No announcement yet.

Where do you see DC Comics in 5 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you see DC Comics in 5 years?

What say you?
    Defunct. Not making comics anymore of any kind.
    40.00%
    Digital comics only.
    0.00%
    Only some specials and mini-series. No ongoing comics anymore.
    0.00%
    Infrequently published "main" books only, like Batman and Superman and JL only.
    0.00%
    The same as right now.
    60.00%

None of the above. I think Disney will buy DC Entertainment and merge it with Marvel, as I've predicted for a while now.

For the comics, this will probably mean you won't see so many ongoings launched that everyone knows are going to fail anyway. I think they'll wise up and adopt my idea of recurring minis. So, instead of a Martian Manhunter ongoing that will just awkwardly peter out, you'll see an occasional MM mini of just enough issues to collect as a TPB.

Comment

On a related note, my LCS posted on Facebook (my mother had to tell me because I'm not on socials) that there's a 50% chance they're being bought by the end of the month. Not sure if that means they're gone completely if they're not bought.

Comment

same as right now just with more and more reboots

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Most Likely: DC is publishing only a dozen or so printed titles and a few others are digital-only. More titles go directly to retailers like WalMart and Target.

Somewhat likely, but currently complicated: AT&T gets to the point where they're ready to part with the IP of DC Comics. Obviously, this has much less to do with comics than TV and movies. Disney might decide that the potential is too tempting to pass up, but with the havoc that the pandemic has brought down on theaters and production, I doubt that Disney is ready to pull the trigger right now.
          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
            Most Likely: DC is publishing only a dozen or so printed titles and a few others are digital-only. More titles go directly to retailers like WalMart and Target.
            This. Cut backs, but not total stopping of monthlies.

Comment

Yeah, if that had been an option, I would have voted for it. As it is, "no change" seemed closer to what I expect than any of the other options.

Comment

Dead. At&t are laying off a bunch of workers because they're losing so much money. They'll only keep this money pit alive for so long.

Comment

At this point id rather see Disney buy the Trinity of dc that is batman superman wonder woman let the others die dissapear. Not saying marvel dosent have a woke agenda either but you have to keep those 3
                  .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    This. Cut backs, but not total stopping of monthlies.

The basic appeal of illustrated stories is just as popular, if not more popular, than it's ever been. But the industry is undergoing major shifts due to outside forces.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
                    X