Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got around to doing a Raider build for Fallout 4, going with Charisma, Intelligence, chems, and rifles/automatics. Gave my girl a bunch of facial scars, a better haircut and face paint so that she looks the part.

Also installed some more mods so that I can transfer Legendary traits between weapons and armor, change armor style (light, med, heavy), and and ballistic weave to any clothes (because the vanilla options for weaving are very limited); going to love running around with armored road leathers.

Thanks to my high Charisma and boosts from clothes, I managed to hoard enough caps and haggle the price down for Overseer's Guardian, a Legendary combat rifle that spits .45-cal rounds at a two-for-one price (second shot does base damage only, sadly). It's helped me slaughter plenty. I also am loving using a Ripper (handheld chainsaw) to shred through enemies while using Jet for slow-mo murder sprees.

But then I decided to just go ahead and install Destiny 2 and get things rolling on it. Playing right now.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Hit level 20 in Destiny 2, and got my first Legendary weapon, the Bad News hand cannon. While I really want the "Faction Rally" FWC pulse rifle, I doubt I'll be able to grab it before reset unless I play my ass off.

Comment

• NASCAR 2003, a masterpiece of gaming design

Comment

• So, I messed up my PS3. I was having trouble playing a couple BDs and it only seemed to be a problem on the PS3 (my primary BD player) so I read some stuff about how to fix it online. One was to restore to defaults, but I think I picked the wrong option. There was a warning, but I thought the reminder to deactivate the game account meant my game data would be backed up. It wasn't. So, I have no Playstation save files left and any DLC will have to be re-downloaded. It's not quite as bad as it sounds because I have more XBox 360 games than PS3, but it's annoying that I've lost the unlocked stuff in Arkham City and MK 9.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            So, I messed up my PS3. I was having trouble playing a couple BDs and it only seemed to be a problem on the PS3 (my primary BD player) so I read some stuff about how to fix it online. One was to restore to defaults, but I think I picked the wrong option. There was a warning, but I thought the reminder to deactivate the game account meant my game data would be backed up. It wasn't. So, I have no Playstation save files left and any DLC will have to be re-downloaded. It's not quite as bad as it sounds because I have more XBox 360 games than PS3, but it's annoying that I've lost the unlocked stuff in Arkham City and MK 9.
            Are you a PS Plus member? If so, your saves may be in the cloud.

Comment

• ^I only tried Plus for the free month. I saw that when I went to re-link the account. I'm guessing part of why the de-activation warning was worded that way was because had I been using Plus' cloud memory I could have restored and still saved everything.

The good thing is that all my downloads are available, so it's only achievements I'm missing.* Even though I got a PS3 and XBox 360, the latter was my favorite. I only have five games on PS3 and of those only the two I mentioned had anything significant saved.

*Ironically, my trophies are also saved (linked to my standard PSN account) so I have a trophy for 100% completion on Arkham City, but when I load the game it says 0% progress.

Comment

• AVGN: Wrestling games

Hulk Hogan is now "Somebody's Grampa"!

Comment

• Love when he clotheslines the WCW cartridge.

I disagree, though, that the LJN WWF figures sucked. Sure, they had no articulation, so the later Hasbro figures were better, but they had detailed paint jobs and were durable as all get-out, making them decent by 80s toys standards. I didn't collect wrestling toys until the 90s, but I remember being jealous of my friends that had those early figures.

Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 10-05-2017, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    *Ironically, my trophies are also saved (linked to my standard PSN account) so I have a trophy for 100% completion on Arkham City, but when I load the game it says 0% progress.
                    Just a thought, but did you at any point restore your licenses? I dunno if that would affect anything or if it would even be needed in the slightest, I'm just spitballing an idea to get things back in order for you, because I know that would annoy the hell out of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                      Just a thought, but did you at any point restore your licenses? I dunno if that would affect anything or if it would even be needed in the slightest, I'm just spitballing an idea to get things back in order for you, because I know that would annoy the hell out of me.
                      What licenses? I'm pretty sure this is unfixable; like wiping a computer file. But it's really my own fault.

Actually, looking at it, I think Arkham City will be the only problem. Most of the MK9 stuff was downloaded and I just re-downloaded them. But to even open the Riddler Challenges in AC, you have to complete certain numbers of his trophies and IIRC a lot of them were a pain in the butt.

Comment

• http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...s/license.html

I have no idea if that will be helpful or is even relevant, as I said earlier. If not, just ignore, since I'm a layman.

Comment

• Nazi-killing video game "Wolfenstein II" angers Nazis with "Make America Nazi-free Again" slogan

I'm quoting The Blues Brothers when I say, "I hate Nazis." Fuck those ass-clowns and their crybaby bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                            Nazi-killing video game "Wolfenstein II" angers Nazis with "Make America Nazi-free Again" slogan

I'm quoting The Blues Brothers when I say, "I hate Nazis." Fuck those ass-clowns and their crybaby bullshit.
                            Ha. Well, those were Illinois Nazis.

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Sexual harassment allegations emerge from Naughty Dog studios

My dad ain't gonna like this news. He's a major TLOU fan and likes the studio in general.

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X