http://www.darkhorizons.com/sonic-th...gn-photo-leak/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:58 PM   #2
IonFan
Forum Member

i for one need more pics before i can say it's better then what we got before

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

For once, I agree with IonFan. This looks a lot like what we had in the first trailer.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:24 PM   #4
IonFan
Forum Member

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

it does look better

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
Old 11-12-2019, 05:11 PM   #5
IonFan
Forum Member

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

and here it is without Mr. H

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 11-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #6
Space Cop
The Dandy

^Definitely looks better.

But, I don't get why they can't just do a quality animated movie, especially in a property where the human character doesn't look like he's from the real-world. Why go through the stupid cliche of "now, he's in our world"?

Aren't we past the point of thinking of live action as the only legit movies? And what does "live action" mean when the main character and most of the effects are cartoons.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
—Isaiah 9:6
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:50 PM   #7
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
And what does "live action" mean when the main character and most of the effects are cartoons?
I kind of wondered the same thing when Disney decided to remake The Lion King in "live action". In what sense is it live action when pretty much all the characters are CGI?
Old 11-13-2019, 04:21 AM   #8
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

+ YouTube Video
Old 11-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

I think it looks a lot better, but I kind of hate the precedent this sets.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:46 PM   #10
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think it looks a lot better, but I kind of hate the precedent this sets.
You mean redesigning because of public backlash? True, but I suppose it’s not far from editing and reshooting due to the test screening. It is different (because that, at least, is done with the whole picture in view), but kind of an extension of that.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:34 PM   #11
IonFan
Forum Member

+ YouTube Video

and

+ YouTube Video

now as to the "precedent this sets" THIS IS A GOOD THING, no one was gonna see the sh!t show they were given us before, NOW people will see this

after all how many times has the "public backlash" been right about things (GhostBusters 2016, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Terminator: Dark Fate, Star Trek: Discovery ect., ect., ect.)

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 11-13-2019, 07:07 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
now as to the "precedent this sets" THIS IS A GOOD THING, no one was gonna see the sh!t show they were given us before, NOW people will see this
I dunno... are there really millions of Sonic fans who played the games 30 years ago who would even see this, good or not? I'm not so sure.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:28 AM   #13
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Caught Joe Vargas's reaction to the remade trailer, Sonic finally looks like he should. The quality of the computer effects before was good, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that the character was too realistic-looking and had unnecessary changes (not wearing gloves, super-visible teeth, etc). Sonic has always had a cartoon quality to his design because he's not realistic by nature, so redesigning him to be accurate to his standard look isn't caving to fan pressure for no reason, it's getting the design right. If Batman was redesigned to not having a single thing bat-related, but still called Batman, anybody would be right to criticize it because the change from the template would be too much and therefore be a wholly different character.

This redesign looks great, the film still looks appealing (maybe cliche, sure, but entertaining. I even like that Sonic is still scatterbrained). I'm far more in the mood to see it now and really look forward to Jim Carrey as Robotnik (the dance scene looks hilarious).

As for an animated Sonic film, there was one in 1999, but it's hard as fuck to find, so good luck. Definitely worth it though, the animation was top-notch and the action was great.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:37 AM   #14
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I liked the rubber-band museum gag.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:53 AM   #15
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post

after all how many times has the "public backlash" been right about things (GhostBusters 2016, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Terminator: Dark Fate, Star Trek: Discovery ect., ect., ect.)
Impossible to say because personal taste is still a thing, and because a small but angry group will always be louder than a large complacent one. If 5% of the audience really hate a movie, 95% don't and you give in to the loud, passionate ones, you just lost 95% of your audience.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:35 AM   #16
Bob Sachs
Voice of Guy Gardner

As a Sonic fan, I just wish they would leave him out of the live action production altogether. I'll watch it, because I am an extreme Sonic fan, but I'm not happy. A full cartoon film would have been welcomed by me. Heavy sigh.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:42 AM   #17
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOB spelled backwards View Post
As a Sonic fan, I just wish they would leave him out of the live action production altogether. I'll watch it, because I am an extreme Sonic fan, but I'm not happy. A full cartoon film would have been welcomed by me. Heavy sigh.
That's what I'm saying.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:33 AM   #18
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
As for an animated Sonic film, there was one in 1999, but it's hard as fuck to find, so good luck. Definitely worth it though, the animation was top-notch and the action was great.
Just a reminder.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:40 AM   #19
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Just a reminder.
Yeah, I will try to find that, but I (and probably boB) was thinking more on a big release like Into the Spiderverse.

EDIT: actually, if it's under an hour (which seems to fit with IMDb), it's on Youtube:

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by Space Cop; 11-16-2019 at 04:45 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:49 PM   #20
Bob Sachs
Voice of Guy Gardner

Talking

Quote:
Yeah, I will try to find that, but I (and probably boB) was thinking more on a big release like Into the Spiderverse.

EDIT: actually, if it's under an hour (which seems to fit with IMDb), it's on Youtube:

+ YouTube Video
You read my mind. I'm sure it was traumatic inside my head. Please send any therapy bills to my ex-wife.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:39 PM   #21
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
You read my mind. I'm sure it was traumatic inside my head. Please send any therapy bills to my ex-wife.
LOL. I was just saying what I was thinking and figured we basically felt the same, though I'm probably not as strong a Sonic fan.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:59 PM   #22
Bob Sachs
Voice of Guy Gardner

Red face

Quote:
LOL. I was just saying what I was thinking and figured we basically felt the same, though I'm probably not as strong a Sonic fan.
Strong? LOL! I haven't bathed yet today, so you're probably more accurate than you wanna know. In my defense, I have felt bad since yesterday.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:17 PM   #23
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Strong? LOL! I haven't bathed yet today, so you're probably more accurate than you wanna know. In my defense, I have felt bad since yesterday.
I'll tell you, though, I might not be that big a Sonic fan, the sound of collecting the rings is stuck in my head forever.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:24 PM   #24
Bob Sachs
Voice of Guy Gardner

Exclamation

Quote:
I'll tell you, though, I might not be that big a Sonic fan, the sound of collecting the rings is stuck in my head forever.
I hate the ring collecting sound LOL