NO JSA!! WTF??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
    And who would you choose to keep on the team?

Alan
    Mr. Terrific
    Power Girl
    Stargirl
    Tomcat
    Judomaster
    Atom Smasher

who else?

Hawkman
    Green Lantern
    The Flash
    Atom Smasher
    Hourman II
    Liberty Belle II
    Stargirl
    Mr Terrific II
    Dr Mid-Nite III

That's nine right there that would make an ideal JSA. Carter, Alan and Jay are the "trinity" of the Justice Society and should ALWAYS be there. I'd make Hawkman the chairman. I'd use Mid-Nite as the team doctor and keep him off of the field for the most part.

For others that I might bring into the group as others left, I'd like to use:

Jakeem Thunder
    Sand

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
      Hawkman
      Green Lantern
      The Flash
      Atom Smasher
      Hourman II
      Liberty Belle II
      Stargirl
      Mr Terrific II
      Dr Mid-Nite III

That's nine right there that would make an ideal JSA. Carter, Alan and Jay are the "trinity" of the Justice Society and should ALWAYS be there. I'd make Hawkman the chairman. I'd use Mid-Nite as the team doctor and keep him off of the field for the most part.

For others that I might bring into the group as others left, I'd like to use:

Jakeem Thunder
      Sand
      No Wildcat?

Comment

Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
        No Wildcat?
        Nah. His status with the JSA has always been inflated. There's nothing he can do that anybody on the team can't. His claim to fame is that he's supposed to be a nostalgic draw like the Red Tomato. But what most people don't realize is that Wildcat was only IN two issues of All-Star Comics. I'd be fine with phasing him out of the group and give room for the big boys to play. I'd keep him around as a supporting character with Rex Tyler. Treated with respect, but not seeing action anymore. Both guys are approaching 100 years old right now.

Alan Jay and Carter all need to stay though.

Comment

Nah. His status with the JSA has always been inflated. There's nothing he can do that anybody on the team can't. His claim to fame is that he's supposed to be a nostalgic draw like the Red Tomato. But what most people don't realize is that Wildcat was only IN two issues of All-Star Comics. I'd be fine with phasing him out of the group and give room for the big boys to play. I'd keep him around as a supporting character with Rex Tyler. Treated with respect, but not seeing action anymore. Both guys are approaching 100 years old right now.

Alan Jay and Carter all need to stay though.
          Granted I haven't read much JSA having only read the Goyer/Johns stuff and things that came out afterwards but I associate Ted with the JSA more than Carter.

Comment

I just did a blog post on why did Mr. Terrific get a series shot outside of others.

Comment

Granted I haven't read much JSA having only read the Goyer/Johns stuff and things that came out afterwards but I associate Ted with the JSA more than Carter.
              That's this weird thing DC does from time to time; they have a group and they depict a member as having always been around. Take Martian Manhunter and the JLA for example. In the 90s DC was on this kick about J'Onn being the "heart and soul" of the League, and flashbacks started to show him having always been around. When in reality he was gone from the book for like a hundred or so issues. A HUGE chunk of time when he was gone.

In JSA history, some members were barely there. Hourman only for the first 8 issues. Wildcat only 2. Mr Terrific was only 1. The members that appeared the MOST in the JSA's original 55 issue run of All-Star Comics were the Atom, Dr Mid-Nite, and Hawkman, who has the distinction of not only being the ONLY member to appear in ALL 55 issues of the 10 year run of the series, but also has spent more time than any other character as the team's Chairman. It wasn't until Crisis On Infinite Earths and the 90s series that Mike Parobeck did the art for that Wildcat was given more prominent status. At least in the past. Hell, Hawkgirl was never even a member until the Johns/Goyer series and a lot of people don't know that. And some people STILL think Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle were golden age members, even though they NEVER joined the team.

Hawkman GL and the Flash are to the JSA what Superman, Batman and WW are to the JLA. Or Cap, Iron Man, and Thor to the Avengers. If I wrote the book all three would be the central characters again.
              Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
              Moisture Farmer
              Last edited by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker; 07-10-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

So..
                No JSA..No Wally West!!
                who's next???
                no Steel no JSA All-Stars, no HALF OF THE HEROES we knew???

Thanks Geoff!!
                Thanks DCnU!!!

S.
                A.
                R.
                C.
                A.
                S.
                M.

Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

Originally posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
                  So..
                  No JSA..No Wally West!!
                  who's next???
                  no Steel no JSA All-Stars, no HALF OF THE HEROES we knew???

Thanks Geoff!!
                  Thanks DCnU!!!

S.
                  A.
                  R.
                  C.
                  A.
                  S.
                  M.

Steel has been confirmed for at least the first four issues of Action Comics. And if you're actually going to miss JSA All-Stars...well I've never actually run into this situation so I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Maybe a futur "JSA : Justice Stormwatch or América"

Comment

Originally posted by Slobo View Post
                      Maybe a futur "JSA : Justice Stormwatch or América"
                      You keep talkin' like a bitch, and I'm gonna slap you like a bitch!

Comment

JSA is for old people anyways.

Comment

Young people these days, you whippersnappers have no respect!

Comment

Young people these days, you whippersnappers have no respect!
                            What are your thoughts on the rumored Robinson/Scott JSA series?

Comment

OK.. don't call it JSA.... call it Old Guard or something.. but some of those characters should NOT go unnoticed!!

Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

What are your thoughts on the rumored Robinson/Scott JSA series?
                                I'm of the opinion that the JSA needs to sit this one out. The concept of the team will probably get revamped so much to fit into the DCnU timeline that it won't be worth the trouble.

As for Robinson, his best days are behind him. The Golden Age and Starman were great, but his writing isn't that good anymore. Cry For Justice was a trainwreck. And his recent JLA run was unreadable to me.

I'd rather the JSA just go into hibernation for 3 to 5 years then get put through the wringer. I have no reason to believe that what DC does with them won't be worse than the last horrible few years readers have had to sit through.

Comment

Working...
                                X