The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 03-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Default McDonald's Happy Meal Toys GL:TAS

After the Transformers promotion, Mc donalds will be promoting Cartoon Networks Green Lantern. You can see a preview of the toys on the Happymeal website.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
tangent66
Major Force's Dinner Date

Send a message via Skype™ to tangent66

http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/index.html#/Toys

Some are pretty cool. Hopefully they sell well.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
Hurrijak
Kyle's Nude Model

Nice, I'm looking forward to these. Now if we could only get a real toyline from the series...
Hurrijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Muthasucka
Parallax Host

I'm guessing we'll get a 4" line a la the GL movie kids line or the Young Justice line (or JLU). Hopefully at least they'll have metallic paint and a CnC. But there's no reason to do a 6" line for this show.
Muthasucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
myuserid
Lantern Hex

Meh
Old 03-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
Bob Sachs
Voice of Guy Gardner

Drats!!! You beat me to the news!!! ~sniff... Oh Well... Kilowog looks cool from the Happy Meal though...
Old 03-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Cute. Can't beat free I guess. (or the buck a piece I'll end up paying the kid at the counter to get them). I like the animated style and think it'll translate better into toys than the movie line did. Hopefully a real line happens.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that the animated series gets fun looking tie-ins at probably the largest fast-food chain in the country, and the best they could do for the theatrical movie was....bags....at Subway?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
myuserid
Lantern Hex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that the animated series gets fun looking tie-ins at probably the largest fast-food chain in the country, and the best they could do for the theatrical movie was....bags....at Subway?
Yeah, that was probably the worst promotion ever.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:15 AM   #10
Hurrijak
Kyle's Nude Model

Agreed, this promo is infinitely better than the Subway one. Heck those Mcd toys look better than some of the movie toys. I love the animated style.
Hurrijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:43 AM   #11
GLJIMT

Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #12
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
You said it. For a movie who suppoesdly spent so much on publicity,they really went cheap in that sense.

And also Any one notice that Hal's gloves are green on these figures?
Old 03-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #13
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
HEY!

they were nice bags......... you could put one (maybe two) small things in it

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

Ok, am I the one who has to say this? Those toys are intended for children. And also, I don't like the fact that the series is in CGI. I hate CGI, and why is there this made up red lantern when they could use bleez instead, infact why are the red lanterns the primary vilians and Sinestro corps is'nt? I've only seen a premiare of the series as a bonus feature on the GL movie DVD, but I still think the series looks bad. They should have done it in the style of the batman or the DCAU (DC animatd universe, that's basicly JLU and batman: the animated series). I think Marvel are doing better with their animations than DC at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #15
Muthasucka
Parallax Host

First of all, kids like CG more than traditional. Sad, but true. Second, CG is cheaper, which means more episodes per season. Third, aside from all the DTVs that DC makes, DC now has two shows on the air, and Marvel currently has none, so I don't see how they're doing better. Fourth, Avengers is a great show and I'm looking forward to its return, but it's no better than Young Justice, and the animation is MUCH worse. And, fifth, have you seen the previews for Ultimate Spider-man? It looks godawful.

Green Lantern is a quality show with good writing and acting and if, like EVERY SINGLE other screen interpretation of a comic property, you can get over the fact that they change some things around, you should be able to enjoy it for what it is, not what it isn't.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #16
RodimusVTS

I think it's funny that the McD's figs look like they're almost as half way decent as the GL movie line. Mattel really needs to get their butt in gear, and actually try to make good 4" DC figs for once. I mean they ALMOST fricking did good figs at the end of DCUIH, but everything that made those last figs good was gone from the GL movie line. Maybe they'll pick up Dave Vonner now that Hasbro fired him for leaking too much info to fans.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:20 AM   #17
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

I just saw Hal's young Justice Figure on Ebay and It looks like crap. Mattel strikes again!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #18
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthasucka View Post
First of all, kids like CG more than traditional. Sad, but true. Second, CG is cheaper, which means more episodes per season. Third, aside from all the DTVs that DC makes, DC now has two shows on the air, and Marvel currently has none, so I don't see how they're doing better. Fourth, Avengers is a great show and I'm looking forward to its return, but it's no better than Young Justice, and the animation is MUCH worse. And, fifth, have you seen the previews for Ultimate Spider-man? It looks godawful.

