The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 03-30-2017, 07:18 AM   #1
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Default What if GL Appeared in Supergirl?

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Everybody that's been waiting and hoping for Hal/GL to appear in one of his best friends' shows might as well stop getting your hopes up.

http://screenrant.com/arrow-flash-le...nes-supergirl/

I'm surprised nobody has connected the dots in another thread, but Supergirl will be the only show/Earth that uses aliens. They've already used Martian Manhunter, Mon-El, and white Martians... so how long before we see a Lantern? Thing is though, with Supergirl... would they try and push the female Lantern? Would we get something of a Superman TAS approach where Cruz get's Abin's ring rather than Hal? Maybe Tomar Re could crashland on Earth while searching sector 2814 for Abin?

Unless a Crisis happens and the Earth's merge, Supergirl is the only show GL CAN show up on.

~//V\\~

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
-//V\\- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:59 PM   #2
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Wait, is the thread title just a troll? I see nothing here indicating that GL actually WILL show up on Supergirl.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #3
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

I wouldn't say it's a troll more than just click bait LOL. The facts are accurate though, aliens won't show up in Arrow or Flash so that means the only place a GL can appear is Supergirl. I'm just wondering how low ratings would have to drop for them to pull out using a big gun like GL to get viewers back.

~//V\\~

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
Old 03-30-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
Space Cop
The Dandy

I'm happy for GL never to appear in any of those shows so I don't have to watch them.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:00 PM   #5
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I can't believe you made me read all this.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I'm happy for GL never to appear in any of those shows so I don't have to watch them.
Agreed. 100%
Old 03-30-2017, 06:15 PM   #7
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I feel like I got conned.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:41 PM   #8
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
I feel like I got conned.
I'm just trying to get more people on the forums LOL. Not as many views as I was hoping for in a day....

Did you see the big reveal w/Adrian Chase and Vigilante on Arrow, Dave?

~//V\\~

Old 03-31-2017, 04:54 AM   #9
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

No, just the episode where Vigilante debuted. Was there another episode that focused on him?
Old 03-31-2017, 05:01 AM   #10
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

He's been a MAJOR character all season dude!?! Though if you want a pretty big spoiler that will likely send you in a rage....

In a rooftop brawl between season bigbad Prometheus and Vigilante... it was revealed the man using the alias Adrian Chase is actually Prometheus, NOT Vigilante. Vigilante's ID remains secret but the popular guess is it was a man who used to be called Adrian Chase who went off the grid to become Vigilante.

^^^ Highlight that of course if you want the spoiler.

EDIT: If you're still interested, V shows up in a handful of episodes.

~//V\\~

Old 03-31-2017, 05:05 AM   #11
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

That's awful!!
Old 03-31-2017, 05:16 AM   #12
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

It was cool the first one or two times they pulled a switch on us in these types of shows, but it's become too damn redundant. However, I AM super pumped to see who V really is now. Is there anybody else it could be? Greg Saunders?

It's been said they're not ending with some major cliffhanger at the end of this Arrow season and they tie up all the loose ends. With next year making the flashbacks no more, I'm hoping we finally see Amell in a goatee and not brooding so damn much.

~//V\\~

Old 03-31-2017, 02:38 PM   #13
Space Cop
The Dandy

My LCS manager is a big Vigilante fan and he's been all hyped for the Arrow appearances (maybe he's even mad at it, I don't know)--keeps forgetting I'm not one of his regulars that watches the show. Between his talk and the references I keep coming across of Vigilante (a character I barely am aware of) I decided to ordered the Wolfman trade coming out in a couple weeks.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:27 PM   #14
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

I'm more a fan of the cowboy styled one than the guys trying to be the Punisher. I know there've been a few now, but the original cowboy themed one and Adrian Chase are the only one's I'm really familiar with.

~//V\\~

Old 03-31-2017, 04:43 PM   #15
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

When is that Wolfman trade coming out? I want that.

I actually own a page of original artwork from Vigilante #1. Love that version of the character.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:52 PM   #16
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

The forums got a hundred hits in just over a day from this, why would you change the thread title?!? Every site I visit does this kinda thing on the regular!

