EARTH 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W.West View Post
    ""It's not what people are expecting but hopefully people will come around to liking it."

That is NOT what I want to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post

That is NOT what I want to hear.
      What did you want to hear?

Comment

Probably something along the lines of "fans are going to LOVE this!"

Alan Scott, RIP.
        The last fan of 1990s comics
        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
          "It's not what people are expecting but hopefully people will come around to liking it."
          Talk about damning with faint praise....

Maybe it sounds better in context, but that quote, taken out of context, sounds like just about the bare minimum of contractually obligated "enthusiasm".

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
          This is more what I would EXPECT to hear, whether it was true or not. People might still go in skeptical, but at least they would have the idea that the CREATORS were excited about it.

Comment

I pass on James Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
              I pass on James Robinson.
              The Shade has been pretty good so far imo, I'm willing to give this a shot, but yea his name as of late really doesn't inspire much confidence in me.

Comment

Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
                The Shade has been pretty good so far imo, I'm willing to give this a shot, but yea his name as of late really doesn't inspire much confidence in me.
                I'm done with him.

Fool me once and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post

Alan Scott, RIP.
                  Oh hello negative nancy, how is the weather in gloom town.

Comment

Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
                    What did you want to hear?
                    I'd love to hear that the setting of an Earth 2 concept meant that we were getting treated to a classic Justice Society. I'm talking something Thomasian. I want to feel like the REAL JSA returned after their last appearance in the Last Days Of The Justice Society special. Just let me bathe in old school glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                      I'd love to hear that the setting of an Earth 2 concept meant that we were getting treated to a classic Justice Society. I'm talking something Thomasian. I want to feel like the REAL JSA returned after their last appearance in the Last Days Of The Justice Society special. Just let me bathe in old school glory.
                      I kind of feel like that ship sailed a long time ago.

Comment

DC Comics Announces "Earth 2" Launch for May

USA TODAY broke the news this morning that in May, six DC Comics titles will be replaced with new ones. One of those new titles is the much anticipated Justice Society book by James Robinson and Nicola Scott. Now we know that the book isn't entitled Justice Society or even JSA, but instead will be called "Earth 2".

It wasn't long ago that series writer Robinson said in an interview that the book was "not what people are expecting", and this title sort of hints to that. Unfortunately, we still don't have any information on the roster or premise for the title. Lantern fans will have to wait a little while longer, until May solicitations are released, to find out if the original Green Lantern, Alan Scott, is apart of this second Earth. Not to mention Jade...Until further knowledge is known, I leave you with that. "Earth 2" is coming soon.

UPDATE: DC Comics releases brief description for Earth 2, which you can read just below.

The greatest heroes on a parallel Earth, the Justice Society combats threats that will set them on a collision course with other worlds.
                        W.West
                        Last edited by W.West; 01-12-2012, 02:37 PM.

Comment

They have to have GL, don't they!?

Comment

Which seven titles are going away?

Comment

It actually six titles going away. Check the DC relaunch thread
                              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                                It actually six titles going away. Check the DC relaunch thread
                                Or the link provided above, whichever. Edited the post to correct my mistake and update with description of the book from DC

Comment

Working...
                                X