Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infinite Frontier #0 (Alan Scott is gay again?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinite Frontier #0 (Alan Scott is gay again?)

Ugh... c'mon, folks. This isn't "bold" or "brave," this is just dumb.

https://www.gamesradar.com/green-lan...er-0-spoilers/

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
    Ugh... c'mon, folks. This isn't "bold" or "brave," this is just dumb.

https://www.gamesradar.com/green-lan...er-0-spoilers/
    Yeah, I seem to remember calling this.

EDIT: Yup. http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ott#post972812

Despite years of evidence to the contrary, including internal dialogue that the reader was privy to, Alan Scott was now really just a closeted gay man all along.
    Mister Ed
    Horse of a Different Color
    Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-02-2021, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah, so stupid. Now, DC will act like Alan just is the gay lantern and always has been and if you disagree you're bigot.

Comment

Probably this is to better suit their Green Lantern TV show. You know, now they can go, "But Alan is gay in the comics too!" and not just be talking about the New52.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          Probably this is to better suit their Green Lantern TV show. You know, now they can go, "But Alan is gay in the comics too!" and not just be talking about the New52.
          Precisely. That is why I predicted this would happen.

Comment

It's like when WB were first talking about the new show and some interviews went, "And it's honoring the comics, where Alan is a gay man" and people went, "psssst... he's not a gay man. He was only a gay man in those cancelled Earth 2 books from way back that nobody liked." So they go, "Oh. Well we better fix that! Get DC on the phone."

Comment

omg what a load of bullsh!t

they can't come up with anything new that people will love so they take what everyone knows and love and f@ck that up hoping people will still support them IT DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK OUT PEOPLE

but hey more power to'em if they think this will work, i on the other-hand will take my money elsewhere til this sh!tshow gets reworked AGAIN

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

It is never going to get reworked again.

Taking a straight character and making them retroactively gay is fine, but taking a gay character and making them straight? Even if they were only gay for a short time due to a poorly considered retcon?

That would be seen as equivalent to punching every gay person in the world right in the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  It is never going to get reworked again.

Taking a straight character and making them retroactively gay is fine, but taking a gay character and making them straight? Even if they were only gay for a short time due to a poorly considered retcon?

That would be seen as equivalent to punching every gay person in the world right in the nose.
                  well they can always never bring it up again wait 10 years or so and say it never happened ya know like all their reboots of the past have been

IonFan says

Comment

I think I just won't bother with JS. I had thought to be a GL completist (since at least Flashpoint), but I'll make a head canon between GLC and magic-based GL since I actually had missed the Earth 2 years ago weekly anyway. I'm not going to read this stupid stuff just for completion's sake.

Comment

Yeah, I had long ago decided against getting stuff that was JUST Alan Scott, vs. stuff where he appeared with other Green Lanterns. I read the Golden Age Archives, and I just...didn't enjoy them. So after skipping those, it was easy to decide I didn't care unless there was another GL involved (though that said, I HAVE enjoyed a lot of the Alan Scott stuff where there WAS another GL involved).

Comment

Did anybody miss in Infinite Frontier #0 that Alan Scott's son, Todd Rice/Obsidian was already homosexual in the first place after Infinity Inc? So now we have a father-son gay team for HBO.

At last Jade didn't have any major changes.

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
                          At last Jade didn't have any major changes.
                          well she's still a cheating b!tch so...........................

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                            well she's still a cheating b!tch so...........................
                            I doubt it is even still certain that she ever dated Kyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                              I doubt it is even still certain that she ever dated Kyle.
                              all the reboots in the world will never change the fact that she cheated, she's a cheater and that she will always be a cheater

IonFan says

Comment

Working...
                              X