The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 06-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #26
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

So far, I haven't really seen any exclusives that screams "must buy." The Graphitti exclusive and the Hugo Strange come the closest, but if I missed out, I doubt I'd lose any sleep. Looks like I'll be spending my time in SWAG lines instead... and I hope this year features some good stuff because last year's was kind of weak.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #27
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I haven't seen anything I want for free, much less that I'm willing to pay scalper prices on ebay for. That nU Shazam figure took the wind out of my sails.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #28
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

That Nu Sh!tzam pretty much pissed off all action figure collectors, especially those hard core guys on Fwoosh. Everyone was expecting Granny Goodness or Doomsday (which would have freaking rocked), but they gave us that crap.

Toy Guru gives an SDCC exclusive Mattel review and barely spends 5 seconds on Sh!tzam.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #29
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Okay this I kind of want

Quote:
•MTV Geek had the scoop on Mezco Toyz’ latest SDCC exclusive: The Breaking Bad Walter White Hazmat Suit Edition.

Walter comes with his trademark yellow Hazmat suit, chemical drum, lab bottles and makeshift flyswatter, and comes “in a collector-friendly package with a Los Pollos Hermanos slipcover”. It’s a limited run of 1500 and is available for order via the Mezco website, or at booth #3445 in the Exhibit Hall.

Quote:
•Dark Horse Comics tweeted an update on its proposed Game of Thrones figures, saying we may possibly see them at SDCC:
“@cobra74 We're working on it! Have some statues and drinking items to get out first. Cross your fingers for SDCC.

— Dark Horse Comics (@DarkHorseComics) June 3, 2013
Old 06-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #30
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

For anyone interested, Matty has started their SDCC Voucher sale today.

Here's the link: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ID.40731630309

The retro Asteroids Hot Wheel looks cool... but not for $40. I'm kind of interested in that Superman Movie Masters diorama set with lights. I just want to see what it does.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #31
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

That's what's preventing me from possible pre ordering it.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #32
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

So far, a few things have already sold out:

Hot Wheels BSG Cylon Raider

How Wheels BSG Colonial Viper

Monster High Webarella

Old 06-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #33
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
For anyone interested, Matty has started their SDCC Voucher sale today.

Here's the link: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ID.40731630309

The retro Asteroids Hot Wheel looks cool... but not for $40. I'm kind of interested in that Superman Movie Masters diorama set with lights. I just want to see what it does.

The Man of Steel has my interest, but I'll probably pass on it.

The only must haves for me so far, are the Hugo Strange and Green Lantern 3 3/4" four pack of figures.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #34
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

The Walter White exclusive is pretty cool. I might have to have that.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #35
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
That Nu Sh!tzam pretty much pissed off all action figure collectors, especially those hard core guys on Fwoosh. Everyone was expecting Granny Goodness or Doomsday (which would have freaking rocked), but they gave us that crap.

Toy Guru gives an SDCC exclusive Mattel review and barely spends 5 seconds on Sh!tzam.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
my god that thing is shitzam for sure, where the hell is Granny they need to fill out the rest of the New Gods
Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 AM   #36
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I had totally missed this quote until now!

Quote:
•Dark Horse Comics tweeted an update on its proposed Game of Thrones figures, saying we may possibly see them at SDCC:
“@cobra74 We're working on it! Have some statues and drinking items to get out first. Cross your fingers for SDCC.

— Dark Horse Comics (@DarkHorseComics) June 3, 2013
My God, just take my money!!! I'm right here!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #37
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

There’s no shortage of excitement for Hasbro’s annual San Diego Comic-Con exclusives. Every year, the HasbroToyShop booth is one of the most popular stops on the exhibit floor, and its lines rival Ballroom 20 and Hall H, so much that it’s even earned a hashtag all of its own when we cover line queues for our followers.

The anticipation for Hasbro’s SDCC exclusives is so high, the pre-con announcements of what Hasbro will be bringing are generally an event unto themselves. It’s one our most popular topics on the blog with our readers leading up to SDCC.

We’ll be keeping a list of the Hasbro SDCC 2013 exclusives in this master post, and we’ll be updating as they are announced.

[UPDATE JUNE 5]

USA Today seems to be Hasbro’s favorite outlet for announcing its SDCC exclusives, and today they’ve announced three more.

It was also stated these four exclusives will be available in limited quantities after Comic-Con via the HasbroToyShop website.

My Little Pony DJ Pon-3: This pony from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic season one, will be “embellished with Swarovski crystal elements” on her sunglasses and unicorn horn. It also comes in special lighted packaging. This one will go for $49.99.

Jem and the Holograms “Glitter N’ Gold” Figure: An update from last summer’s collectible doll, this year’s version has “more detail, a better and more realistic sculpt, and accessories including an extra dress and a record trophy”. Aimed at the hardcore Jem fans this exclusive will set you back $140.

