Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts about Darkseid and Apokolips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts about Darkseid and Apokolips?

Are they worthy of their high statues in the DCU?

It's good to have cosmic-level baddies and someone who is actually a serious threat to Superman without Kryptonite, magic, or some tool.

Comment

Since Darkseid is a high-grade character, I'll use a high-grade language to judge him. Specifically I will be using proper English, like they speak in England.

He's a total cunt.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Overpowered boring bad guy who has to be defeat through Deus Ex Machina ideas.

Comment

Does anyone have a good grasp of what Darkseid's powers are? I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Foghorn Lantern View Post
            Does anyone have a good grasp of what Darkseid's powers are? I don't.
            His physical powers don't seem go much beyond super strength, invulnerability, and the Omega beams, but he's more powerful than that alone suggests due to being a nearly eternal New God, ruling a planet of loyal subjects or slaves (many with additional powers), and having access to mother boxes and other New God tech, and sometimes mastering the anti-life equation.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              His physical powers don't seem go much beyond super strength, invulnerability, and the Omega beams, but he's more powerful than that alone suggests due to being a nearly eternal New God, ruling a planet of loyal subjects or slaves (many with additional powers), and having access to mother boxes and other New God tech, and sometimes mastering the anti-life equation.
              So if you took away the New Gods tech and the "invulnerability," it would be the Omega beams and super strength?

OK.

Comment

The Omega Beams are basically God Mode themselves. They annihilate virtually anything they hit and can track you in any direction for miles and miles.

Makes Batman look weak.
                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                  The Omega Beams are basically God Mode themselves. They annihilate virtually anything they hit and can track you in any direction for miles and miles.

Makes Batman look weak.
                  Every character with powers makes Batman look weak, if the writer is being realistic about it. But anyway limiting Darkseid to that would tend to make him rather more writable.

Comment

I think Darkseid was a bad ass, but they have weakened him over the past few years. Probably since Doomsday supposedly kicked his ass have I had doubts about him. Also, his father Yuga Khan had him pooping in the pants, so I have my questions.

Comment

Working...
                    X