The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2020, 01:54 AM   #5801
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Apparently cancer rates go up, in general, as life expectancy goes up, because the longer you live, the more chance you have to eventually get cancer. Not that this means only old people get cancer, of course. It is just a statistical increase, averaged over the whole population.

Cancer death rates, meanwhile, have trended downward, due to advances in treatment, so more people than ever are surviving cancer. (Though the decline seems rather gradual.)
Its crazy. Apparently cancer is on both my mom and dads side. Now i know zilch on his medical history since my mom was a single mom so i admit my ocd is getting to me because im a self diagnoser wich isnt healthy. As a ex tobacco smoker knock on wood so far no cancer for me but i tend to freak out despite being in good health
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:16 AM   #5802
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

Been a minute since i posted about my aunt. No cancer in her bones so thats good. Shes been home since thanksgiving. Shes in California and us as family are based in Illinois wich is hard. I offered to go iut there and help if needed . They have everything covered
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:20 PM   #5803
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

Just found out my cousin and her husband have covid. They had a get together 3 days ago. I feel fine but the ocd is messing with my head
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:58 PM   #5804
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

My aunt isnt doing good. Only a matter of time before she passes. Im ok i just hope its quick for her
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:19 PM   #5805
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

She passed last night
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 05:02 PM   #5806
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 28,014
Blog Entries: 2
Default

^Sorry to hear it, though, as you suggested it was a probably a mercy.
__________________
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 05:12 PM   #5807
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
^Sorry to hear it, though, as you suggested it was a probably a mercy.
Thanks yea im glad it was quick because my mom lasted roughly a month after she came home . Not pretty to see someone bed ridden and suffering. Her son is coming to Illinois in spring or summer to bury her ashes close to family since where all based out here. Im going to miss her witty banter. Im close to family so i keep in touch with family outside of Illinois since i have the time
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:06 PM   #5808
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

Hoping i get this volunteer hospital job. The more i sit home im turning into jack Nicholson from the shining
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:19 PM   #5809
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

Finally got a volunteer job. Its at a pantry Christian based
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:39 PM   #5810
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

I was hoping to avoid this but have to get covid tested tomorrow. Not thrilled at all since i was tested last April.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 03:01 AM   #5811
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 28,014
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I have never been tested, but I get vaccine shot #2 Friday.
__________________
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:27 AM   #5812
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I have never been tested, but I get vaccine shot #2 Friday.
I got tested last April. Its weird because they swab the back of the nose through nostril. It dosent hurt but after man sinuses kick in to where its a horrible headache. Im debating about the vaccine. Hearing Johnson and Johnson got stopped for causing blood clots so im hesitate about the other 2 vaccines. My aunt in Florida gets tested weekly because she does personal training with elderly.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 04-15-2021 at 11:30 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:26 PM   #5813
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,015
Default

I'm not saying this is you, but your post just brought it to mind.

I find it darkly amusing that many of the same people that say COVID-19 isn't worth worrying all that much about because it doesn't kill people that often as a percentage, are the same people who are dead set against getting a vaccine because of potential side effects that are FAR, FAR less likely to kill you.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:31 PM   #5814
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'm not saying this is you, but your post just brought it to mind.

I find it darkly amusing that many of the same people that say COVID-19 isn't worth worrying all that much about because it doesn't kill people that often as a percentage, are the same people who are dead set against getting a vaccine because of potential side effects that are FAR, FAR less likely to kill you.
See im not against a vaccine or oposed to getting one. I myself am very careful with what i put in my body. Like when i started getting tattoos i had to do so much research because i have a history of allergies with a lot of things. Funny thing is most tattoo allergies are from colored ink so everything i have is black and gray. Ive had bad side effects from the flu shot wich is why i dont get them. I cant speak for anyone else only me. Personaly i think i have ashma but was never properly tested for it. Im better now thanks to inhaler. My lungs were on fire since last Friday helping family move. Thing above covid is we also have to consider family history. My family is notorious for stroke cancer ashma high blood pressure. Imagine how high risk someone can be with a heart issue hence the underling conditions debate. Maybe im wrong but didn't the cdc say your not fully immune Even with vaccine or was that fauccie? I thought i saw a Yahoo headline about it
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 04-15-2021 at 04:41 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:18 PM   #5815
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,015
Default

The vaccines aren't perfect, no. It does seem that, if you do get COVID after getting a vaccine, the case will be mild. At least that's what I recall reading. I haven't been vaccinated yet mainly because it still seems like there is less vaccine than people who want it, and I'm at very low risk, so I'm inclined to let others get it before me.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:22 PM   #5816
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
The vaccines aren't perfect, no. It does seem that, if you do get COVID after getting a vaccine, the case will be mild. At least that's what I recall reading. I haven't been vaccinated yet mainly because it still seems like there is less vaccine than people who want it, and I'm at very low risk, so I'm inclined to let others get it before me.
Same for me. All the people at my new job had there first dose and we have a optional mask policy for inside the wearhouse . We only wear masks when delivering to a persons car upon arrival. Most of these people are retired vets from the gulf war so like you i can wait till they get what they need. I hate the mask because i honestly cant breath when wearing one. If im at a store yea ill wear one but if im outside no
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 04-15-2021 at 05:31 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:30 PM   #5817
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,844
Default

Tested negative so thats a relief
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.