Should Sinestro be redeemed? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Sinestro be redeemed? Really?

I mean, really. Think about it. There's been a lot to do in the Geoff regime and beyond about "Can he be redeemed?" Now, if you go back far enough... to the 80s... the guy literally wiped out whole space sectors while harboring the Mad God Sector and all that -- and we're talking about potentially billions, if not trillions of lives snuffed out directly because of him, by his hand -- so it doesn't immediately seem like there's all that much coming back from such, but I'm curious what the general consensus is.

Sure. Vader massacred a gang of younglings and all that but he still got a nice Return of the Jedi celebration... but is that really right? Should he get to come back to the "light" with full fanfare, a murderer of trillions?

Me, I fully appreciate him. He's a multifaceted character, perhaps the strongest in the whole library of Green Lantern. But he's no hero. He can't be. Not even an anti-hero, but he can be, at times. But that's it.
    No way, no how. He's evil. Never.
    66.67%
    I don't see how it's even possible, but a good story might change my mind.
    20.00%
    I really don't know.
    0.00%
    Maybe, down the road.
    6.67%
    It was Parallax, maybe. He's guilt-free on what he did before.
    6.67%
    What he did was unforgivable, but he's earned enough to be given a chance.
    0.00%
    Yes, he should be.
    0.00%

No. Not really. He has potential to be One of DC's best Characters,but he always gets mismanaged. I like the idea of him being scariest Villian amongst villians. They Kinda Guy Darkseid is afraid to piss off. In Short the master of Fear.

If DC could get thier shit together. His book could be huge. I like the idea of the worst the galaxy has to offer hidding under the covers because the Boogyman of the Boogy men will come after them. And what makes it even cooler is that the fear makes him more and more powerful. That's Why I feel the Resavoir is stupid. Emotions should fuel the rings.

That being said no one is just a one sided coin. Not being somene who wants to see good people get hurt, I would like to see him deal with the damage he has done. Ocoasionally try to make amends for some of the things he has done. Never apologize for what needed to be done but try to clean up the after math of what gets left behind.

Sinestro is a complex character that has never been done right.The fact that his book gets out sold by Harley Quinns disturbs me.
    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

I like the layers they have added to him to make his motives more believable than simple moustache twirling. Sinestro was one of the things I think Geoff Johns left in a better position than when he found him.

But with all of that, I want him to stay a villain. Why take away GL's one truly good villain? You wouldn't really redeem the Joker or Lex Luthor. You can make them more interesting, but the biggest villain of each character should keep that role.

Comment

I don't think anyone post-Johns is trying to redeem him. In the last Sin issue he ordered his own people on a suicide bombing without their knowledge. He's an unrepentant evil man who sometimes does beneficial things.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          I don't think anyone post-Johns is trying to redeem him. In the last Sin issue he ordered his own people on a suicide bombing without their knowledge. He's an unrepentant evil man who sometimes does beneficial things.
          And that's the way I want him. I don't mind him THINKING he's in the right. I just don't want them portraying him as ACTUALLY being in the right, and just misunderstood.

Comment

Sinestro should not be redeemed, even though he has a few redeeming qualities, like his twisted love for his people. I'm glad he's been made into a character that is more complex than performing selfish deeds and maniacal cackling, but at the core, Sinestro is still a murderer and a despot, so he should stay a villain.

Unless I missed something along the way, we still don't know why Sinestro was given a green ring by the Guardians to kick off the NU52, other than the the Guardians strange corruption made them perform acts to sabotage the corps from within.

This is the most I've discussed Green Lantern in months.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
              Unless I missed something along the way, we still don't know why Sinestro was given a green ring by the Guardians to kick off the NU52, other than the the Guardians strange corruption made them perform acts to sabotage the corps from within.
              Probably one of a variety of other ideas and plot threads Geoff introduced and then lost interest in or forgot about in favor of furthering the next big event/spectacle.

I wonder what the rest of those Guardians' laws were, anyway... or where Cowgirl went.

Comment

Though I don't want him to be an anti hero exactly. I would like to see a Villian that is diffrent then to others. I like him to be brutal. His constructs being things so horriable that only some one who has lived in Qward for as long as he has could come up with. I like the depth of a superhero who is willing to be the villian to get the desired results. I can understand the frustration of the character as a Green Lantern. For every one we lock up two more rise to take thier place and by the time you lock up one of the new ones 5 of the old ones just got released. He is willing to sacrafice anything for the greater good even his former morality.

Now that's a character I wanna read about.

Comment

i just don't like the character one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                    i just don't like the character one way or the other.
                    Well, that's an honest answer.

Truthfully, he was never my favorite GL baddie. My first favorite was the Tattooed Man. Then, it was Black Hand (the pre-Johns version). Sinny would probably fifth or so on the list---I didn't dislike him (he could be done well), but he just wasn't as cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post

i guess you did miss it, because it was explained. the guardians manipulated sinestro into thinking the ring chose him and was trying to redeem him so that he would get rid of the sinestro corp so they wouldn't have to.

Comment

Sinestro, Luthor & Joker SHOULD NEVER be on the side of good!

\m/,
                        Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

I like Villians with the same power set. It is a good writting tool,it let's you exploire what the Hero could do if they ever went rogue. I would like to see Sinestro amp up his game oldskool style. Bring Inanimate objects to life,do mind wipes,do some time travel,break all the rules that the Guardians set for the Green Lanterns. Cross that line! He probably can't do any of that stuff now that DC has GL rings working at about 20 percent of what they use to be able to do.

They should start calling it the Jewlery formerly known as the most powerful Weapon in the universe...

Comment

Silver Age lanterns would wipe the floor with the modern ones. Even the undoing of the 24-hour charge is now a hindrance since the lanterns can waste it all in a second if they just strain enough.

Comment

What I find is super funny about the crappy direction of the Current Green Lantern is. When Hal had the most powerful weapon in the universe he spent most of his time jaw jacking bad guys. Now that he finds out that he is killing the universe with his ring,he hardly ever punches anybody.

Comment

Working...
                              X