Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

The Steam community's approach to the Creation Club
Old 09-11-2017, 09:58 PM   #3327
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Metroid 3DS this Friday!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:57 AM   #3328
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Old 09-15-2017, 11:54 PM   #3329
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Hilarious, spectacular EVE betrayal destroys player group, costs trillions

For them, same shit, different day.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:34 AM   #3330
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Enjoying the heck out of Metroid! Getting the timing down to use the melee counter takes some getting used to.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:42 AM   #3331
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Finally got around to doing a Raider build for Fallout 4, going with Charisma, Intelligence, chems, and rifles/automatics. Gave my girl a bunch of facial scars, a better haircut and face paint so that she looks the part.

Also installed some more mods so that I can transfer Legendary traits between weapons and armor, change armor style (light, med, heavy), and and ballistic weave to any clothes (because the vanilla options for weaving are very limited); going to love running around with armored road leathers.

Thanks to my high Charisma and boosts from clothes, I managed to hoard enough caps and haggle the price down for Overseer's Guardian, a Legendary combat rifle that spits .45-cal rounds at a two-for-one price (second shot does base damage only, sadly). It's helped me slaughter plenty. I also am loving using a Ripper (handheld chainsaw) to shred through enemies while using Jet for slow-mo murder sprees.

But then I decided to just go ahead and install Destiny 2 and get things rolling on it. Playing right now.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:53 PM   #3332
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Hit level 20 in Destiny 2, and got my first Legendary weapon, the Bad News hand cannon. While I really want the "Faction Rally" FWC pulse rifle, I doubt I'll be able to grab it before reset unless I play my ass off.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:05 AM   #3333
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

NASCAR 2003, a masterpiece of gaming design
Old 10-03-2017, 12:02 AM   #3334
Space Cop
The Dandy

So, I messed up my PS3. I was having trouble playing a couple BDs and it only seemed to be a problem on the PS3 (my primary BD player) so I read some stuff about how to fix it online. One was to restore to defaults, but I think I picked the wrong option. There was a warning, but I thought the reminder to deactivate the game account meant my game data would be backed up. It wasn't. So, I have no Playstation save files left and any DLC will have to be re-downloaded. It's not quite as bad as it sounds because I have more XBox 360 games than PS3, but it's annoying that I've lost the unlocked stuff in Arkham City and MK 9.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #3335
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
So, I messed up my PS3. I was having trouble playing a couple BDs and it only seemed to be a problem on the PS3 (my primary BD player) so I read some stuff about how to fix it online. One was to restore to defaults, but I think I picked the wrong option. There was a warning, but I thought the reminder to deactivate the game account meant my game data would be backed up. It wasn't. So, I have no Playstation save files left and any DLC will have to be re-downloaded. It's not quite as bad as it sounds because I have more XBox 360 games than PS3, but it's annoying that I've lost the unlocked stuff in Arkham City and MK 9.
Are you a PS Plus member? If so, your saves may be in the cloud.
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 PM   #3336
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I only tried Plus for the free month. I saw that when I went to re-link the account. I'm guessing part of why the de-activation warning was worded that way was because had I been using Plus' cloud memory I could have restored and still saved everything.

The good thing is that all my downloads are available, so it's only achievements I'm missing.* Even though I got a PS3 and XBox 360, the latter was my favorite. I only have five games on PS3 and of those only the two I mentioned had anything significant saved.

*Ironically, my trophies are also saved (linked to my standard PSN account) so I have a trophy for 100% completion on Arkham City, but when I load the game it says 0% progress.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:27 AM   #3337
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

AVGN: Wrestling games

Hulk Hogan is now "Somebody's Grampa"!
Old 10-05-2017, 04:22 AM   #3338
Space Cop
The Dandy

Love when he clotheslines the WCW cartridge.

I disagree, though, that the LJN WWF figures sucked. Sure, they had no articulation, so the later Hasbro figures were better, but they had detailed paint jobs and were durable as all get-out, making them decent by 80s toys standards. I didn't collect wrestling toys until the 90s, but I remember being jealous of my friends that had those early figures.

