Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite version of Guy Gardner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite version of Guy Gardner?

Of all the major incarnations.

Classic GL Guy Gardner
    22.22%
    Guy Gardner with Sinestro's ring
    22.22%
    Warrior Guy (Vuldarian powers)
    55.56%
    Red Lantern Guy
    0.00%
    Hybrid RL and GL Guy
    0.00%

When I was getting into Guy I pretty much hated him as much as I was supposed to. I suppose retrospectively, he's the guy you love to hate, but I think my favorite version is when he had the Vuldarian powers and mentored Kyle while running the bar.

Comment

I picked classic Guy, but I really prefer how.he has been depicted since Rebirth; classic costume but with normal hair and not acting like a cartoon asshat

Comment

I don't care as long as Beau Smith writes him.

Comment

I hated the whole Vuldarian concept, even though the character got some good development during those years.

My fondest memories were of him with Sinestro's ring. It was really kind of a perfect setup, IMHO. Guy trying to be a hero, but on his own terms, yet still tied to the GL Corps because he needs THEM to charge his ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            I hated the whole Vuldarian concept, even though the character got some good development during those years. . .
            Despite what I posted below, this is me too. I have I think one issue of Warrior in my collection and I never really cared about his adventures, but I liked that during that period he matured and became like a mentor as far as his function in late GL vol. 3.

Comment

After Guy's 'winner take all' showdown with Hal, my favorite version was actually during his time with sinestro's ring, but I enjoyed the whole Vuldarian phase too. I hope we get a live action version of GG soon.

UPDATE: 11/20/2019 - After rereading some back issues, here's my current top three versions of Guy Gardner

1. Vuldarian Guy (Warrior) was a badass!
              2. Sinestro ring Guy made *ahem* friends with Lobo, so ...
              3. Present matured GL Guy reminds me of Bruce Willis, so ...
              Bob Sachs
              Voice of Guy Gardner
              Last edited by Bob Sachs; 11-20-2019, 06:17 AM.

Comment

It would be my version, but it looks now like I'll be too busy to write it.

Personality-wise, Gerard Jones and Beau Smith wrote the best versions that have actually been written.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                  I picked classic Guy, but I really prefer how.he has been depicted since Rebirth; classic costume but with normal hair and not acting like a cartoon asshat
                  I was going to say something similar. He's still edgy and antagonistic at times, but he's more of a team player.
                  Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Just classic Guy Gardner for me, thanks. I'd take a bit of a pass on the bowl cut however.
                    Tell me you hate your boyfriend and love me.

INVISIBLE SKY DADDY TO THE RESCUE!!!

You don't have to be stupid to believe in God. But it helps.

You can tell a Yorkshireman....but you can't tell him much.

Comment

What is your favorite version of Guy Gardner?

Doing my Bobby best to represent the red. This photo was taken earlier today at the Hot Springs Renaissance Faire.

There will never be another one punch visit to JLA ER after a sucker punch from the Dork Knight btw

Comment

Originally posted by bOB spelled backwards View Post
                        Doing my Bobby best to represent the red. This photo was taken earlier today at the Hot Springs Renaissance Faire.

There will never be another one punch visit to JLA ER after a sucker punch from the Dork Knight btw
                        You'd take Red over Vuldarian Warrior?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                          You'd take Red over Vuldarian Warrior?
                          That's a great question to ponder. Hm. Actually, Vuldarian Warrior wins though. My favorite red is actually Dex Starr.

The poll actually missed Blue Lantern Guy though.
                          Bob Sachs
                          Voice of Guy Gardner
                          Last edited by Bob Sachs; 11-16-2019, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bOB spelled backwards View Post
                            That's a great question to ponder. Hm. Actually, Vuldarian Warrior wins though. My favorite red is actually Dex Starr...
                            Dex-Starr is in Justice League Odyssey right now (last couple issues) along with Jessica. Can't exactly recommend it, though. It's got fun bits, but is one of those annoyingly big, we're-all-doomed story-arcs.

Comment

DC Universe only has issues 1&2 uploaded, so I haven't seen Dex Starr yet. I'm keeping my eyes open though. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X