X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
    I have nothing nice to say!

https://news.yahoo.com/rush-limbaugh...171703994.html

Rush Limbaugh, whose wife Kathryn confirmed on Wednesday that he died at 70 after a yearlong and very public battle against lung cancer, was a college dropout when he began his combustible radio career, repeatedly losing gigs as a deejay and news-talk host; he spent much of 1974 jobless and living in his parents’ basement in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.

Almost five decades later, Limbaugh kept a fleet of black luxury sedans in his garage, including a $450,000 Maybach 57S, traveled on his private Gulfstream 550 jet, and owned a fabulous oceanfront Palm Beach estate befitting America’s biggest and most politically influential AM radio star—and surely among the richest—who ever mastered the medium.
    Not a fan of his but still rip
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• I'd agree with Ed. I might've agreed with some things he'd said, but he was too rude for me to care.

My former pastor bought some of Limbaugh's designed ties.

Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 02-18-2021, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        I don't think I ever expected to hear such a thing in my life.

Also, Limbaugh was a selfish turd and I'm not sorry he's gone. Dude intentionally made people's lives worse and was proud of it.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

I have nothing nice to say!

https://news.yahoo.com/rush-limbaugh...171703994.html

Rush Limbaugh, whose wife Kathryn confirmed on Wednesday that he died at 70 after a yearlong and very public battle against lung cancer, was a college dropout when he began his combustible radio career, repeatedly losing gigs as a deejay and news-talk host; he spent much of 1974 jobless and living in his parents’ basement in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.

Almost five decades later, Limbaugh kept a fleet of black luxury sedans in his garage, including a $450,000 Maybach 57S, traveled on his private Gulfstream 550 jet, and owned a fabulous oceanfront Palm Beach estate befitting America’s biggest and most politically influential AM radio star—and surely among the richest—who ever mastered the medium.
          truly a sad day for America, Mr Limbaugh sir you will be missed in these dark days ahead, without your light i see no hope for our once great land

R.I.P. to the legend that was Rush Limbaugh

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Si Spencer, Vertigo comic book writer, has passed away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

Heh. Guess they are as loud as he was...

(Though in truth, the one on the right isn't that bad.)

Comment

• Okay, I'll be honest, those actually are a lot different than I thought they would be (and yes, the blue one on the right is actually good). Now I wish he'd just been a neck tie designer instead of an obnoxious loudmouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                  Si Spencer, Vertigo comic book writer, has passed away.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                  Okay, I'll be honest, those actually are a lot different than I thought they would be (and yes, the blue one on the right is actually good). Now I wish he'd just been a neck tie designer instead of an obnoxious loudmouth.

Comment

• https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...014622579.html

Mark Morales — the rapper, actor and music producer better known as Prince Markie Dee of the trailblazing rap group The Fat Boys — died Thursday at the age of 52. A cause of death has not been made public.

Morales’ death was announced by Sirius XM’s Rock the Bells radio, where he hosted and DJ’d. “The Rock The Bells family is heartbroken to learn of the passing of Mark ‘Prince Markie Dee’ Morales earlier today. That voice and his presence can never be replaced. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones,” the station said via Twitter.

Comment

• https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ace-dies-at-98

Martha Stewart, the actress and singer best known for her supporting turns opposite Joan Crawford in Daisy Kenyon and alongside Humphrey Bogart in In a Lonely Place, has died. She was 98.

Stewart died Wednesday, her daughter Colleen Shelley reported on Twitter.

"The original Martha Stewart left us yesterday," she wrote. "She had a new part to play in a movie with all her heavenly friends. She went off peacefully surrounded by her family and cat."

Comment

• https://www.aol.com/lawrence-ferling...004038279.html

Lawrence Ferlinghetti, the poet and political activist who helped launch the Beat movement, died from interstitial lung disease at his home in San Francisco on Monday, his daughter Julie Sasse told the Associated Press. He was 101.

Born in Yonkers, N.Y., in 1919, Ferlinghetti was best known for his first collection of poetry titled “A Coney Island of the Mind,” which was released in 1958 and is still one of the best-selling poetry books ever published.

Comment

• https://exclaim.ca/music/article/nao...der_dies_at_78

Naomi Shelton — the American gospel and soul vocalist who led Daptone Records outfit the Gospel Queens — has died. Shelton's label home confirmed reports of her February 17 passing today on Instagram, though a cause of death was not revealed. She was 78.

"Her spirit was the brightest and most positive in our family, and she was genuinely full of love," Daptone wrote of Shelton on Instagram. "She called us all for our birthdays every single year, asked about our kids and significant others, always had a story to tell, reminding us of all the shenanigans that went down over the years, and was, hands down, the coolest person in the room. We loved her dearly."

Comment

Lawrence Ferlinghetti, the poet and political activist who helped launch the Beat movement, died from interstitial lung disease at his home in San Francisco on Monday, his daughter Julie Sasse told the Associated Press. He was 101.

Born in Yonkers, N.Y., in 1919, Ferlinghetti was best known for his first collection of poetry titled “A Coney Island of the Mind,” which was released in 1958 and is still one of the best-selling poetry books ever published.
                            I liked his stuff. He didn't so much launch the Beat movement as help it expand to the West Coast. But he was crucial to it by publishing "Howl" (for which he was arrested and had a landmark obscenity case) and providing the venue for its historic first reading.

He pretty much outlived all the Beats (which he didn't like to be called apparently) and kept the light burning with his bookstore (which I always wanted to hit if I ever make it to Cali).

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 02-24-2021, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• We missed the death of S. Clay Wilson a couple of weeks ago. His work was demented but howlingly funny, apparently set in motion by some bad experiences he had on LSD. It was quite extraordinary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._Clay_Wilson
                              Trey Strain
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-24-2021, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• https://news.yahoo.com/argentine-fir...170818923.html

Fanne Foxe, an exotic dancer known as the "Argentine Firecracker" who was at the center of one of the US capital's most notorious sex scandals, has died, The Washington Post reported. She was 84.

Foxe leapt into the headlines of newspapers across the country in 1974 after diving into the Tidal Basin in Washington after a boozy night at a nightclub with a married congressman.

Foxe was the stage name adopted by Annabel Edith Villagra, who was born in Nueve de Julio, Argentina. The Post said she died on February 10 in Clearwater, Florida.

Comment

Working...
                                X