Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
    I'm sorry, Tazer, but I can't hear your desperate denial over the gorgeous sound and design of my Resident Evil remake.
    that wasn't a denial; I was chuckling over yur reply....

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by buffalorock View Post
      I don't own a Switch(yet) but am very glad to see Nintendo successful again. Without them in the picture, I don't see Sony and Microsoft trying to innovate other than more power and more set-top functions.
      honestly, Id say Nintendos last big innovation to the industry was the Wii; and as innovations go it apparently didn't last long since they themselves didn't continue the control scheme in the 2 console offerings which came afterward.

IMNSHO, their BEST innovation was/is the potable market, and the Switch reflect that.
      :/

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
        Yo.

[COLOR="Yellow"]honestly, Id say Nintendos last big innovation to the industry was the Wii; and as innovations go it apparently didn't last long since they themselves didn't continue the control scheme in the 2 console offerings which came afterward.
        That's not entirely true. You can use the Wii remote and nunchuk with the Wii U. It's pretty handy for Mario Party 10.

I really wish Nintendo had continued onward and upward with motion tech and the like. For the first time in forever, with the Wii it felt like Nintendo was finally remembering how to be a leader again.

Comment

• So apparently I can't sign into Bungie's site because Sony won't authorize my access through the API, even though I used to sign in ages ago but whatever was done behind the scenes has changed everything because now my access is denied "on this server." I have no fucking idea what's going on.

I was going to use the official Destiny Companion App from Bungie to address any issues with clans (specifically checking out ones that send me invites and seeing if I want to join one group over another) and whatnot, but then I tried on my laptop, which, much to my shock and irritation, won't let me sign in. Guess I have to try the app and perhaps the site on my phone, see if those work.

If not, I may very well be SOL.
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• I'm able to log into the Companion App, so I can access clans and other materials for more involved activities.

Last night my dad told me he had obtained all 12 Hunter masks in Division 2. I haven't been keeping up with that, so I decided to do some catching up. Just earned the last six, got the final Ivory Keys, and unlocked the special chest.

I needed the Specter, Demon, Phantom, Cross, Diamond, and Death masks. Demon mask was easy because all I really needed to do was make sure to clear Tidal Basin for the week before trying, but he can be summoned during the daytime. Specter required me to wait until night to shoot out windows in a specific order, but otherwise he went down easily as well.

The last four got the special treatment. It was a raging thunderstorm (in-game) and I was hesitant to engage them then due to possible visibility issues, but I went ahead to their area. Luck was with me and there was a civilian squad gathering resources right there, so I flipped the switch and ran circles.

Chaos erupted! Three Hunters spawn in and the civs engage them, barely managing to distract the nasty bastards while my trusty grenade launcher took them down. I noticed there was a fourth enemy, the elusive Phantom Hunter, and I couldn't get a clean line of sight for my GL so I winged it and mowed him down with my light machine gun.

I actually don't think any of the civs died, which is stunning because Hunters are absolute killing machines.

Well, that's one big endgame challenge crossed off the list.

Almost forgot, actually went ahead and joined a Div2 clan again, mostly so I can grab decent gear periodically. They actually have a good name, too, taking inspiration from the Last Man Battalion (the clan is called LM Battalion).
            Agent Purple
            The Illustrated Man
            Last edited by Agent Purple; 10-06-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• JMM: Decap Attack

One of my all-time favorite games, and a childhood Genesis favorite. Could never beat it because some parts were tricky, but I still love it and hope to see the guys or just Mike get through it some day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                + YouTube Video
                ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

One of my all-time favorite games, and a childhood Genesis favorite. Could never beat it because some parts were tricky, but I still love it and hope to see the guys or just Mike get through it some day.
                I hadn't heard of or even seen it before watching that vid earlier today. Looks like fun.

Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 10-08-2019, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• Yo.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/fortnit...cocaine-canada

'Fortnite' company may face class-action lawsuit over claims game as addictive as cocaine

Tazer

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    I hadn't heard of or even seen it before watching that vid earlier today. Looks like fun.
                    If you can, play it. Incredibly fun and quirky title.

Comment

• So I think I'll knuckle up pretty soon and get Shadowkeep so that I can play Season of the Undying in Destiny 2, since I find the "Undying" seal to be fairly appealing. Hopefully the grind isn't especially tedious, and hopefully people won't judge my punk ass for skipping Forsaken so that I can get a limited-time reward I like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                        So I think I'll knuckle up pretty soon and get Shadowkeep so that I can play Season of the Undying in Destiny 2, since I find the "Undying" seal to be fairly appealing. Hopefully the grind isn't especially tedious, and hopefully people won't judge my punk ass for skipping Forsaken so that I can get a limited-time reward I like.
                        I really want to play Shadowkeep, but have been laid up in a hospital for the past few weeks. I watched some vids, and a lot of the stuff looks cool, and apparently they brought a bunch of D1 multiplayer maps back, so I'm super excited to play it... just gotta focus on physical therapy a while longer to get to it. Hopefully the Season of Undying lasts a few months so I can get some of the stuff from it.
                        Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• It ends in ~59 days, there's an in-game clock you can check.

Comment

• So I'm reading through the Div2 title update 6 patch notes and I am really looking forward to the quality-of-life changes, but while reading all the adjustments to gear and weapon talents, I was rather surprised.

A lot of the changes have riled up a good portion of the community, but reading the adjustments and new functionality of some of these talents, I have to actually admit I'm interested to see a lot of these hybrid builds in action, because a lot of those talents were indeed a little weak (particularly if you weren't stacking attributes to bolster them) individually, or just outright bad (I honestly couldn't have used the old version of Dialed In unless you paid me a king's ransom, it was so situational).

Oh yes, I will really miss my cluster seeker build which has Destructive stacked on it like all hell, but once TU6 is loaded into my PS4 then I'll just have to rearrange and test some new setups out, but I suppose once I get some more explosive damage attributes and gear mods, things will even out.

I'm also really looking forward to getting my hands on most of the Aces & Eights set, even though I'll have to do the Dark Hours raid for the chest and backpack. The brand sets getting items in every gear slot is also great news, because that means I can finally have more China Light gear (I love that set, just looks so sleek).

Division 2 aside, I've made small advancements to a handful of quests in Destiny 2, particularly me getting into the last 10 double-kills stretch for that step of Redrix's Broadsword. Aside from that, I haven't accomplished much of note.

Comment

• It took forever to download, around 2 hours, but TU6 is now installed. For the most part I'm liking it, but there are some changes I either haven't had time to test out or don't really like (for the latter, I don't like how the recalibration station accesses ALL your gear and not just what's on your character).

I'm going to need to shift my gear and re-save my loadouts this weekend so that everything is kosher.

Also, YouTube gave all of dunkey's subscribers to Will Smith.

Comment

• https://www.pcgamesn.com/capcom-franchises

REJOICE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X