Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance of an Alan Scott appearance in HJ&tGLC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way I'd look at it is, which property is the company's largest, and which character in it could be revealed as gay with the least amount of retconning?

For me, Alfred Pennyworth is the name that keeps coming up.

Comment

Screw that. Go for the gold and make Batman and Robin gay.

Comment

I wouldn't even mind a JSA title where Jade and Obsidian are on the team, and Alan is retired, but kept as a supporting character. Or have the Infinitors have aged as well, and have Jade have a son who inherits Alan's ring and Lantern as the grandson of the original GL and becomes the new Green Lantern. People forget how long the Infinity Inc characters have been around. I wouldn't mind seeing a JSA title of THEIR offspring keeping the JSA going.

Just no more Society thing with dozens of mort members. Keep the team at 8 or so active members, where it works best.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
          I wouldn't even mind a JSA title where Jade and Obsidian are on the team, and Alan is retired, but kept as a supporting character. Or have the Infinitors have aged as well, and have Jade have a son who inherits Alan's ring and Lantern as the grandson of the original GL and becomes the new Green Lantern. People forget how long the Infinity Inc characters have been around. I wouldn't mind seeing a JSA title of THEIR offspring keeping the JSA going.

Just no more Society thing with dozens of mort members. Keep the team at 8 or so active members, where it works best.
          Titans or Teen Titans might be a better place for Jade and Obsidian. One on one team, and one on the other.

Comment

No, Titans would NOT be a good place for Jade and Obsidian. They are the JSA/Infinity family. That's like putting a blue power ring on Superman. Just because you can doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

Comment

No, Titans would NOT be a good place for Jade and Obsidian. They are the JSA/Infinity family. That's like putting a blue power ring on Superman. Just because you can doesn't mean that you SHOULD.
              You've going to put two Lanterns, two rookies and three members of Alan's family on JSA? Eight members, and three of them Scotts? Who are you going to bump off the team to make room for Jenny and Todd? And what have Jenny and Todd got to do with the Golden Age JSA?

Comment

I wouldn't put them all on the team. I meant as an either/or idea. Like Alan, OR Jade and Obsidian, OR a grandson of Alan as a new GL.

What do Jade and Obsidian have to do with the golden age JSA? More than Red Beetle, Dark Knight, Magog, Amazing Man III, or Judomaster. All bags of crap from when DC got it in their head that Society meant letting ANYONE in. The JSA used to be an exclusive club, and needs to be again. The Infinity Inc members are pretty much the go to characters to mine for future members of the JSA as their kids, step kids and godchildren.

Comment

I wouldn't put them all on the team. I meant as an either/or idea. Like Alan, OR Jade and Obsidian, OR a grandson of Alan as a new GL.

What do Jade and Obsidian have to do with the golden age JSA? More than Red Beetle, Dark Knight, Magog, Amazing Man III, or Judomaster. All bags of crap from when DC got it in their head that Society meant letting ANYONE in. The JSA used to be an exclusive club, and needs to be again. The Infinity Inc members are pretty much the go to characters to mine for future members of the JSA as their kids, step kids and godchildren.
                  So you're talking about relaunching a comic that hasn't been published for 30 years. That might sell, but probably not. Why not plug those two characters into current comics that are selling OK?

Comment

Because that gets away from their brand. Why not put Charlie Vickers Green Lantern in the Titans? Nobody is using him? Why not put Hourman in the JLA? Or Arsenal in the JSA? Because they don't fit there.

Comment

Think about the story that's being told. Alan and maybe his kids are bring brought here from 1951. So of course his kids will be oddballs on those teams for a while. All the characters coming here from the past will be oddballs. But Jenny and Todd will be attracted to modern young people who they see as their peers. That scenario will generate stories.
                      Trey Strain
                      Guardian of the Universe
                      Last edited by Trey Strain; 05-28-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Obsidian already was in the JLA. It didn't work that well ten. I don't see why Titans work. I feel like those characters are too old to hang with the youmger ones.

Comment

Obsidian already was in the JLA. It didn't work that well ten. I don't see why Titans work. I feel like those characters are too old to hang with the youmger ones.
                          We don't even know that Jenny and Todd are coming back, but if they are, then their old backstory doesn't apply any more. This is still the New 52 with some tweaks. They can be any age they need to be.

Comment

Meh. Don't like it.

Comment

The JSA isn't being brought from the 50's to present day. Unless it's stated somewhere the current iteration of Barry Allen hasn't been to the WWII past, and Jay Garrick already knows him. This is the pre New52 versions of the JSA who've already met the JL.

And SPOILERS Jade is back *kinda* in a background pic in Kyle's bedroom on Oa.

Ripping off Capt. America like that would make no sense. Steve Rogers' comic never sells more than a couple years before he's replaced again in some form or another or thrown into gimmicky comic book hell.

IMHO the Justice Society needs to be big. The only team bigger than the Society should be like the JL Unlimited...

~//V\\~

Comment

Don't look at Trey! Look at meeeeeeeee!

Comment

Working...
                                X