X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Collectibles 3 3/4″

damn them ..........I need them all

LaTeR

dammit idk. I could buy all that. Idk what im gonna do if all that goes on sale or when it does...im screwed

Comment

I read somewhere that the new DC 3 3/4" line would only be sold at conventions. Which, if true, seems beyond stupid.

Comment

I want them all!
        Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

I had heard that as well but I can't imagine they'd do that. Probably the kilowag and kyle set will sell crazy at the show and then they'll see green and release them elsewhere.
          LaTeR

Comment

i want them so bad (

Comment

I really can't stand the 3 3/4" scale. I much prefer 6" or 12" scale, but it's still cool that they are doing these for those that want them. But hell, I want that playset!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                I really can't stand the 3 3/4" scale. I much prefer 6" or 12" scale, but it's still cool that they are doing these for those that want them. But hell, I want that playset!
                I'd be one of those that want them...if they were available at my local Target or something. The whole attraction of 3.75" figs over other sizes (IMHO) is that they are cheaper, and stores can carry more in less space, so theoretically you can see more variety. If you make them convention only, you've just killed both those reasons (no way will they be cheap as convention-only items, and stores will never see them). That's why that decision, if true, stikes me as almost unbelievably dumb. Plus annoying, as I'll probably never make it to any of these conventions.

Comment

Then it'll jus be the next DCD thing to wither and die on he vine. And it'd be deserved too. You don't do cheap figures and NOT put them out mass market. Save con stuff for high end.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                    You don't do cheap figures and NOT put them out mass market.
                    Unless you need to build hype after having three mass market lines fail. This seems like a good way to gauge support with limited risk before going wide to mass market.
                    <...>

Comment

First of all, DCC doesn't do mass market lines to begin with. Second, they've said that if these first packs sell well at SDCC (Kyle and Kilowog) and NYCC (John and Atrocitus) that they'll start selling them outside of conventions, whether that means online or in specialty shops. Yes, they're just trying to gauge support right now, because they (DCD/DCC) haven't done anything like this before. But it has nothing to do with the failure of three mass market lines since those were from Mattel and these are DCC. Completely different companies.

Comment

Originally posted by tangent66 View Post
                        Unless you need to build hype after having three mass market lines fail. This seems like a good way to gauge support with limited risk before going wide to mass market.
                        I'd think the success of convention-only figs wouldn't give you much useful info about how it would do in the mass market. Apples and oranges, I'd say. A completely different audience. In fact, I'd venture that trying to appeal mainly to the kinds of collectors that will happily gobble up all manner of obscure, expensive figs at conventions is part of why previous lines failed at mass market. Expensive, huge, super detailed figs, many of them of characters most people had never heard of, doesn't seem like the way to appeal to the mass market. Smaller, cheaper figs are a step in the right direction for mass market appeal, IMHO, especially if you make sure you hit a lot of the more popular characters, but "testing" it at conventions will only tell you what convention goers will buy, not the mass market, IMHO.
                        Mister Ed
                        Horse of a Different Color
                        Last edited by Mister Ed; 07-13-2012, 03:39 AM.

Comment

What they should do is show these figures to the Mattel engineers and say "This is how you put joints in a action figure smaller than 6 inches.. See now wasn't that easy... *Pats engineer's head and gives him a cookie*" .... Mattel might be able to produce a line that won't fail at launch because people see the Hasbro stuff which is cheaper and more articulated.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

A Report from a DCC panel:
                            New 3 3/4″ Line
                            -Kyle Rayner & Kilowog (SDCC Exclusive)
                            John Stewart & Atrocitus (NYCC Exclusive)

-Debate on whether to make the playset (they are still looking about what pricing will be)

-For now, the SDCC & NYCC sets are the only ones made for release, but if SDCC set sells out this weekend (and the NYCC set at that show), then DCC will move forward with the line, including all the Green Lantern prototypes on display (Hal, Atrocitus, Saint Walker, Bleeze, etc).
                            LaTeR

Comment

I am loving these. I hope to get the sdcc 2-pack. I'd love to go to nycc but im going to bmore cc n my wife will kill me. Lol. I'm a huge 3-3/4" fan. I dropped marvel universe due to so many reprints and no playset to use as a base for a good display. I really hope this line does well and stays unique. Imho the 2nd 2-pack should be bleez and atrocitus to build more hype.

Comment

Working...
                              X