The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 06-25-2015, 03:49 PM   #51
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

So far, the only things that are must haves for me are Devastator and the Yugioh mats. There are a few things that will be game time decisions, OR if I have a ticket for purchase and I can snag some extra stuff without hassle. There are also some items that I may pick up depending on if I'm in a good mood or not, like the Stormtrooper Hot Wheels car and the mini Batman with the light-up Bat Signal.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:56 PM   #52
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I would ask someone to try to pick me up a Unmasked Flash but I went through the nightmare of Funko's Booth last year and I couldn't put anyone through that but damn do I want that. Here's hoping it makes it's way to NYCC.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:02 PM   #53
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Yeah, Funko's booth is hell... and the guy that's in charge of the booth is a power-tripping d!ck. I picked up some of that stuff for Jay last year, and that guy was something else. It's almost impossible to get anything from that booth unless you're an exhibitor. If you're a regular attendee, the line is capped off by the time you get into the hall.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:10 PM   #54
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Pretty much and they claim they don't do it but they let in all the exhibitors get first dibs half the time. The line gets closed and people just stand there circling it and being yelled it. I can only imagine what it's gonna be like when that booth comes to NYCC as they said they should be having one there this year.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #55
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

DC Comic-Con Rumor Breakdown! (Nerdist News Report w/ Jessica Chobot)

Quote:
With Marvel, Paramount, and Sony sitting out this year’s Comic Con, DC has the stage all to itself! But will they bring to the show along with Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad?? Jessica Chobot sorts out all the rumors on today’s Nerdist News.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #56
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
Yeah, Funko's booth is hell... and the guy that's in charge of the booth is a power-tripping d!ck. I picked up some of that stuff for Jay last year, and that guy was something else. It's almost impossible to get anything from that booth unless you're an exhibitor. If you're a regular attendee, the line is capped off by the time you get into the hall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Pretty much and they claim they don't do it but they let in all the exhibitors get first dibs half the time. The line gets closed and people just stand there circling it and being yelled it. I can only imagine what it's gonna be like when that booth comes to NYCC as they said they should be having one there this year.
Just further reason for me to feel comfortable in my personal ban of Funko.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:27 PM   #57
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

What is this? Are there exclusives here?

...and now, here are some exclusives we hope you'll really like!!

A few images were snipped because of size issues.

Quote:
UPROXX has the exclusive on the next Comic-Con exclusive: a Sgt. Slaughter G.I. Joe Kre-O Set. The set also includes the Slaughter’s Marauders, his Triple T tank, and the villain Destro, who comes with his own group of Iron Grenadiers. The set will retail for $49.99

UPROXX is also reporting that Sgt.Slaughter will be signing autographs at the Hasbro booth on Saturday, July 11 from 11AM-12:30PM and again from 3PM-4:30PM.
http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...S_3Pack-16.jpg

Quote:
Remember that Playmates Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Comic-Con exclusive that was teased? Well, here it is – an 11″ Metal Mutants Leonardo.

Quote:
Calling all agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Our friends over at S.H.I.E.L.D. TV and Agent Carter News will be holding another meet-up this year, on Sunday, July 12, from 5PM-8PM at Henry’s Pub. Fans of both Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter can meet-up, grab a bite to eat (not provided), and participate in cool giveaways.

Tickets are $25, and include a swag bag and entries for door prizes. You can RSVP now on their site.

I want that bear!

Quote:
We’ve gotten our hands on two more Super7 exclusives for this year, including one that’s very interesting: a Masters of the Universe Skeletoken, which will be available at both Super7 Booth #4945 and Mattel Booth #3029. The token allows the bearer entry into the Skeletor’s Lair Pop-Up Shop, “to barter for their share of spoils from the treasure within”. At the pop-up shop, which will be Super7’s San Diego East Village retail location (701 8th Ave), Super7 will be releasing exclusive He-Man and Masters of the Universe items.

The other exclusive is a Haunted Crypt ReAction set, which will be available for $65. The set features a Mausoleum, “Spirit Glow” Frankenstein, Creature, Wolfman, and Mummy ReAction Figures.
http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...oken_promo.jpg

Quote:
Andy Warhol joined the Imperial Stormtroopers in today’s DKE exclusive: Art Trooper Series: Warhol by RYCA. This 3 and 3/4″ tall figure is available in a limited edition of 50, and will retail for $55.

Quote:
DKE is also bringing Freddy Fett, a hand cast and painted 3 and 3/4″ carded figure by Credenda Studios. The piece is available in a limited edition of 30, and will retail for $65 each.

Quote:
DC All Access unveiled the next Mondo Comic-Con exclusive today in their episode on Youtube, and fans can look forward to a die-cut single featuring music from Superman: The Animated Series and The New Batman/Superman Adventures. On the record, there will be music on one side, and the Superman symbol on the other. The piece will be premiering at Comic-Con, and then available online later in July.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Quote:
Nickelodeon is going to be all over San Diego Comic-Con this year, with not only panels, but also exclusives for everything from Avatar: The Last Airbends and The Legend of Korra to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and more classic fare. These exclusives will be spread out across several booths.

IGN has the exclusive on this year’s exclusives, and you can find more information about all of these products over on their site.

But let’s take a look at what Nickelodeon items you can find around the convention this year:

Quote:
Kidrobot and Seriously, the mobile entertainment start-up, will be debuting their collectible Best Friends branded vinyl at Comic-Con this year. You’ll be able to purchase the Best Friends x Kidrobot Slug vinyl figures, including Devourer and Lola, in both black and glow-in-the-dark editions, for $49.99 each.

Quote:
Start working on your fist bump skills, and get excited for today’s Monogram International Comic-Con exclusive: a Baymax Figure Keyring Set. The set includes three different versions of Baymax, detailing his progression from plump and tubular to fully armored and ready to go. The set is limited to 300 pieces, and will be available for $25.
http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...max_KR_Set.jpg

Quote:
Cowabunga! Today’s Monogram International exclusive features your favorite TMNT in an all-new Comic-Con exclusive: the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – 3D Foam Collector Key Ring Set. The set comes with all four turtles, as well as April O’Neil in her exclusive green outfit. The set is limited to 500 pieces, and will retail for $45.
http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...eadering_2.jpg

Quote:
Role-playing game Kingdom Hearts, a collaboration between Square Enix and Disney Interactive Studios, is getting the SDCC exclusive treatment, with a four-piece box set of Kingdom Hearts Sora and Riku’s keyblades key ring set. The set includes four unique designs, and two different colors: silver and gold. The set is limited to 200 pieces, and will retail for $40.
http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...rdsSet_Box.jpg

http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...Set_Inside.jpg

$350.00 is WAY too much for this package.

Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 06-30-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Sylent_Asassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #58
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
What is this? Are there exclusives here?

...and now, here are some exclusives we hope you'll really like!!

A few images were snipped because of size issues.

http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...S_3Pack-16.jpg

I want that bear!

http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...oken_promo.jpg

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_KS9ulgHVQ[/YOUTUBE]

http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...max_KR_Set.jpg

http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...eadering_2.jpg

http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...rdsSet_Box.jpg

http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...Set_Inside.jpg

$350.00 is WAY too much for this package.

that freddy fett looks awesome but not for 65 bucks

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:33 PM   #59
Space Cop
The Dandy

Andy Warhol stormtrooper, heh.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:30 AM   #60
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

I've got to have the Batfleck funko pop!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully it won't be too expensive on ebay

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #61
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
That awesome Super7 pop-up shop we told you about? Toyark has more details on what’s going to be there, including a set of Prototype Style Masters of the Universe ReAction Figures. You’ll need to get a Skeletoken from either the Super7 booth or the Mattel booth to head to Skeletor’s Lair, but those who brave the good fight will be treated to a chance to purchase these guys. The set will retail for $60 and is limited to one per person.

Quote:
The heavily rumored Comic-Con exclusive Magic: The Gathering Planeswalkers set are indeed coming. io9 has the exclusive on this year’s set, which will feature “a unique black-on-black color scheme with a shimmering, reflective surface on the colored areas of the art”. The set also comes with a book that explores the backstories of the five planeswalkers featured in this expansion: Chandra, Jace, Nissa, Gideon, and Liliana.

No word yet on pricing, but you can find more information, and a lot more photos, over at io9.

Quote:
At the convention, Funko is limiting customers to one of each figure that they want to purchase. Attendees are welcome to buy any selection of figures they want (depending on availability), but they will only receive one of each.
Here’s a look at this year’s exclusives:

Quote:
Only a few more DKE exclusives to go, including today’s Pimp2-D2’s Big Score Pimp Speeder with Chauffer. This piece includes a custom orange tinted wind screen, custom seats, three different hood design decals to choose from, and more. The piece is a limited edition of 30, and will retail for $200. We’re calling it: Not quite as good as last year’s C-3P-HO figure.

Quote:
The next DKE Comic-Con exclusive is Lieutenant Princess Uhura, from Junk Fed’s Space Madness line. This hand cast 3 3/4″ carded figure is limited to 30 pieces, and will retail for $55.

Quote:
Great news! Symbiote Studios will also be giving away Sam and Max collectible buttons this year. It’s a limit to one button per customer, and quantities are limited – so head over to Booth #5636.

At the official two week mark from Comic-Con’s kickoff, Symbiote Studios has revealed another exclusive for this year: Sam and Max Keychains/Backpack Clips, based on the media franchise of Sam & Max. The Freelance Police characters, who occupy a universe that parodies American popular culture, was created by Steve Purcell in his youth, and later debuted in a 1987 comic book series. The characters are a pair of anthropomorphic, vigilante private investigators based in a dilapidated office block in New York City. Sam is a calculative six-foot dog wearing a suit and a fedora, while Max is a short and aggressive “hyperkinetic rabbity thing”. Both enjoy solving problems and cases as maniacally as possible, often with complete disregard for the law. Bring the pair home with cute keychains, available for $9.99 each.

Quote:
There’s only a few Monogram International Comic-Con exclusives to go, including today’s DC Batman vs Superman Pewter Keyring Box Set. This set comes encased in a sophisticated black box, and has a brushed metal design and smooth, shiny finish. The set is limtied to 500 pieces and will retail for $15.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #62
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Toy manufacturer Toynami has started unveiling this year’s lineup of San Diego Comic-Con exclusives, and we’re expecting great things. In the past, they’ve brought exclusives for UNKL, Hello Kitty, Street Fighter, Futurama, Robotech, and more.

All of the exclusives below will be available at the Toynami booth, #3229.
Here’s a look at Toynami’s 2015 offerings:

Acid Rain Green Jeep + Green Soldier Commander ($50): Acid Rain gets nostalgic with an American classic! Revisit childhood memories of toy soldier battles with the Acid Rain Green Jeep which includes a fully articulated Green Sol Commander 1:18 scale figure. All Acid Rain exclusives are notorious for instantly selling out, so be sure to come early for yours!

Quote:
Robotech GBP-1 – Stealth Fighter – Heavy Armor ($99): In honor of Robotech’s 30th Anniversary, Toynami is excited to present the Heavy Armor GBP-1 Stealth Fighter 1:100 Scale figure. It is fully articulated just like the classic 1:100 transformables, and can be converted into Fighter, Battloid or Gerwalk modes. The Armored Veritech GBP-1S system allows a single VF-1 fighter to wield the artillery firepower of an entire squadron. The armor is able to withstand several withering barrages from enemy fire, but prevents the Veritech from transforming into fighter mode, and must be jettisoned if the pilot needs maneuverability. *Heavy Armor accessories can only be used in Battloid mode.

Quote:
Chronicle Collectibles Terminator Genisys 1/2 Scale Endoskull ($20): Chronicle Collectibles is proud to announce the Terminator Genisys™ ½ Scale Endoskeleton Skull. A completely new sculpture and design by Legacy Effects. While it still retains a lot of the design from the original T-800, this skull is 100% unique to Terminator Genisys™. Legacy Effects designed the new Endoskeleton digitally and printed every part for laser accuracy and proportion.

Quote:
Robotech Chibi Stealth Leader VF-1S in Black ($15): Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Robotech in 2015! The highly popular Robotech Super Deformed Blind Box collection has an exciting new character! Toynami is proud to present the exclusive VF-1S Stealth Leader Comic-Con Exclusive. These are sure to go fast, so be sure you get yours while they last.

Quote:
Shogun Warriors Godzilla Jumbo in Green ($300): Travel back to the groovy 1970s with the Shogun Warriors Godzilla in green! Made to replicate the original vintage design, the Shogun Warriors Godzilla features flicking tongue action, rolling wheels under the feet, and a firing right fist! Stands 19 inches tall!

Quote:
Voltron Altimite DX Transforming SD Voltron ($150): This is Voltron as you’ve never seen before! Super Deformed! Fully Transformable! Mini-Pilot Figures included! This powerhouse figure boasts a high shine with a metallic finish, in this show-only exclusive! The 5 lions will form Voltron, and each transform separately.

Quote:
Ready for some more awesome Super7 announcements? They’ll be debuting M.O.T.U.S.CL.E., a combination of two epic toy lines. You can grab the Masters of the Universe/M.U.S.C.L.E. mash-ups, which include six heroic warriors and six evil warriors, for $6 each. The Pink edition (though the photo looks orange to us) will be available at Super7 Booth #4945 and the Skeletor’s Lair Pop-Up Shop, and the all-black edition will only be available at Skeletor’s Lair (limit one per person). The Mattel booth will also be handing out purple edition Skeletor M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E. figures.

Quote:
Additionally, Super7 showed off some exclusive Comic-Con ReAction Nightmare Before Christmas figures, including Pumpkin King Ornament Jack and Sally. They’ll retail for $20 each, and you can grab them at Super7’s booth.

I'm REALLY liking that Voltron, but not for $150. The Robotech Veritech is cool too, but for $100? Not so much.

Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 06-30-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Sylent_Asassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #63
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
The folks over at Square Enix posted on their site that these two adorable plush Carbuncles from Final Fantasy XIV will be for sale at SDCC at the Square Enix booth.

Quote:
Bluefin posted on Twitter another SDCC 2015 exclusive and this one is really cool. It’s a floating Iron Man 3 Mark III figure.
http://twitter.com/BluefinBrands/sta...730176/photo/1

Quote:
SpankyStokes reports that there is now at least a partial reveal of the previously announced Be@rbrick exclusive designed by Sket One based on the famous Huy Fung Foods packaging. It will be available at Comic-Con booth #5146. More news to come.

Quote:
For those who have been asking about a Jem exclusive this year, MTV has your answer: a special edition Jerrica/Jem fashion doll, inspired by the original late 1980s cartoon. There’s a changeable outfit and head sculpt that you can swap out, to transform Jerrica to Jem. The 12.5″ doll comes with a 30″ diorama of the Eiffel Tower, and will retail for $149.99 at SDCC.
From MTV, here’s a look at her:

Old 06-30-2015, 04:03 PM   #64
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I like the Gem doll, but I don't like the price.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #65
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Quote:

I NEEEED the BvS stuff and the crystal Heisenberg, I wish I could be there

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:14 PM   #66
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

I am so going to run over anyone, and everyone, who gets between me and that Beifong kit. Also the Aang and Korra print.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:16 PM   #67
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Are the prices up for those Avatar universe ones yet?
Old 06-30-2015, 04:19 PM   #68
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

I don't think so.
I'd imagine that print is going to be the usual print price, with the model being far less than the Aang statue, because it's a vinyl model kit...and not some sort of poly-stone sculpt.

Are you going Preview night?
Old 06-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #69
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I'm not going at all
Old 06-30-2015, 04:53 PM   #70
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

NOOOOES!
I...must have blocked that knowledge out of my mind, because of how sad it's just now made me.

Okay. When I find out the prices, I'll let you know.
I can make no promises regarding my ability to get duplicates, but if I can and you're interested...lemme know.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:01 PM   #71
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Yeah I am trying not to think about it too much because it makes me sad.

That would be awesome and yes I know the madness of trying to get one of anything much less duplicates but keep me posted
Old 06-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #72
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

Text me a list Arnold I can try and get some of the things

She blinded me with SCIENCE!
TheGoatLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #73
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Will do buddy. Gotta see what my money sitch is like.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #74
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

Can do!
Ugh...lines.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:05 PM   #75
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Oh, did you think that Mattel was done with Comic-Con exclusives? USA Today just announced that they’ll be selling a movie-inspired Batman v Superman two-pack for $30. The 6″ figures are modeled after the likeness of Henry Cavill’s Superman and Ben Affleck’s Batman, and come with display bases that “combine to form the film’s iconic logo, and lights-and-sounds packaging”.

Quote:
Plus, they’ll also have a Hot Wheels Batmobile for $25, which features a die-cast chassis and body, rubber tires, and machine guns and missile launchers.

