Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 02-19-2021, 03:08 PM   #4101
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
Tempted to get MK11's Aftermath DLC now that it's on sale.
Anyone know if the second story is worth it?
Honestly i dont think it is. The characters are though wich you can get separately. Its basically a remake of mk11's story. Granted i like mk11 but i prefer mkx . I feel x is more darker gorey. You can get mkxl with all dlc for like 10 bucks on the ps store

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:58 PM   #4102
Space Cop
The Dandy

I liked Aftermath. It was longer than I expected for DLC, but I agree that the value is in the characters.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:06 PM   #4103
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I liked Aftermath. It was longer than I expected for DLC, but I agree that the value is in the characters.
Imo it wasnt worth 40 bucks if you guy the characters individualy there like$ 4.99 a character so $15.30 for 3 characters if you include with the taxwich is like 10 cents on the dollar. the story dlc alone is 35 for like 2 hours.

Old 02-19-2021, 05:01 PM   #4104
Space Cop
The Dandy

^Agreed. But I'd recommend it on sale, which is his question.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:23 PM   #4105
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I haven't played it, but one complaint I saw was that Kitana gets a raw deal. Not saying poorly done, just that her character arc is allegedly dark.

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:27 PM   #4106
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Started Warlords of New York on my second character. I forgot how much stuff from DC that I had left undone, but I honestly would rather grind through most of Warlords and then wait until I maxed my main character before finishing my alt, so that I don't have to grind extra levels later. Also so that I can have a stronger build to shred vanilla content right away.

Old 02-19-2021, 11:32 PM   #4107
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll just grab Robocop if the story isn't worth it. He's the only character I don't have that I'm really interested in playing with -- ironic as I generally hate guest characters.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:40 PM   #4108
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll just grab Robocop if the story isn't worth it. He's the only character I don't have that I'm really interested in playing with -- ironic as I generally hate guest characters.
Granted i like robocop but hes slow if your a more agile fast player. My top 7 i main are rambo shang stung fujin kung lao cassie / johnny cage, kollector

Old 02-19-2021, 11:59 PM   #4109
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Granted i like robocop but hes slow if your a more agile fast player. My top 7 i main are rambo shang stung fujin kung lao cassie / johnny cage, kollector
He is, but he has a nice range of far and close attacks and he has an optional invulnerability boost if you sacrifice a couple slots. I’ve actually done quite well with him and I like some of the alt skins like white metal or MK ninja look.

It’s also fun that Weller voices him and he has two interactions for every character. E.g., there’s a joke when he fights Terminator that they’ve done this before.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:36 AM   #4110
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
He is, but he has a nice range of far and close attacks and he has an optional invulnerability boost if you sacrifice a couple slots. I’ve actually done quite well with him and I like some of the alt skins like white metal or MK ninja look.

It’s also fun that Weller voices him and he has two interactions for every character. E.g., there’s a joke when he fights Terminator that they’ve done this before.
Oh yea i know . I love the banter between rambo and spawn about being soilders. Originally it was supposed to be ash from evil dead since diolauge leaked but i guess something happened with the ip and wb sent an email where it stated army of darkness ash is licensed by whatever company . I think thats why we got joker rambo and robocop. Supposedly more dlc is coming and if i had to bet its cole young from the new film and a new character for the film . Also nrs and other companies inked a new deal for licensed characters including ash so maybe we will get him to finish ed boons 80s icon fix since all the guest movie characters are from the 80s. Also evil dead has a game coming so it be good marketing

Old 02-20-2021, 03:21 AM   #4111
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
. . . Supposedly more dlc is coming and if i had to bet its cole young from the new film and a new character for the film . . .
Cole’s an original character for the movie, right? I don’t get why they had to make up a new one for a franchise that has like a hundred over all the games.
Old 02-20-2021, 03:34 AM   #4112
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Cole’s an original character for the movie, right? I don’t get why they had to make up a new one for a franchise that has like a hundred over all the games.
Yes. I read the leaked scripts and i think the 2018 one is true because the first script was like 2014 2015 since a lot of the stuff was in the red band trailer from the 2018 one and originally theres 3 scripts. im ok with it and it involves cole. He was originally called cole Turner but switched it to cole young. Theres some small cameos from mk 3 mk 4 and a prince . A set photo during shooting had the name nitara on the actors chair. Now they did a test screening back in December and it was stated it wasnt fully complete so but overall it got good praise and there setting the sequel with how it ends according to the people who saw the test screening. The director of the film just did a breakdown of the trailer saying fatalities have a reason and not just there for shock and how cole young is the audience and a really cool reason why scorpion has his spear and how it ties to the murder of his family. As for your original question it was said that ed boon hated all the 3d era characters wich is why it took 13 years to get fujin. His last appearance was mk Armageddon in 2007. Believe me its hard to go into more details without possibly spoiling the movie

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-22-2021 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:18 AM   #4113
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Realized I could slap level 40 stats on my alt while playing the expansion, so now I have overpowered-but-underleveled gear and I'm melting everything that looks in my general direction.

