The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 03-12-2016, 12:14 PM   #14676
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
By the time the stink wears off the corpse of the 2011 GL movie, the super hero movie bubble will have burst. I'll be shocked if WB actually ends up making another GL film.
I don't know if it will or not, but it makes me nervous that the GLC film is slated for a time after the JL films and after the Avengers, with Spidey in tow, will have confronted the Big Bad with his shiny glove. Will GenPop still have a thirst for CBMs after all of that? It's difficult to say.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:49 PM   #14677
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
Will GenPop still have a thirst for CBMs after all of that? It's difficult to say.
This right here. I don't think they will. This was never going to last forever, and I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has. But superhero movie fatigue WILL set in sooner or later. The question is, will it set in before WB goes back to the well with Green Lantern? I find it telling that GL is the furthest out, and isn't yet part of anything in their universe building.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:21 PM   #14678
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

it all depends on how the movies are structured. That's why the cap movies try to bring on other genres to supplement that its a cbm.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:44 PM   #14679
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
it all depends on how the movies are structured. That's why the cap movies try to bring on other genres to supplement that its a cbm.
That's a smart move on Disney's part. Cap 2 is like superheroes mixed with a spy movie and that worked out fantastically well. GoTG has the space genre covered. Ant Man is more comedy.

But it IS going to end.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:04 PM   #14680
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

yeah, theres no doubt of that, but if the companies manage to keep them somewhat fresh and not just keep going the "dark n grimy" route. they've said jl is gonna be lighter than bvs .
Old 03-12-2016, 11:32 PM   #14681
Space Cop
The Dandy

Well, I think the extreme popularity bubble will burst as far as having multiple comic movies a year (these things always ebb and flow), but it's an established subgenre now and I don't think it will completely die out any more than westerns or slashers "completely" died out. Pretty much since the first Superman movie we haven't gone more than about five years without a superhero flick.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:28 AM   #14682
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Four years...About 4 or 5 movies a year. That's a lot of movies until we get til GLC. That bubble might well indeed burst.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:59 AM   #14683
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
This right here. I don't think they will. This was never going to last forever, and I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has. But superhero movie fatigue WILL set in sooner or later. The question is, will it set in before WB goes back to the well with Green Lantern? I find it telling that GL is the furthest out, and isn't yet part of anything in their universe building.
I find it completely inexcusable that Hal, at least, isn't part of the Arrow/Flash universes now. There's no reason not to use GLs with all of the crazy concepts on those shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Well, I think the extreme popularity bubble will burst as far as having multiple comic movies a year (these things always ebb and flow), but it's an established subgenre now and I don't think it will completely die out any more than westerns or slashers "completely" died out. Pretty much since the first Superman movie we haven't gone more than about five years without a superhero flick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Four years...About 4 or 5 movies a year. That's a lot of movies until we get til GLC. That bubble might well indeed burst.
I agree that it won't completely vanish, but I just can't imagine casual moviegoers digesting two large cinematic universes for years to come like they've eaten up the MCU so far. Plus we have the CW and Netflix shows satiating people's desire for certain heroes. Fatigue might come later than sooner, but it has to set in eventually.

Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 03-14-2016 at 11:05 AM.
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:46 AM   #14684
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Hal is technically apart of the television universe. We've had at least 3 references that point to that.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:49 PM   #14685
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Do cameos or name drops count as being part of the universe though? If so wouldn't that also make Bruce Wayne part of the TV Universe since he and Wayne Tech have been referenced?
Old 03-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #14686
W.West

Absolutely. If all of you had the same Hal references that these CW shows have had, then you'd be fucking thrilled. You want universe building? Those kind of references do just that. Now, will you ever get Hal or Bruce? Probably not, but it builds a universe that births the possibility. Its the same as the open pod in Man of Steel, its universe building. The potential of it all.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:49 PM   #14687
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

What do you mean if all of us had the same Hal reference? I'm not following.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #14688
W.West

I meant if the people who complain that they aren't mentioning Hal early enough, got a tiny reference like they do in Arrow or Flash to the character, then you'd be flipping out for months. And you will probably get that, but the natural reaction to these recent headlines is "Fuck WB/DCE, they don't know shit. Green Lantern deserves to be everywhere. This is a travesty." Be patient people.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:02 PM   #14689
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I understand that I guess. Me personally I just take the name drops and references as fun Easter Eggs or nods to the fans. I don't get all hung up on whether or not they will show up on the show or not. If they do then cool. If they don't that's also cool with me. Tons of people keep asking when are we gonna see Bruce or Clark on any of the shows and personally I am hoping for never.

In all honesty when it comes to DCE I'm looking forward to almost everything else more than any of the other Superman or Batman projects they are coming out with or talking about coming out with. Don't get me wrong I love those two characters (okay maybe not love Supers so much) but I am pretty done with seeing only them over and over and over. I'm patiently waiting to see if they can actually pull off any movie that doesn't have the word Super or Bat in it.

Last edited by Lantern A-train; 03-14-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Lantern A-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:04 AM   #14690
W.West

I'm one of the few who would perfectly fine with a bunch of DC movies that aren't connected like Marvel. I have comics for that (and I'm not the biggest fan of it there! lol)
Old 03-15-2016, 03:25 AM   #14691
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I'm one of the few who would perfectly fine with a bunch of DC movies that aren't connected like Marvel. I have comics for that (and I'm not the biggest fan of it there! lol)
Yeah, continuity and universe-building is very important to me in comics (that used to be something DC had over Marvel), but I don't see the necessity in the movies. I'm perfectly fine with Batman, Superman, GL, et al being the only hero in their story. That's not to say that I'm not looking forward to BvS or JL, but I don't need the individual movies to build that.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:50 AM   #14692
W.West

Rumor: Hal Jordan, John Stewart and KYLE RAYNER to Feature in “Green Lantern Corps” Movie
Old 04-24-2016, 11:44 AM   #14693
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Words can't express how much I want this to be true. I'll buy every figure, statue, and bust from this film if I actually get to see my three favorite Lanterns together in live action. However, I'll believe it only when I see actual set photos.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:11 PM   #14694
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Would be really cool if it's true but even if it is the plan will probably change between now and 2020.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:03 AM   #14695
IonFan
Forum Member

sorry but i'm in the believe it when i see it camp

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:02 AM   #14696
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

As long as we're getting Hal Jordan, I'm happy. But I wanted them to get an actor in their 30's to play Hal but I guess I'm cool with having him as a veteran GL. If I had to pick an actor in his 40's to play Hal it would be Josh Duhamel.

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:12 PM   #14697
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Ya know, I few years ago, during the "Justice League" draft game we did on the GLCMB, I selected Josh Duhamel as Hal Jordan. I thought he was perfect. However, I'm kind of concern he won't be able to pull off the dramatic parts of the role, much like Ryan Reynolds. So, I reconsidered it and think Armie Hammer as Hal Jordan.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:34 PM   #14698
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

Green Lantern Corps: George Miller Possibly Being Eyed to Direct

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Last edited by CeltiC5-27; 04-29-2016 at 10:41 PM.
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:37 PM   #14699
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

His Mad Max part 4 was incredibly beautiful. A terrific, exciting, thrilling movie. It was my second favorite movie of 2015. They'd do well to have Miller direct a GLC film.

Which is why it won't happen.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:14 AM   #14700
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

There was nothing thrilling about fury road.

Tags
movie