GL Villains For Film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mechinoid View Post
    First I'd do what the Incredible Hulk did and recap the basic beginning in the opening credits.

I'd use Kanjar Ro since he's been used in other mediums. Have a first movie with him using alternative technology to command the Manhunters to try and take over different worlds, and having to bring different Lanterns to take him down. At the end Kanjar would be taken down from Hal and [mostly] Sinestro working together; and while being taken away Kanjar would mention to Sinestro that they aren't too different. The ending teaser would reveal the alternative technology came from the Qwardians.

2nd movie would have a time skip, as Hal and Sinestro have become even better buddies, and would be about the Qwardians trying to take over the universe, basically just upping the scale to a massive level. It would take Sinestro and his planet of Kurogar to fully push them back to the anti-universe, but also serves as outing Sinestro as the Dictator he is. Instead of facing trial he leaves and brings his ring to the Qwardians to modify, thinking with their technology and without having to abide to the laws of the Guardians, he could better keep order to both Universes.

3rd movie, with Sinestro leading the Qwardians [keeping the epic scale, but bringing more emotional weight as Hal has to take down Sinestro this time] it would be revealed that they are building a core lantern battery on Qward [that would mass produce yellow rings for the Qwardians and make them impossible to stop], Hal would need assistance from someone who had been to the anti-universe, and grudgingly frees Kanjar Ro from his prison and drags him along with him; this would help bring the trilogy to a full circle with Kanjar Ro helping take down the person that defeated him in the first movie.

Throughout it becomes a big question of who do you trust, as at first the Guardians were to be trusted until the knowledge of the Manhunters comes about; the 2nd movie is about Hal's most trusted friend in the corps Sinestro being somebody else the whole time; and the 3rd is Hal having to trust someone he knows is a terrible person, but it doesn't matter because the ends will justify the means.

This is a brilliant idea and think it could work. Qwardians would make great movie villains because they could be really bizarre and threatening. Sinestro should be more of a Anakin -> Darth Vader type villain, not a one-off villain, like you suggest, he needs to be more epic that way. Since the Anti-Monitor is a really awesome villain, maybe a take on Infinite Crisis could work, Green Lantern Corps versus AntiMonitor+Qwardians?

Another great villain team is the Sinestro Corps: Low, Maash, etc, would be really cool on the big screen.

Yellow lanterns could even work as a direct sequel to the current movie, maybe tie in the Qwardians, Sinestro travels to Qward to build his corps, then bring in the AntiMonitor, but don't defeat him until the third movie.

Needs to be more episodic and serialized like Star Wars. Move away from the Spiderman-style personal-internal-struggle story and into big-constant-battle-big-cast "Expendables" territory. Not even Marvel movies are episodic, why not? Every Marvel movie ties itself up at the end: villain defeated, heroes safe. Sure there is more danger lurking for sequels but it's the standard one-off formula. Where are the spiritual successors to Empire Strikes Back?? GL could pull this off easily. Dammit DC, hire me to write up some scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by sundrop View Post
      Since the Anti-Monitor is a really awesome villain, maybe a take on Infinite Crisis could work, Green Lantern Corps versus AntiMonitor+Qwardians?

Yellow lanterns could even work as a direct sequel to the current movie, maybe tie in the Qwardians, Sinestro travels to Qward to build his corps, then bring in the AntiMonitor, but don't defeat him until the third movie.
      I personally wouldn't want to see the Anti-moniter as just being a GL Villain. I'd want to see him somehow in a JL movie instead [probably after Darkseid fights the JL] Though that's not to say that a GL movie and a JL movie couldn't tie in together and interlap.

An idea could be having Krona be working with the Anti-Moniter with the intent to backstab him and use the lingering dimensional energies of both universes to create another big bang, one that he can finally witness for himself. Since they'll need time after a JL movie, perhaps have 2 movies where they face Krona. [Although trilogies tend to be epic, I would be afraid of over saturation having 2 trilogies being close enough together, plus they could always have JL 2 [or 3] showoff the GL's helping the JL with their fight against the anti-moniter]

Comment

Originally posted by Mechinoid View Post
        I personally wouldn't want to see the Anti-moniter as just being a GL Villain. I'd want to see him somehow in a JL movie instead [probably after Darkseid fights the JL] Though that's not to say that a GL movie and a JL movie couldn't tie in together and interlap.

An idea could be having Krona be working with the Anti-Moniter with the intent to backstab him and use the lingering dimensional energies of both universes to create another big bang, one that he can finally witness for himself. Since they'll need time after a JL movie, perhaps have 2 movies where they face Krona. [Although trilogies tend to be epic, I would be afraid of over saturation having 2 trilogies being close enough together, plus they could always have JL 2 [or 3] showoff the GL's helping the JL with their fight against the anti-moniter]
        I like this story. I want to see krona take an important dimension not a mix as the last movie . But I would put the character nekron instead of anti - monitor . Or anti-monitors come to mind the story thereafter. An indispensable character for me is that Sinestro should slide to the dark side for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Ha!! Looks like you should watch the next ep of "Arrow"...

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
            Ha!! Looks like you should watch the next ep of "Arrow"...
            Really? Tell me if that's true after the episode.

Comment

Demolition Team, comin' atcha!:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0XXUWLcP_E

Comment

I thought they made for some pretty decent enemies and work for hire mercs employed by HIVE. Dude with the hammer was messing Dig up for a bit, and the chick with the nail gun got Canary in the face!

~M~

Comment

I'm sad they didn't have a jackhammer guy ... :'(

Comment

For the first movie: Krona and possibly Star Sapphire, along with a cameo by Atrocitus. I would have it be more of a merge of the original Emerald Dawn, Secret Origins and War of the Green Lanterns.

The second movie would just be Sinestro and his Corps.

The third would be a War of Light movie involving Atrocitus and Larfleeze.

The final film would be the Blackest Night with Black Hand and Nekron.

Oh, and Black Lantern Superman, because I would have had him killed by Doomsday before the events of Blackest Night and resurrected as a Black Lantern, who then becomes a White Lantern, completing his return. This allows him to come back from the dead with a black suit without the contrived "healing coma" silliness.

Comment

Working...
                    X