The Omega Men #1 *Discussion/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Omega Men #1 *Discussion/Spoilers*

From a high-level perspective I enjoyed this issue, good writing and good art, I'm on-board.

Now for the Kyle spoilers:

So as many of assumed when the solicit was first released Kyle isn't actually dead, however he definitely isn't cooperating with the Omega Men given that they kept referring to him as "the bomb". I got the sense that he's been drugged due to the look on his face that the only thing he said was "Carol" twice, hopefully the book is able to give us a decent explanation for how exactly he's being subdued.

What did y'all think?

Seemed pretty interesting, however I will have to reread this issue. I didn't really like the "*&^*&^ ALPHA ^#$#^%^" speech but other than that I'm intrigued.

Comment

About Kyle
      (how do you do that spoilers hidden window thing?)
      The Kyle bit made me wonder if they're going to do a "Homeland"/Brody thing with him...
      Kane2814
      Weaponer of Qward
      Last edited by Kane2814; 06-04-2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Kyle without his White Lantern ring? And accused of killing millions in the Vega Sector? Where's Larfleeze in all of this? The Spider Guild? And where's Carol?

Bleah. Wake me when Kyle gets his ring back.

Comment

I was completely confused by this. The only thing I can glean from it is that there is a group represented by the Greek letter Alpha and another by the letter Omega and they are at war. I think the Omega side also believes Kyle either is a weapon or has a weapon and wishes to use him, but I'm not sure.

And what's with all the untranslated dialogue? Either we're getting a translation of alien speech or we're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            I was completely confused by this. The only thing I can glean from it is that there is a group represented by the Greek letter Alpha and another by the letter Omega and they are at war. I think the Omega side also believes Kyle either is a weapon or has a weapon and wishes to use him, but I'm not sure.

And what's with all the untranslated dialogue? Either we're getting a translation of alien speech or we're not.
            Some author has decided to "keep us all in the dark" with untranslated alien dialogue. It's a cheap trick, like in some action movies. The same with showing Kyle "in the dark" at the end, whispering (sobbing?) for Carol.

Comment

Is it me, or is the Viceroy wearing a ring with the White Lantern symbol on it? It doesn't appear to be a white ring of power, but it would explain why they care about Kyle - if The Citadel identifies with the "Alpha" or God,(based on how it was used by all those dying men) do they see Kyle as the embodiment of the Alpha??

Also, if Kyle's alive won't Carol be able to find him no problem with her love ring?

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
                About Kyle
                (how do you do that spoilers hidden window thing?)
                The Kyle bit made me wonder if they're going to do a "Homeland"/Brody thing with him...
                Highlight whatever you want to hide and change the font color to black.
                sigpic
                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Working...
                X