Larfleeze #7 Preview

50.00%
    0.00%
    50.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 01-30-2014, 11:17 PM.

So, I thought this was okay. This story about the eternal family is a little better.

I also like the reveal that there is really nothing deeper to Larfleeze than greed.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      I also like the reveal that there is really nothing deeper to Larfleeze than greed.
      Does that actually count as a reveal?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        Does that actually count as a reveal?
        I suppose not, but I like that they didn't reveal he secretly has some deeper motivation.

Comment

:Moderator:

This issue was actually pretty good, minus the amateurish art. Larfleeze is definitely growing on me, looking forward to seeing G'Nort show up.
          sigpic
          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Eh.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

The only way this entire series redeems itself is that Stargrave and Wanderer are lost forever down a black hole, followed by Larfleeze going back home and barfing up the Orange Lantern and everything else he "destroyed" in #2.

Or Larfleeze wakes up in his home and discovers #1-#7 were just a fever dream.

Comment

Review... http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...4/larfleeze-7/
                The last fan of 1990s comics
                Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                  Review... "This story just wasn’t interesting at all, and the underwear jokes were beaten to death. It’s rather dumb that Larfleeze’s power ring is sarcastic just like Stargrave. The fact that it only wants to push Larfleeze to acquire more stuff is fine, but the ring’s wiseass persona makes no sense."
                  That's my biggest problem with Giffen's space and future stuff. He makes these jokes that would make sense in a human (mostly Modern, Western world) context but don't make sense in alien culture. That kind of thing always takes me right out of the story.

Comment

Working...
                  X