The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV
View Poll Results: Which was the best NOLAN Batman film?
Batman Begins 7 35.00%
The Dark Knight 11 55.00%
The Dark Knight Rises 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #26
Scarecrow
Senior Corps Member

Wait for it, he won't like that people don't vote for DKR and he will make a poll where it is the only option next.

Sig made by Zander Yurami
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #27
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Of the Nolan-verse, The Dark Knight is probably of my favorite of the trilogy. The Dark Knight Rises had way too many story-related problems for it to be my favorite. I actually think I liked Batman Begins even more than TDKR. The Dark Knight is just such a well paced film, with great performances all around. Not sure how anyone could like Begins or TDKR more than it.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #28
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
Of the Nolan-verse, The Dark Knight is probably of my favorite of the trilogy. The Dark Knight Rises had way too many story-related problems for it to be my favorite. I actually think I liked Batman Begins even more than TDKR. The Dark Knight is just such a well paced film, with great performances all around. Not sure how anyone could like Begins or TDKR more than it.
For my part, I prefer Begins because I thought it was a more FUN movie. I won't try to argue that it was BETTER. I just enjoyed it more. It really just comes down to my personal preferences and what I watch movies for. There are many movies that I've seen where I felt they were VERY good movies, I was very glad to have seen them, but that I had zero desire to see them again.

The Dark Knight was one of those for me. I haven't watched it since I saw it in the theater. Whereas I own Batman Begins on DVD, and have watched it several times.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #29
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
For my part, I prefer Begins because I thought it was a more FUN movie. I won't try to argue that it was BETTER. I just enjoyed it more. It really just comes down to my personal preferences and what I watch movies for. There are many movies that I've seen where I felt they were VERY good movies, I was very glad to have seen them, but that I had zero desire to see them again.

The Dark Knight was one of those for me. I haven't watched it since I saw it in the theater. Whereas I own Batman Begins on DVD, and have watched it several times.
Funny you have this thought process, because it's exactly my line of reasoning when I tell people I like Batman (1989) more than any of the Nolan-verse movies.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #30
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Funny you have this thought process, because it's exactly my line of reasoning when I tell people I like Batman (1989) more than any of the Nolan-verse movies.
I should watch that again. That might be true for me as well. I haven't seen it in years.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #31
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
I should watch that again. That might be true for me as well. I haven't seen it in years.
It's definitely campy compared to the Nolan-verse, but I watch it now and appreciate it for different reasons. The set pieces are freaking amazing, and Gotham has a unique and actual comic book like look to it. Something it definitely has over the Nolan-verse's hyper-realistic set. The performances still hold up, the writing just has that cheesy feel to it, but not so heavy that it's unenjoyable. And I'll take Kim Basinger as Vicki Vale over any of the ladies in the Nolan-verse.

Oh, and Billy Dee Williams biatches...

Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #32
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Yes, but my last batman thread was for MODERN superhero films, batman 66 was not really a modern superhero film. If I was going to add that one, I would have added the two 1940s ones too! The point is this one's about the Nolan franchise. I'm thinking of doing seperate threads for the 4 90s films and the three other ones (the 2 40s ones and 66) because all the franchises are so different, and people like them for different reasons. Also if I do that, should I seperate the first two 90s films from the last two?
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Seriously. How old is Deadpool. I need to know if I can put him on ignore or start hurling invectives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
i think hes at least 18 naysay
i say do what you do best
He said 15...ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
No comment for The Dark Knight?
Dark Knight is what I voted for, so clearly, if you voted for Dark Knight, I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:19 AM   #33
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhan View Post
Dark Knight is what I voted for, so clearly, if you voted for Dark Knight, I agree with you.
I had asked because I don't check who votes for what in polls' results and because you had seemed to ignore it when commenting on Begins and Rises. I wasn't sure why you had, but I suppose I should have just considered that you preferred that one of the three.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:41 AM   #34
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
For my part, I prefer Begins because I thought it was a more FUN movie. I won't try to argue that it was BETTER. I just enjoyed it more...
Yep. Me too. I think it's because I generally like training/origin stories and "Year One" is a favorite comic of mine anyway.

I also get annoyed with DK because Ledger just doesn't feel like the Joker to me. Don't get me wrong, he does a great, intense, psychopath, but he was way too serious for me. He just didn't jive with how I see the Joker (giggly and such). To this day Mark Hamill is my favorite Joker (even though it's only a voice).
I suppose I could enjoy DK more if I just tried to separate DK Joker from comic Joker.

But I completely understand your idea of good vs. enjoyable. I believe Citizen Kane is the best movie ever made, but I've only seen it maybe 3 times and still don't own it (yet). On the other hand, Highlander—which fails in many ways as a movie—is my favorite movie and I've seen it dozens of times.

Quote:
It's definitely campy compared to the Nolan-verse, but I watch it now and appreciate it for different reasons. The set pieces are freaking amazing, and Gotham has a unique and actual comic book like look to it...
Definitely. I just want to be in Burton's Gotham even though it is dark and crime-filled. Miniatures FTW!
And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
—Isaiah 2:4
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #35
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

Quote:
I used to prefer Batman Returns than any Nolanverse films before I saw DKR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #36
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
I used to prefer Batman Returns than any Nolanverse films before I saw DKR.
DKR isn't as good as Batman Returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #37
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

I think it is. Once again, here is my list of all time favourite batman films:
*DKR
*Batman Returns
*DK and Batman (89) tie
*Batman Begins
*Batman Forever
*Batman & Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:50 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Batman Begins for sure... it's just a solid movie all around. TDK was OK but not as satisfying, despite an excellent Joker portrayal.

I actually really like TDKR. I'm a huge, huge Bane fan and I felt like they redeemed him on screen after the horrors they did to him in Batman & Robin. Granted, I wasn't happy they basically gave his whole backstory to Talia and made him her underling... but I'll take what I can get.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:08 AM   #39
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

(I'm sorry I couldn't help myself, I've been staring at this thread for 3 days now and it was begging for one of these )

Ok, so I must have been away when whatshisface started this thread, but in a way I'm glad I didnt answer it then because I would have automatically said TDK, and it's not even that I like the Joker so much, it's that Ledger gave a performance that will always be superior IMHO. BUT NOW that I've had a few years to look at the films retrospectively, they are equally great in my eyes and it's hard to pick just one. So I look at it this way: it's a 3 chapter book, with chapter 2 being my highlight. One thing is for sure though- BB should have done way better at the box office just because it was so beautifully choreographed.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:26 PM   #40
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
So I look at it this way: it's a 3 chapter book, with chapter 2 being my highlight.
That's fair.

Quote:
One thing is for sure though- BB should have done way better at the box office just because it was so beautifully choreographed.
I take a liiiittle bit of issue the way they shot the action, when Batman is fighting. It seems like their idea was just to do dozens of quick cuts to kind of... not show him and cut around the suit, or something. It's odd to look at.

Not as bad as the action in TDKR. Batman just walking up to people in broad daylight and punching them, little or no martial arts utilized.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deadpoll, deadpool spawned thread