A year from now when GL is announced to appear on an episode of Supergirl I expect the thread title to change back LOL.

~//V\\~

Old 03-31-2017, 04:56 PM   #17
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

You click baitin' bastard!
Old 03-31-2017, 05:38 PM   #18
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
I'm more a fan of the cowboy styled one than the guys trying to be the Punisher. I know there've been a few now, but the original cowboy themed one and Adrian Chase are the only one's I'm really familiar with.

~//V\\~
So, those are two different iterations of the same character? I wasn't clear on that. I know JLU picked up on the cowboy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
When is that Wolfman trade coming out? I want that.
April 19.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:27 PM   #19
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post

April 19.
Cool, thanks. I put that in my phone as a reminder. I have the issues, but I enjoy the trades for quick rereading.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #20
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
It was cool the first one or two times they pulled a switch on us in these types of shows, but it's become too damn redundant. However, I AM super pumped to see who V really is now. Is there anybody else it could be? Greg Saunders?
It's become cliche at this point (Robin in "Dark Knight Rises," Butch in "Gotham," really being SG, etc...), but I get it. Comic fandom knows everyone by their real names so it becomes almost impossible to surprise anyone when we all know what's supposed to happen to a character the second they appear and that takes away a lot of the drama. I was also disappointed in the Vigilante reveal, but I am glad that they're making him an important character, rather than a throw-away or a scrub.

As for it being Greg Saunders, they've said it's going to be a character we've seen before. (which doesn't mean that they won't pull the same trick and reveal that his "real name" is Greg Saunders, but I doubt they'd pull that trick again with Vigilante) Maybe they'll pull a Winter Soldier and reveal it's actually a brain-washed Roy...

As for Hal or any GL on "Supergirl," I wouldn't mind an appearance when she's in space and we are introduced to their existence in an impressive way, but don't really have to have a full-on team-up, because I'd be afraid their tv budget would make GL look bad.

Last edited by Kane2814; 09-19-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:04 AM   #21
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane2814 View Post
It's become cliche at this point (Robin in "Dark Knight Rises," Butch in "Gotham," really being SG, etc...), but I get it. Comic fandom knows everyone by their real names so it becomes almost impossible to surprise anyone when we all know what's supposed to happen to a character the second they appear and that takes away a lot of the drama. I was also disappointed in the Vigilante reveal, but I am glad that they're making him an important character, rather than a throw-away or a scrub.

As for it being Greg Saunders, they've said it's going to be a character we've seen before. (which doesn't mean that they won't pull the same trick and reveal that his "real name" is Greg Saunders, but I doubt they'd pull that trick again with Vigilante) Maybe they'll pull a Winter Soldier and reveal it's actually a brain-washed Roy...

As for Hal or any GL on "Supergirl," I wouldn't mind an appearance when she's in space and we are introduced to their existence in an impressive way, but don't really have to have a full-on team-up, because I'd be afraid their tv budget would make GL look bad.
You really shouldn't worry. This season's episode "Far From the Tree" was beyond anything I thought that we would see on TV in my lifetime in terms of CGI. It had multiple shape-shifting aliens, various types of alien artifacts, a transforming car-ship, multiple types of energy projection, and several otherworldly backdrops. A couple of episodes with GL wouldn't be difficult compared to that.

I'm still hoping for an adaptation of Red Daughter of Krypton. Even if it's something as simple as Atrocitus showing up and pretending to be Kara's friend so he can trick her into putting on a red ring, it would be a fitting way for a GL to enter the show and give her enough knowledge of a red lantern ring so that she could remove it.
Fear the banners and the Wildcat bite!
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:51 PM   #22
Evergreen City
Corps Den Mother

Nah. He's not going to show up in Supergirl's universe. We've now established aliens in Flash's world, they've teased that "one of our Ferris test pilots is missing", and the jacket showed up in a Coast City bar in an Arrow flashback. They'll figure it out.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.
Evergreen City is offline   Reply With Quote