Quote:
The booth will also have previews at their booth for upcoming products, including a 12″ Wonder Woman Barbie from Batman v Superman, and a life-sized Hot Wheels build of a Batman v Superman Twin Mill car.

Quote:
Getter One Robo – Proto Getter Exclusive ($110): Arcadia proudly presents an exclusive version of its super deformed die-cast robot line “AA Gokin” with Proto Getter in purple! This is the OVA from the movie “Getter Robot Armageddon”. This robot features light-up eyes and multiple points of articulation including sliding shoulder hinges to create the dynamic poses as seen in the animation! Comes with expandable cape and weapons. Constructed of sturdy die-cast and plastic (button cell batteries sold separately, not included). Also available are the original version in red and limited edition metallic red.

Quote:
For now, let’s take a look at what Mondo is bringing to SDCC:
[UPDATE July 1] This year’s exclusive Mondo poster is an Ant-Man screen print by Kevin Tong, which is printed on holofoil, a unique reflective surface. The 24×36″ poster is a limited edition of 175, and will retail for $85.

Quote:
According to the press release, Mondo “will be releasing a diverse selection of posters throughout the convention, including the debut of an awesome new license”.

Plus, Mondo will also be bringing a slew of vinyl and collectible figures. Let’s take a look:

COLLECTIBLE FIGURES

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1/6 Scale Figures
Just last year Mondo announced that they were making a big step into the world of high-end collectible figures. At this year’s Comic-Con Mondo continues that promise to deliver jaw-dropping figures with a first look at its line of 1/6 scale Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Leonardo is the first in a series of 1/6 scale Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures, inspired by the original Eastman & Laird comic book from the 1980s. Standing approximately 11 inches in height, and featuring 25+ points of articulation, Leonardo includes interchangeable hands, multiple accessories, and a choice of the classic red mask from the comics, or the famous blue mask from the cartoon series! All four turtles will be on display at Mondo’s booth. (Price TBD)
http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...rdo-Mondo.jpeg

Quote:
First Hellboy Statue

In 1991, comic artist & writer Mike Mignola did a black & white illustration at a comic convention of a demon character that bore the name “Hellboy” on his belt. This was the genesis of the filed-horned fighter of the supernatural known and loved today. Mondo is excited to bring the original concept to life with a 12″ polystone statue showcasing all the strange and fun details of the original drawing. In addition to all the sculpted details, original Hellboycolorist Dave Stewart was enlisted to design the color scheme for the piece. Now is a Hell of a time to bring this piece of comic history home! First Hellboy is currently available for pre-order at MondoTees.com ($200)
http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...st-Hellboy.jpg

Quote:
Aliens – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

The Academy Award-nominated score for Aliens is an appropriate musical companion to this wildly successful sequel. Much like the film, the soundtrack is a departure from the original, but equally beloved. Composer James Horner took the reigns from Jerry Goldsmith and made something his own: blending the suspense and horror that the franchise is known for, with an element of fun that is unique to this entry.

This deluxe edition soundtrack features over a dozen cues that have never before been released on vinyl, including 5 bonus tracks. Commenting on the design, artist Killian Eng said, “I wanted the alien to play a big role but at the same time incorporate its shape into the materials of the space station, almost like it becomes the station itself, keeping the marines in a steady merciless grip.”

Composed & Conducted by James Horner
Artwork by Kilian Eng
Pressed on 180 Gram Queen (Blue & Black swirl) Vs.
Power Loader (Yellow with Black Stripe) Colored Vinyl
$35

Quote:
[UPDATE July 1] In yesterday’s craziness, we didn’t get a chance to update with DKE’s exclusive, so let’s make amends now. They’ll be bringing out Return of the Tar-Martian by Falcontoys, which is a hand cast and painted 3 and 3/4″ carded figure based loosely on the Mars Attack Alien. The set is limited to 15 pieces, and will be available for $85 each.

Quote:
The Secret Wars come to life in this Monogram International SDCC exclusive Marvel Secret Wars – 3D Foam Collector Key Ring Set. Included in the set are Thor, Superior Iron Man, Miles Morales Spiderman, and Falcon Captain America, as well as a Gold Iron Man. The set is limtied to 500 pieces, and will retail for $45.
http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploa...ering_1-01.jpg