No announcement yet.

The Phantom Stranger #42 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This issue was alright. I didn't really understand what the hell was going on with the Spectre and the GL symbol in his eyes.

Comment

i think the gl symbol was showin he got hal locked on

Comment

So apparently the white light doesn't have a chance...that's all I got from this issue.

Comment

deadman might have more info on that...but it bein a tie-in the writer might not wanna put that bit in there

who knows

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
            So apparently the white light doesn't have a chance...that's all I got from this issue.
            That's all i got too i don't know why they wanted to go to that temple
            Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

I enjoyed the issue. I'm a bit biased torwards Deadman, Spectre, and the Stranger, so this issue was kind of marketed to me anyway. I thought the art was very good. It really stood out to me how well drawn all the characters were.

The story was fine, and I enjoyed the break from the typical formula they've been using in every tie in, with the dead getting rings and stalking loved ones. I always love seeing Nanda Parabat and Deadman's supporting cast. I was hoping for more Spectre, but that's obviously coming in GL #50.

While not amazing, it was certainly more enjoyable to me than most of the tie ins. A nice 3 out of 5 stars, though the art was deserving of more.
              Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
              Moisture Farmer
              Last edited by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker; 01-21-2010, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I just realized that this is actually supposed to take place DIRECTLY after the scene seen in Blackest Night #2 where the Spectre becomes a Black Lantern in the cemetery. Like, literally right afterward... he becomes a Black Lantern, stands, then kneels forward to smack Phantom Stranger like in this issue.

But there's a major fuckup: what happened to Zatanna? She's standing there with Phantom Stranger and Blue Devil in BN #2. She's even on the cover of Phantom Stranger #42... but she's just not in the issue.

Comment

Doesn't the Blue Devil mention something about Z during the issue?

Comment

Zatanna books it to go hang out with the Justice League doesn't she?

EDIT : oh and this book sucked ass too....

Comment

She does. She shows up at the JL Cave with Gypsy and they all go to the Hall to be written terribly.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                        She does. She shows up at the JL Cave with Gypsy and they all go to the Hall to be written terribly.
                        Incidentally... I've noticed a really stupid trend in all the Blackest Night tie in books...

They seem to all feature the line "I'm moving on" or words to that effect...

John and Xanshi...
                        Ray and Jean...
                        now that I'm thinking about it don't Dr. Light and Katana and Zatanna and a bunch of other characters confronted by the "ghosts of their pasts" come up with that same line at some point?

They should have just called the event "Moving On"...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
                          They should have just called the event "Moving On"...

+ YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

liked it.... but not too impressed by it..... AND FIX THE FUCKING SPECTRE BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not impressed or happy with the BL Spectre......
                            http:thejourneyofakaijusamurai.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                            X