Green Lantern is a quality show with good writing and acting and if, like EVERY SINGLE other screen interpretation of a comic property, you can get over the fact that they change some things around, you should be able to enjoy it for what it is, not what it isn't.
It is a shame kids prefer CGI. As for your comment "like the show for what it is, i've taken that into account and i've decided I don't realy like the show much. And when I said that Marvel are doing better than DC in this department, i meant in general, not at the present. Marvel have made more shows than DC in general, even though DC have more on at the moment. I guss i'm one of those old guys who prefer the clasic 90s TV series than the modern ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusVTS View Post
I think it's funny that the McD's figs look like they're almost as half way decent as the GL movie line. Mattel really needs to get their butt in gear, and actually try to make good 4" DC figs for once. I mean they ALMOST fricking did good figs at the end of DCUIH, but everything that made those last figs good was gone from the GL movie line. Maybe they'll pick up Dave Vonner now that Hasbro fired him for leaking too much info to fans.
I'd prefer it if these figures went back to 5" instead of this silly 3", 3.5",4" and so on. You can fit more detail on to a larger figure.
Anyway, back to the McD figures themselfs, I think they do capture the likenes to the characters they're based on well. McD and burger king always did make good superhero toys. I remember their x-men 3 and spider-man 2 lines very well!
Quote:
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:

Last edited by Deadpool; 03-18-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #19
Muthasucka
Parallax Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
It is a shame kids prefer CGI. As for your comment "like the show for what it is, i've taken that into account and i've decided I don't realy like the show much. And when I said that Marvel are doing better than DC in this department, i meant in general, not at the present. Marvel have made more shows than DC in general, even though DC have more on at the moment. I guss i'm one of those old guys who prefer the clasic 90s TV series than the modern ones.
Yeah, it's a shame DC didn't do ANY good superhero shows in the '90s *cough* Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series *cough*, or the '00s for that matter *cough* Batman Beyond, JLU *cough*.

I guess I'm just one of those old guys who was already an adult by the '90s and could thus see what utter garbage the X-Men, Avengers and Spider-Man shows were. I'll take quality over quantity any day. The only good shows Marvel has ever done were Spectacular Spider-Man and the new Avengers. Marvel may be doing better in the film department, but including all the DTVs, DC crushes Marvel in animation. Period. Sorry.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #20
Deadpool

I was'nt saying that DC did'nt make anthing in the 90s, i'm saying that marvel made more than DC in the 90s. I actuly prefered x-men to DCs stuff from the 90s, but i'd say that x-men & JLU tie with me, although I also realy liked the batman. It's just my opinion.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #21
Nowen
Hal's Understudy

The 90's cartoons were the reason I was such a Marvel fan as a kid. X-men and Spider-man both were shows that it was almost impossible to pull me away from. Hell I watched the first episode of X-men so much as a kid that when I watched again recently on Netflix I was quoting it line for line.

I enjoyed Batman the Animated Series as a kid as well. It was pretty much the only thing that kept the Marvel fanboy at bay. Personally I'm not a big fan of the art style for JLU, but YJ is my go to show. I've been meaning to pick back up GL, but just haven't.

Sig by Zander Yurami
Nowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
Muthasucka
Parallax Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
I was'nt saying that DC did'nt make anthing in the 90s, i'm saying that marvel made more than DC in the 90s. I actuly prefered x-men to DCs stuff from the 90s, but i'd say that x-men & JLU tie with me, although I also realy liked the batman. It's just my opinion.
I guess I'm not really sure what your point is then. You say that Marvel is doing better than DC with cartoon shows and then all you're talking about is the '90s?? You realize that was 20 years ago, right? And what has Marvel done since then? Two shows, three if you count Superhero squad. Then there was the abysmal FF and Iron Man shows from a few years ago that got canned quick, the Black Panther animated series that never aired, and the CG Spider-Man show on MTV that lasted 6 episodes.

Meanwhile DC has had a Batman show on the air continuously since 1992, not to mention Superman, Teen Titans, LoSH, Young Justice and now GL. AND they've put out like 20 DTV movies in that time to Marvel's 7.

I'm not a Marvel hater at all, and I'm glad that Avengers is so good, but most of their animation has been terrible, even the successes like 90's X-Men. Compare the animation in that to B:TAS and it's not even close. And that new Spider-Man show looks awful. So bummed they cancelled the excellent Spectacular for that garbage.

