Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0

Old 06-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
Razorgod
Anti-Monitor

Send a message via Yahoo to Razorgod Send a message via Skype™ to Razorgod
Default Essential reading

Alright, so I'm completely impressed with the Green Lantern books. To the point of obsession, really. I'm on top of Brightest Day and tonight, I'm picking up a complete set of Blackest Night (Which I got a really great deal on.), but what else do I need to get?

I've definitely put the Sinestro Corp War on my radar and list of must haves, but what else should I track down...you know as far as major events, critical story arcs, and major character development go?

I'd really love some help in this department, because I'm the only GL fan that I really know...aside from the people on this board, obviously. If I were trying to get caught up on Batman, Superman or the Xmen...there'd be no shortage of opinions around here. But as it stands, you guys are my resource. So please...some advice and opinions?
Razorgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
BLUELCMISHRA
Supreme Dalek Overlord

Blackest night but only the core books (blackest night, gl glc) and agent orange

BLUELCMISHRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
Revelo
Corpse Trainee

Well you are going to need to get Green Lantern: Rebirth for starters, since that is what kicked off Geoff John's run on it. Also get Green Lantern Corps: Recharge too.

Revelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

GL TPB Reading Order

Green Lantern: No Fear HC collects #1-6
Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns HC collects #7-13
Green Lantern: Wanted: Hal Jordan HC collects #14-20
Sinestro Corps War HC Vol. 1 collects GL #21-23, GLC #14-15, Sinestro Corps Special
Sinestro Corps War HC Vol. 2 collects GL #24-25, GLC #16-19
Green Lantern: Secret Origin HC collects #29-35
Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns HC collects #26-28, #36-38, Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns #1
Green Lantern: Agent Orange HC collects #39-42

SCW, Secret Origin, Rage and Agent Orange are really the only essentials you need for the main book. Don't worry about character moments here though. Its not that kinda book.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
Razorgod
Anti-Monitor

Thanks for the suggestions, thus far, I'm building my list.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
EricDH131
Kilowog's Recruit

Send a message via AIM to EricDH131

Go to the series from the 90s and read from like #45-55 to get the original parallax story where kyle first comes in. Zero Hour fits in there too
EricDH131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:30 AM   #7
Razorgod
Anti-Monitor

Thanks Eric, after being here a few days, I'd like some help find the books where the Ion stuff takes place. There's a lot of discussion here and there on him, and I don't really know much about it.

Something to help fill in the gaps would be nice. I did start reading Blackest Night, finally. And my comics guy has the Sinestro Corp Wars TPB's waiting for me to pick up this week.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #8
FrEaKjOkErXXX
Torch Bearer

Green Lantern: Rebirth is you haven't got it already.
FrEaKjOkErXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #9
Revelo
Corpse Trainee

Actually, since it has been brought up, are the any collected editions of Green Lantern Vol. 3? Now I have everything from volume 4 I was hoping to start with getting Emerald Twlight and going from there.

Revelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #10
Warrior_Pluto_II
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Send a message via AIM to Warrior_Pluto_II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelo View Post
Actually, since it has been brought up, are the any collected editions of Green Lantern Vol. 3? Now I have everything from volume 4 I was hoping to start with getting Emerald Twlight and going from there.
Yeah but I've had trouble tracking some of them down. I seem to be able to find Passing The Torch and Brother's Keeper almost everywhere I look though.

Warrior_Pluto_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
Alone Rider
Green Lantern Initiate

Quote:
Yeah but I've had trouble tracking some of them down. I seem to be able to find Passing The Torch and Brother's Keeper almost everywhere I look though.
Me too, and I'm from Argentina. Finding a TPB here is like finding the Holy Grial.

To answer your question...from "Green Lantern: Rebirth", all the v4.
And pre-"Rebirth", "Emerald Dawn", "Emerald Dawn II", "Reign Of The Supermen" (if you want to see how/why Coast City explodes), "Emerald Twilight/New Dawn", "Zero Hour", "Paralax View", "The Final Night", "Day Of Judgment" (you can also get the Spectre run with Jordan, if you like), and right there comes "Rebirth".
Good luck. I'm also trying to get this collection, and I have over the half of it. I believe it's worth it.
Alone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
Warrior_Pluto_II
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Send a message via AIM to Warrior_Pluto_II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alone Rider View Post
Me too, and I'm from Argentina. Finding a TPB here is like finding the Holy Grial.

To answer your question...from "Green Lantern: Rebirth", all the v4.
And pre-"Rebirth", "Emerald Dawn", "Emerald Dawn II", "Reign Of The Supermen" (if you want to see how/why Coast City explodes), "Emerald Twilight/New Dawn", "Zero Hour", "Paralax View", "The Final Night", "Day Of Judgment" (you can also get the Spectre run with Jordan, if you like), and right there comes "Rebirth".
Good luck. I'm also trying to get this collection, and I have over the half of it. I believe it's worth it.
I really need to track down Parallax View, Final Night, and Day of Judgement. I just read Zero Hour for the first time not too long ago. I recommend tracking down a copy of Green Lantern 0 so you can see Hal and Kyle's fight makes for a nice little bookend between Emerald Twilight and Zero Hour.

Warrior_Pluto_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:17 AM   #13
Alone Rider
Green Lantern Initiate

Quote:
I recommend tracking down a copy of Green Lantern 0 so you can see Hal and Kyle's fight makes for a nice little bookend between Emerald Twilight and Zero Hour.
I think that's included in the "Zero Hour" tpb, but I don't know...but you're right. That's a really cool issue.
Alone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote