The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 06-22-2008, 03:55 AM   #26
Zechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSE!!! View Post
Dude! Thanks for the link. It's not gonna help my diabetes much, but at least I'll die happy!
No prob Moose.

Exactly, cause if you're going to have the best deep dish Chicago Style pizza this is the one to have. I don't care how much damn fat or bad the pizza is. I'm of the same way of thinking and got to have this pizza once and awhile cause it's soooo goood.

Try the butter crust they offer too Moose if you can. But either way it's still great pizza. Try the three cheese bread if you can. No garlic just french bread with three cheeses and they give you some marinari sauce to dip it in.

The take out is smaller than the actual dine in (you get one massive loaf). But dang it if it's still great.

If you're looking for thin crust then I suggest you Home Run Inn Pizza:

http://www.homeruninn.com/

Their pizza, Mozz sticks, and chicken tenders are to spectacular.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #27
GLJIMT

do we have the winners?????
Old 06-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #28
Kyle Rayner
Hal's Understudy

I can go!!!!!

A couple of local 501st memebrs said I can ride with them and I got a very nice donation from an appearance.

So...... is this still a go? I can bring a couple of my rings to show off to any interested parties.....

I make kyle rayner rings... contact me for pics and pricing info

draft picks:
1. Terminator T-800 (Indy/Dark Horse)
2. Unicron (Indy/IDW)
3. Ultron (Marvel)
4. Metallo (DC)
5. Freddy Krueger
Kyle Rayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 AM   #29
Zechs

God I'm extra crispy due to the walk today from parking space to convention center. But it was worth it! So many goodies. God I'm going to be broke by tommorrow.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:29 AM   #30
Kyle Rayner
Hal's Understudy

Alrighty, I'll be in the con center around 8:30-ish... working with the RL and the 501st has it's advantages. :P

I'm going to be in my jedi until aorund 12:00 then swap into my predator until around 2:00 or 3:00..... after that, I'll be in my batsuit until the end of the day....

draft picks:
2. Unicron (Indy/IDW)
3. Ultron (Marvel)
4. Metallo (DC)
5. Freddy Krueger
Old 06-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #31
Chicago_GL
Weaponer of Qward

Send a message via Yahoo to Chicago_GL

have fun everyone

Chicago_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #32
Martley of 2814

You Americans get all the good stuff.....
Old 06-29-2008, 01:01 AM   #33
GreenLanternGeek

then come here martley
Old 06-29-2008, 01:56 AM   #34
Kyle Rayner
Hal's Understudy

well, I wandered around the convention hall and saw a guy dressed as a Guardian and another as Guy Gardner and there was a guy in an awesome Sinestro costume.... had my Kyle and Sinestro rings on a necklace as pred trophies, so....

draft picks:
2. Unicron (Indy/IDW)
3. Ultron (Marvel)
4. Metallo (DC)
5. Freddy Krueger
Old 06-29-2008, 07:25 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Well... fuck. Who won all the Wizard awards? I don't see anything anywhere about it.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:00 PM   #36
Kyle Rayner
Hal's Understudy

well, we had an issue getting all 8 preds suited up at once.... maybe it went better sunday, don't know... I was only able to get away for one day...

It's kinda depressing when two awesome pred suits lose to an Optimus Prime made from a cardboard box in the costume contest.....

but, here's what I liked:
I made it onto http://www.sandtroopers.com

I wish I would've brought the trophy necklace up higher.... the rings were hidden by the dreads I had a Kyle Rayner ring and a Sinsetro ring on the rope with a small cow skull between them... Not great, but it worked.

I sadly forgot my sword in the vehicle... it was borrowed from Daywalker and resembles an Alien queen's tail..... it was rigged to be slung over my shoulder, but I spaced on it....... too excited to suit up.

draft picks:
2. Unicron (Indy/IDW)
3. Ultron (Marvel)
4. Metallo (DC)
5. Freddy Krueger
Old 07-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #37
Zechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well... fuck. Who won all the Wizard awards? I don't see anything anywhere about it.
They where canceled. Something to do with voting on the web and it was screwed up.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #38
Zechs

GL Panel (sans Geoff since he had to leave the con for personal reasons)

Still it rocked. We learned as much we could with some minor slips of what's going on in the future of GL books. Many cracks on puking where made by the artist of the Red Lantern special plus him telling how their powers work and describing two characters. Speaking of which the special also contains the execution of Sinestro with Hal as the one whose going to pull the switch in "killing" him. I say that lightly cause come on it's the Red Lantern Special. Their SO gonna crash the party.

Ethan said that EVERY dead DCU character would return in Blackest Night. Also the day before Ethan and Geoff CONFIRMED that the Cyborg Superman will have a roll in Blackest Night (Zechs does happy dance).

Much talk on the different color spectrem and if they'll have weaknesses like green has to yellow. Or can someone use all the rings (talk came to Batman for a bit when he had both Green and Yellow on his finger)? Will there be a white ring? How some of the rings warp you (Red, Orange, and Violet which makes you hot LMAO). The Alpha Lanterns and if their going to go corrupt like the Manhunters or have their memories returned to them. Mongul and his bling. Will the rest of the Corps have Ions and Parallax's? Will more of the Guardians break away from the GLC besides freaky scarred female Guardian?

* Dan Didio reflecting on Michael Turner

Old 07-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #39
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Good reporting Zechs!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #40
Lishego

MAn can't belive I had to miss it...(must start planning now!) Thanks to everyone for all the info and pics.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #41
Kyle Rayner
Hal's Understudy

A guy on the Lair found a shot of three of us online and I had to play... I'm the one in brown leather armor.

draft picks:
2. Unicron (Indy/IDW)
3. Ultron (Marvel)
4. Metallo (DC)
5. Freddy Krueger
Old 07-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #42
MOOSE!!!
Honored Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechs View Post
They where canceled. Something to do with voting on the web and it was screwed up.
Hey Guys,

It was explained to me that the awards ceremony was canceled because nobody ever shows up. Last year it was mostly the Joe Quesada and Mark Millar show. Marvel won most of the awards, and those two got up onstage and vamped the whole night.

Some awards WERE given out at the show. Since no official announcements have been made about the winners, I'll keep mum. But you GL fans will be VERY pleased. I know I was.
http://blog.myspace.com/moosebaumann
MOOSE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:21 AM   #43
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Quote:
GL Panel (sans Geoff since he had to leave the con for personal reasons)
I heard it was becasue he went to give his respects and support for Michael Turner's family.

Quote:
Still it rocked. We learned as much we could with some minor slips of what's going on in the future of GL books. Many cracks on puking where made by the artist of the Red Lantern special plus him telling how their powers work and describing two characters. Speaking of which the special also contains the execution of Sinestro with Hal as the one whose going to pull the switch in "killing" him. I say that lightly cause come on it's the Red Lantern Special. Their SO gonna crash the party.

Ethan said that EVERY dead DCU character would return in Blackest Night. Also the day before Ethan and Geoff CONFIRMED that the Cyborg Superman will have a roll in Blackest Night (Zechs does happy dance).

Much talk on the different color spectrem and if they'll have weaknesses like green has to yellow. Or can someone use all the rings (talk came to Batman for a bit when he had both Green and Yellow on his finger)? Will there be a white ring? How some of the rings warp you (Red, Orange, and Violet which makes you hot LMAO). The Alpha Lanterns and if their going to go corrupt like the Manhunters or have their memories returned to them. Mongul and his bling. Will the rest of the Corps have Ions and Parallax's? Will more of the Guardians break away from the GLC besides freaky scarred female Guardian?
That all sounds really awesome. Any chance you might give the answers to any of the questions or elaborate on the topics? Or is there a interview online yet? I wanna hear some more juice from this panel.
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:42 AM   #44
Zechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
I heard it was becasue he went to give his respects and support for Michael Turner's family.

That all sounds really awesome. Any chance you might give the answers to any of the questions or elaborate on the topics? Or is there a interview online yet? I wanna hear some more juice from this panel.
Yes, I really respect Geoff for doing that.

Well the panel opened with Pat and the inker talking about the scene with Sinestro opening his finger to write the Sinestro Corps symbol on his cell. He said that Pete originally had the scene with a single prick, but Pat rationalized there was no way a single cut could cause that much blood. The inker stated how much the thing sickened him like so many of the readers.

Then there was a lot of talk of puke and the Red Lantern special which again the artist talked of the preview image shown at the DCU Panel which has Sinestro in a electric chair with a GL hand (artist said it was Hal).

Then the questions where asked.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:20 AM   #45
Gl Josh
Senior Corps Member

I have added some of the updated photos at my myspace.com account. All in all it was a pretty sweet Con, got some more art work (yep the fiance' is THRILLED about that) and added a few more EVS sketches to my GL HCs. Oh and Arthur Suydam (Marvel Zombies guy) is a massive prick...He showed up late (hour and a half into the con and only on Saturday) and took about 45 minutes to start signing (he was setting lithos out, talking on his cell phone, chit chatting with some people, and he ate a bagel). Oh and he would sign one thing with a donation, OR unlimited signings if you bought something from him...
Originally Posted by BatmanofSector2814 View Post
I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....
Gl Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #46
Myth

I was at that panel btw, and I got the entire panel to groan with my question. Mainly, when I asked if there would be more costume variations rather than sticking with the same "primary color - black" jumpsuit thing. :P
Old 07-15-2008, 03:40 AM   #47
Gl Josh
Senior Corps Member

Yeah I liked the panel. Ethan gave some sick answers... Like keep reading or check out that splash page...or my fav...YES EVERY DEAD CHARACTER!!!
Originally Posted by BatmanofSector2814 View Post
I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....
Gl Josh is offline   Reply With Quote