I should be able to unlock Liberty Island by tomorrow evening but I'll need to hold off beating it until I've maxed my main toon. After that I'll invest a bit more into my third character and then I'll maybe return to hardcore mode for one last attempt to beat that.

Old 02-21-2021, 03:33 PM   #4114
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Been nostalgic recently, so I decided to start replaying the first Division.

Played around half of the story missions, trying out my old builds again, was fun having cluster seeker mines chasing enemies all over the place. Gunplay isn't as smooth as in the sequel but still good, and the environments are always a sight for sore eyes. Character movement is a little annoying but that's a small detail.

Was a good game, still is, but I have completed most everything in the game and I'm more invested in the sequel right now, on top of all the other games and media I need to get on with. Deleted the application from my PS4, and this time it's staying gone.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:48 PM   #4115
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

BioWare has officially scrapped Anthem NEXT plans, will not update the current game any more. Servers will remain active for the foreseeable future but will probably shut down by next year, I would guess.

Personally I hope they sell the IP to another company who gives it a much better treatment, but that is also a long shot.

Old 02-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #4116
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

If you play Destiny 2 and haven't done the quest to get the new exotic scout rifle, yet, you need to. I'm not generally a scout rifle guy, but the Dead Man's Hand is quickly becoming my favorite gun in the game. It even got me to stop using Ticcu's Divination.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:17 PM   #4117
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Don't have the season pass, won't until at least next week (but there's literally months left so it hardly matters at the moment). I'm mostly focusing on completing exotic catalysts and a couple other things.

Old 03-02-2021, 02:11 AM   #4118
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Since it has been 60% off, I decided to finally purchase The Outer Worlds before the sale ends.

Only problem is the download is stalling out and the time to completion has been extending more and more with minimal progress made on the download. I am literally going to have to let my system run overnight because I am not staying up until this completes because it could take hours.

Hopefully a storm doesn't knock power out.

There's also an indie games sale on PSN and holy shit there is a ton of stuff on offer, and plenty of things I have been waiting for.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:23 AM   #4119
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

If you put your system in Rest Mode, it will optimize the download/install time by shutting down all unnecessary operations. I always just set up new games to download that way before I get off for the night so that they're done when I get up. It's also super helpful, as updates will automatically download, too, so you don't have to wait after turning on the system. The only problem with Rest Mode, is if the system gets unplugged or your power goes out, it will bring up an error message when you turn it back on, telling you to shut it down completely before unplugging.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:38 PM   #4120
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well I let the system do its thing overnight and woke up this morning to find out that the power, thankfully, remained on and the download had finished. Fuck if I know why it was doing so poorly when I have pretty good speeds and the game on its own wasn't enormous (I had much less trouble with all of MK11 than I did with just vanilla Outer Worlds).

Old 03-04-2021, 01:43 AM   #4121
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well, I checked out the "Essential Picks" sale and the first thing that popped up was a free download for Ratchet & Clank, apparently a remaster/remake/something like that of the original from PS2. Since I never played those games I grabbed it. Only thing in the new sale that I'm really interested in is Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove Edition.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:16 PM   #4122
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So Bungie announced a survey-driven vote for forthcoming armor sets for Destiny 2, classic movie monsters and dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs will probably win, and they look good, but the monsters are Godzilla, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Cyclops (possibly Seventh Voyage of Sinbad). I want to be the Gill Man so fucking bad but chances are it'll just be a beautiful pipe dream.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:47 AM   #4123
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Gotta love how Division 2 is recycling the older seasons for people who missed them and with some small tweaks to freshen things up. I love that Dark Zone exclusives are on the rewards track and that the premium track is open to all players, but I'm also disappointed that there are no crafting blueprints for the unique gear.

Old 03-12-2021, 01:51 AM   #4124
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Finally unlocked silver surfer in marvel future fight. Not sure if anyone here plays but next update is ikarus from eternals with a defenders update as well. Its a fun mobile game but some stuff is behind paywalls. If you know when to look you can find dollar deals

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-12-2021 at 01:54 AM.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:43 AM   #4125
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Since the sale was ending, I went and purchased Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove Edition. There are two other active sales but between them only a little that I want so I think I'll hold off until the next one activates and peruse its offerings.