G.I. Joe/Transformers Skystriker/V.A.M.P. Set: This year, another mashup of the two big Hasbro licenses appears as an SDCC exclusive. The Skystriker will be in the colors of Jetfire, while the V.A.M.P. is designed in the style of Hound. It also includes the figures Baroness with the Decepticon Ravage, Snake Eyes with Autobot logo and a “a robotic samurai warrior with a skeleton head in the colors of the Decepticon Bludgeon”. This will set you back $99.99.

Marvel Legends Thunderbolts 6-inch Figure Set: The set contains 6-inch, detailed and articulated version so fLuke Cage, Crossbones, Ghost, Moonstone and Judith Chambers. No packaging information has been released, but the set runs a cool $89.99.

Last edited by Lantern A-train; 06-05-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Lantern A-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #38
lanternjv37
Green Lantern Initiate

would anyone pick me up the marvel legends sdcc exclusive?!?!? really want crossbones!!
Old 06-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #39
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

•Mezco Toyz unveiled another SDCC 2013 exclusive that will make you yell “Ho!” (sorry, we just had to do that). It’s the Thundercats 14-inch Cheetara with that beloved Snarf. This beauty – literally (we’re talking Cheetara, here) – has glow-in-the-dark eyes and ten points of articulation. Snarf stands at five-inches tall. The two are packaged in a window box and are available for pre-order now at Mezco’s web store for $50.

•Check out this limited edition (750 pieces) Resident Evil Zombie Dog Statue from Hollywood Collectibles. It’s $59.95 and can be pre-ordered now. Just the perfect gift for moms everywhere!

•Factory Entertainment has announced another SDCC 2013 exclusive, a plush replica of the dolphin glove puppet used by Pam Poovey on FX’s series Archer. It’s a limited blue variant from season one, and is available at Comic-Con. An extremely limited quantity will be made available online for Factory Direct customers, so place your orders now.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #40
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Gentle Giant SDCC 2013 Exclusives [UPDATE June 6]

James Bond Honey Trap Whisper Variant: Exclusive doesn’t begin to describe this, erm, exclusive. A limited run of 100 pieces for this extremely detailed depiction of Bond Girl Domino from the film Thunderball, this Honey Trap Whisper Variant SDCC Exclusive statue stands 22.5″x11″x11″ and runs – wait for it – $669. Premiere Guild member will get the first shot at pre-ordering this, so only Bond geeks and serious collectors need apply. Only one per account.

“Magnitude” An Admiral Ackbar Mini Bust: “Magnitude” an Admiral Ackbar mini bust, is based on the artwork by Steven Daily. This mini bust stands at 8” tall and comes in a screen printed wooden box with a 4 x 6 limited edition lithograph print by Acme Archives. Limited edition of 500 pieces, each comes with a hand-numbered certificate of authenticity and bottom stamp. This will strictly be limited to one per account and will cost $175.00

Old 06-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #41
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Looking at Ackbar and a image of a box reminds me of a Jack in the Box... and that's what the SDCC exclusive should be. When you spin the handle, it plays the Williams SW theme and at the end, Ackbar pops out and says, "It's a trap!" I'd buy that exclusive.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #42
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I'd buy the hell out of that
Old 06-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #43
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Someone will probably see this and steal my idea. Watch next year's exclusive be an Ackbar JITB.

In other news, all of Matty's voucher pre-sales are sold out.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #44
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Fuck that let's get it made ourselves. We can talk details at The Kilt
Old 06-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #45
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

LOL! I'd never put the damn thing down. Every time Ackbar popped out and said, "It's a trap," I'd giggle my ass off.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #46
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I can't even think about it now without chuckling to myself.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #47
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

(Na-NA-na na na NAAAAA na)-- Boing! IT'S A TRAP!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #48
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Marvel has confirmed the existence of the Deadpool Corps Figure Set as an SDCC exclusive. Here’s the details:

The 3.75-inch Marvel Universe figures of Deadpool, Lady Deadpool and Champion of the Universe, along with figurines of Kidpool, Dogpool and Squirrelpool come packaged in individual “taco shells,” all inside a collectible taco truck package!
The set will go for $49.99. As with the previously announced exclusives, this will be available on the HasbroToyShop website after SDCC.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #49
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I'm gonna try and get that set.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #50
nevermore
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Holy crap I can't believe the MLP is $50! I was gonna get it for my daughter but fuck that! Also I was interested in getting the Baroness/Ravage as I really wanted the statue that was never released but since its part of a set that costs $100 I will pass. Oh well I'll save myself the hassle of standing in Hasbro's line.

-Henry Adams
nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote