Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Lantern Corps #46 review (by FrEaKjOkErXXX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern Corps #46 review (by FrEaKjOkErXXX)

Green Lantern Corps #46

Published March 17th, 2010
    Writer : Peter J. Tomasi
    Penciller : Patrick Gleason
    Inkers : Rebecca Buchman, Keith Champagne, & Tom Nguyen
    Cover : Patrick Gleason, Rebecca Buchman, Randy Mayor

Review by FrEaKjOkErXXX
    1/2 of

After what seems like a lifetime (ok, it’s only been 9 months but you can’t say it hasn’t felt like longer), the Blackest Night fueled storyline in Green Lantern Corp ends with a double sized bang. The storyline wraps itself up (ok this also isn’t true but it will within the next two weeks) with the multi colored lanterns fighting it out in space and then descending onto Earth.

The issue begins with all of the seven Corps (six… no Orange) fighting together in space against all of the descending Black Lanterns. Guy Gardner comes up with a plan straight out of Star Trek to deal with the Black Lanterns but it ends up not working that well as they are ambushed from below and torn apart. Black Lantern Ice takes Guy away as a Black Lantern home appliance (with a dead girlfriend inside) confronts Kyle. We get the usual Black Lantern trickery with Guy and Ice while Kyle is sucked into the refrigerator, which basically takes him into a Black Lantern controlled alternate reality… anyways, Kyle ends up breaking her concentration and with the assistance of Munk, destroys Alex and her refrigerator of doom. Guy also breaks free from Ice as he pages Kyle from the graveyard (you know the one, it’s been in Blackest Night for the past six months) and tells him he has found the Anti-Monitor. The lanterns descend from space heading towards the graveyard were a battle with a half Black Lantern Anti-Monitor begins. The Anti-Monitor fights off the multi colored rings when he almost kills Iolande, but instead shoots off Vath’s legs when he jumps in the way of Iolande. Vath refuses to leave the battlefield as he keeps fighting. Munk and Kyle get Dove and incase her inside of a green energy bullet and get ready to fire. Guy has the Red Lanterns drench the Anti-Monitor with their puke to hurt him as Bedovian (sniper Sinestro Corps member for the Sinestro Corps War Special) shoots the willpower bullet carrying Dove. As she travels in the bullet, the Lanterns coat her path in their individual lights, creating a more powerful weapon. The bullet hit’s the Anti-Monitor through the head and he slumps over the Black Power Battery. The Lanterns attempt to pull the Anti-Monitor out, knowing full well that is were Nekron is taking his power from, but are unable to do so. This leads into the last page were they basically go to beat up Nekron.

I thought this issue was pretty solid. The art was good, not the worst but still not the best. The story was good and really felt like the only way this storyline could of ended without sucking. Both Tomasi and Gleason deliver another great issue.

Issue Highlights:

* Vath and his sacrifice. Not dead but still a big injury to a man of action like Vath. The battle ground is the place for this character and I look forward to seeing just how this injury will affect his psyche.

* The Anti-Monitor. We have been waiting for a couple years to see him and his role in the Blackest Night and now we know.

* Black Lantern Refrigerator. Do I need to say more…?

* United Corps Battle. Along with the one part in Blackest Night #7, we get more on the giant space battle between the Black Lanterns and the seven corps. This is the closest we got and will ever get to the exciting two page spread from Green Lantern #25 so that was pretty sweet. I really liked how all the Corps worked together as one unstoppable unit against the Anti-Monitor and I hope that is something that plays out into the Brightest Day… days…

Issue Dislikes:

* Guy Gardner. For some reason, Guy REALLY got on my nerves in this issue but at the same time I thought his giant rainbow net was a genius plan.

Can’t wait for next month for Tomasi and Gleason’s final issue of Green Lantern Corps!

Nice review.

Comment

Thanks Andrew. I was sick and didn't feel much like reviewing so it is a bit short.

Comment

Thanks for the review
        I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

*High-Five*

Comment

Working...
          X