X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the story is aces!
    1 Riot, 1 Ringslinger

Comment

Fantastic story. I need to reread soon, and post reviews on my blog.
      The last fan of 1990s comics
      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

It was a great story. It began and ended very strongly.

Comment

Yeah that story is a GREAT read Marz can write a pretty good Hal and Parallax.
          http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
          http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
          Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
          I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

Great story, and it was, at the time, extra exciting because it seemed to be setting up a return of the GLC, with Kyle getting a ring that could duplicate. But they wasted no time squandering THAT potential with the, IMHO, embarassing The New Corps mini, then immediately LOSING the old ring.

Comment

They didn't lose the old ring forever. It was soon given to Jade and then to Jhon.

Comment

The very first Green Lantern issue I ever read was from this storyline. My Dad bought the issue of Kyle and Hal fighting Parallax at a gas station on a trip one time. I read that book over and over and over as a kid. I was lucky enough to get the trade of it about a year ago.

Needless to say, this is my favorite Green Lantern story mostly because I have such an emotional connection with it.

Comment

Great story.. the epilogue was sad and make you understand (Hal) Parallax's intentions
                  I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    Great story, and it was, at the time, extra exciting because it seemed to be setting up a return of the GLC, with Kyle getting a ring that could duplicate. But they wasted no time squandering THAT potential with the, IMHO, embarassing The New Corps mini, then immediately LOSING the old ring.
                    I actually kinda liked The New Corps, the group was diverse (kinda like GotG) and the main villain was just GREAT! I wish that could have been fleshed out a little bit more.
                    http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
                    http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
                    Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
                    I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
                      They didn't lose the old ring forever. It was soon given to Jade and then to Jhon.
                      True. But they destroyed the set-up just the same. That ring had zero to do with restarting the Corps.

Comment

Originally posted by Gl Josh View Post
                        I actually kinda liked The New Corps, the group was diverse (kinda like GotG) and the main villain was just GREAT! I wish that could have been fleshed out a little bit more.
                        Don't get me wrong, I liked some of the characters, but the storyline made Kyle look like an idiot, which I thought was uncalled for. I mean he intervenes in a war, takes one side without checking the other side's story even AFTER the battle was over, and hands a ring over to an evil despot based SOLELY on the guy's say so that he's a good guy. Then later he starts handing out rings like candy to whoever happens to be nearby practically. Sure his later "picks" turned out a lot better, but not because of any greater care taken by Kyle, but sheerly by dumb luck.

Then to top it off, he ditches the whole idea as impossible, not learning the lesson that he was stupid to hand the rings out so haphazardly.

(I mean, wouldn't the first thing you'd do be to pass them out to former GLs? Surely John could have given him a lead on some of those?)

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          True. But they destroyed the set-up just the same. That ring had zero to do with restarting the Corps.
                          It's a Red Herring. It was never intended to restart the Corps. At least at that point. It seemed to me to say "THIS is why we have Guardians".

I liked how Kyle made some rookie mistakes. It did make him look like an idiot. And, well, that's because he was supposed to be a bit of a fool at the time. Wide-eyes and optimistic. Circle of Fire is when he finally grew up.

What i don't like is that NONE of the New Corps has shown up to be GLs in Vol 4. So ... none of them had the chops to be real Lanterns? Kinda weak.

Although, now that I think on it, that ring presents a problem. Without the CPB, how does it function? Where's it drawing it's power? Through Kyle's battery? Does that make Kyle's battery the CPB of his run?

That's actually something I'd like to ask Ron Marz. Where did Jhon (and Megaan) get a battery? Where did that battery get power? And, if it's from Kyle's, how does that work and how powerfull was Kyle's battery supposed to be?

Comment

Kyle's battery got its power direct from The Source. They explained that in Genesis, I believe.
                            The last fan of 1990s comics
                            Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Genesis explained that EVERYTHING got it's power from The Source.

I know Kyle's battery had power because it was made from a peice of Oa itself. But it's never said anywhere that it actually could sustain all GL rings everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
                                I liked how Kyle made some rookie mistakes. It did make him look like an idiot. And, well, that's because he was supposed to be a bit of a fool at the time. Wide-eyes and optimistic. Circle of Fire is when he finally grew up.
                                I don't think he was supposed to be THAT much of a rookie at that point. We were over 50 issues into his run at that point. I recall thinking, as I was reading it for the first time, "What the heck happened to your brain, Kyle?"

I really got the feeling at the time that the setup at the end of Emerald Knights WAS supposed to be the beginning of a rebuilding of the Corps, but that they got cold feet, and squashed it immediately, making Kyle look uncharacteristically dumb in the process...

Comment

Working...
                                X