his ring to maximize his body. I am not sure but I think it was mentioned during the Gerard Jones era that Guy internalized his ring energy to maximize his physicality.
                            He pretty much used his ring as an HGH supplement to keep him young [This was when Hal had the Reid Richards grey temples look and they were writers these as grizzled vets well into their 40s] Don't think they ever stated he used it to give himself Superhuman capabilities.

Comment

That was one thing I liked, the reveal that Guy was using his ring to make himself look like a body builder and stay in great shape. In my own head canon, all the human GLs do. Either consciously or subconsciously. It is a great way to explain why all of the human GLs are ripped and jacked beyond belief, even though you could be a fat slob and still be a GL.

I know if I was a GL, I would use it to make myself ripped.

Comment

Working...
                              X