Last edited by Muthasucka; 03-18-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #23
RodimusVTS

I've got to disagree about animation styles, and quality. I actually preferred the X-men, and Spidey shows from the 90's to the Superman, and Batman from the 90's (though I did love them, but hated that they made Kyle the GL that found Abin in the Sas). Though the JLU series was one of my favorite shows I still don't like that non detailed art style. However if the writing of the show is good I over look art styles (TF animated WOW that art was bad, but the show rocked).

The writing of the new GL show is great so far, and the voice actors nail the characters.

As for figure scales Deadpool you have to admit that being able to crossover different lines makes inter-dimensional play more fun, and really makes customizing more fun too. So I've been loving the 4" lines, and though the 5" Toybiz lines are what I grew up w/ I love the detail, and articulation that Hasbro has been putting into their 4" lines, and I really wish Mattel wouldn't have wasted their articulation budget on those dang Avatar figures instead of the GL line.

I mean really which would you rather have? A Kilowog like I made from the MU Juggy w/ a re-sculpted JLU Kilowog head, or the pos Mattel made.

Here he is standing for height comparison

Last edited by RodimusVTS; 03-19-2012 at 01:57 AM.
RodimusVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #24
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowen View Post
The 90's cartoons were the reason I was such a Marvel fan as a kid. X-men and Spider-man both were shows that it was almost impossible to pull me away from. Hell I watched the first episode of X-men so much as a kid that when I watched again recently on Netflix I was quoting it line for line.

I enjoyed Batman the Animated Series as a kid as well. It was pretty much the only thing that kept the Marvel fanboy at bay. Personally I'm not a big fan of the art style for JLU, but YJ is my go to show. I've been meaning to pick back up GL, but just haven't.
That's exactly the thing that happened to me! And when you said you liked batman: the animated series, then said you did'nt like the animation on JLU, Those 2 were done in the same style. They're part of the DC animated universe (DCAU) so they're pretey much the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthasucka View Post
I guess I'm not really sure what your point is then. You say that Marvel is doing better than DC with cartoon shows and then all you're talking about is the '90s?? You realize that was 20 years ago, right? And what has Marvel done since then? Two shows, three if you count Superhero squad. Then there was the abysmal FF and Iron Man shows from a few years ago that got canned quick, the Black Panther animated series that never aired, and the CG Spider-Man show on MTV that lasted 6 episodes.

Meanwhile DC has had a Batman show on the air continuously since 1992, not to mention Superman, Teen Titans, LoSH, Young Justice and now GL. AND they've put out like 20 DTV movies in that time to Marvel's 7.

I'm not a Marvel hater at all, and I'm glad that Avengers is so good, but most of their animation has been terrible, even the successes like 90's X-Men. Compare the animation in that to B:TAS and it's not even close. And that new Spider-Man show looks awful. So bummed they cancelled the excellent Spectacular for that garbage.
You know what, i'm gonna give that one to you. Infact, we've been ranting about this for so long, i've actuly forgoten my point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusVTS View Post
I've got to disagree about animation styles, and quality. I actually preferred the X-men, and Spidey shows from the 90's to the Superman, and Batman from the 90's (though I did love them, but hated that they made Kyle the GL that found Abin in the Sas). Though the JLU series was one of my favorite shows I still don't like that non detailed art style. However if the writing of the show is good I over look art styles (TF animated WOW that art was bad, but the show rocked).

The writing of the new GL show is great so far, and the voice actors nail the characters.

As for figure scales Deadpool you have to admit that being able to crossover different lines makes inter-dimensional play more fun, and really makes customizing more fun too. So I've been loving the 4" lines, and though the 5" Toybiz lines are what I grew up w/ I love the detail, and articulation that Hasbro has been putting into their 4" lines, and I really wish Mattel wouldn't have wasted their articulation budget on those dang Avatar figures instead of the GL line.

I mean really which would you rather have? A Kilowog like I made from the MU Juggy w/ a re-sculpted JLU Kilowog head, or the pos Mattel made.

Here he is standing for height comparison
I agree with you when you say that you prefer the animation style on marvels shows than DC, marvels style is just so much more realistic!
As for your kilowog thing, i'd rather have a DCD one than a mattel one. I don't realy go for movie figures anymore. And to be quite honest, if I had to choose between a JLU kilowog or a movie mattel one, i'd actuly go for the JLU one. And I like crossing lines over, but not by scale. I go for 5"-7", but I mainly go for 6". I only go for 5" or 7" if I realy want the character.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #25
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

The wait for this promotion is killing me!