Last edited by Space Cop; 10-05-2017 at 04:28 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #3339
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
*Ironically, my trophies are also saved (linked to my standard PSN account) so I have a trophy for 100% completion on Arkham City, but when I load the game it says 0% progress.
Just a thought, but did you at any point restore your licenses? I dunno if that would affect anything or if it would even be needed in the slightest, I'm just spitballing an idea to get things back in order for you, because I know that would annoy the hell out of me.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #3340
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Just a thought, but did you at any point restore your licenses? I dunno if that would affect anything or if it would even be needed in the slightest, I'm just spitballing an idea to get things back in order for you, because I know that would annoy the hell out of me.
What licenses? I'm pretty sure this is unfixable; like wiping a computer file. But it's really my own fault.

Actually, looking at it, I think Arkham City will be the only problem. Most of the MK9 stuff was downloaded and I just re-downloaded them. But to even open the Riddler Challenges in AC, you have to complete certain numbers of his trophies and IIRC a lot of them were a pain in the butt.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:02 PM   #3341
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...s/license.html

I have no idea if that will be helpful or is even relevant, as I said earlier. If not, just ignore, since I'm a layman.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #3342
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Nazi-killing video game "Wolfenstein II" angers Nazis with "Make America Nazi-free Again" slogan

I'm quoting The Blues Brothers when I say, "I hate Nazis." Fuck those ass-clowns and their crybaby bullshit.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:36 PM   #3343
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Nazi-killing video game "Wolfenstein II" angers Nazis with "Make America Nazi-free Again" slogan

I'm quoting The Blues Brothers when I say, "I hate Nazis." Fuck those ass-clowns and their crybaby bullshit.
Ha. Well, those were Illinois Nazis.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #3344
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Sexual harassment allegations emerge from Naughty Dog studios

My dad ain't gonna like this news. He's a major TLOU fan and likes the studio in general.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:49 PM   #3345
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Old 10-26-2017, 02:45 PM   #3346
buffalorock
Corpse Trainee

Haha, I've actually been wrapping up my Platinum trophy for Skyrim (PS3).

I have a few more Daedric quests to complete, break out of jail, and rack up a large bounty in all of the Holds.

Very close to the Borderlands 2 (PS3/Vita) Platinum as well, I only need to get the two bronze trophies for using the Gunzerker's and Assassin's special abilities a certain way.
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:33 PM   #3347
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I haven't touched either Skyrim or Oblivion. Really need to. Hell, I never got very far in Morrowind (fucking Balmora Temple quest was bugged and I couldn't progress, so I ended up playing other things and moving on).

Waiting for my order of Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition to arrive. Was debating whether to actually get it or not, especially after seeing a bunch of FudgeMuppet's videos on YouTube, in particular the Great Khans Exile build, and decided to just bite the bullet and get the thing.

Also need to get around to playing Borderlands 2 myself.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:55 PM   #3348
buffalorock
Corpse Trainee

I absolutely loved Morrowind. I picked up the GOTY edition for PC many years ago on a whim, having never played the series. I still think it is better than Skyrim. Skyrim is great but it is a little dumbed down from Morrowind in my opinion (or more streamlined).

I skipped Oblivion to play Fallout 3 (got the platinum in that one) and decided it would be too much of a time sink to play it now.

Fallout: New Vegas was great, and in some ways better than F3.
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:33 PM   #3349
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

This guy's damn awesome Daedric armor costume

And my New Vegas copy arrived today. Thankfully the disc wasn't damaged from sliding around inside after popping loose. Gonna have to fire up my PS3 this weekend.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:49 AM   #3350
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Started up New Vegas earlier before I headed to my dad's, just to get past the tutorial, really. Gonna make a Great Khan character as per FudgeMuppet.

When I was about to leave my dad's after watching Dr. Strange, he talked me into watching him play a match of Fortnite: Battle Royale. He's done fairly well a lot, making the top 20 and better a few times. As I watched, he managed to get incredibly lucky with some early shotgun kills and loot discoveries, and then proceeded to wait things out by hiding in bushes and letting other players kill each other.

Storm eye shrinking worked in his favor since he got a good landing zone, so he hardly had to move far, and more lucky kills and loot, and then it was suddenly him and two other players. One of whom had a missile launcher.

But my dad had the best rifle in the game, the gold SCAR, and his shots and the shrinking storm eye forced the missile player to abandon his mega-base on the hill and charge my dad. Lucky rocket dodges and suddenly Dad was victorious.

508 matches, and 1 win to show for it. Worth it.

(And he's in his mid-60s, so this isn't exactly easy for him, either!)