The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #1
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default Marvel News Thread Vol. 7

Old 04-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #2
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Here’s Who Alfre Woodard Plays in ‘Captain America: Civil War’
Old 04-07-2016, 04:22 PM   #3
W.West

Marvel’s ‘Cloak and Dagger’ TV Series Officially Coming to … Freeform?

Quote:
Not content to launch new superhero properties on ABC or Netflix, Marvel is officially branching out to Freeform for a long-awaited debut. A Cloak and Dagger series is officially in the works, ordered to series at the former ABC Family for its title heroes.

According to Variety, Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger has an official straight-to-series order, though no writer is officially attached to the so-called “superhero love story.” ABC Family had been developing the series as far back as 2011, then said to set in a post-Katrina New Orleans.

So reads the synopsis, based on title characters Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson:

The live-action interracial romance follows the duo, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love — Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart, but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.

It remains unclear if Cloak and Dagger will be set in the explicit Marvel cinematic universe as all the other TV properties, though if nether ABC nor Netflix can forge much direct connection with its big-screen counterparts, it may not necessarily matter.

Cloak and Dagger were surely ripe for their own series, but will Marvel fans follow all the way to Freeform for a more YA feel?
Old 04-07-2016, 11:07 PM   #4
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

...will anyone actually watch it if it's on that channel? This seems like one of those things that people will easily forget.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:11 AM   #5
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I enjoyed Shadow Hunters for the most part and it's on Freeform. Not as good as the novels but adaptions rarely are...

~M~
Old 04-08-2016, 10:29 PM   #6
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Scarlet #8 Preview
Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Alex Maleev

Old 04-08-2016, 10:42 PM   #7
Fearless
Agent Orange

Hey, it's that time of year again! Scarlet is out!
Old 04-09-2016, 12:07 AM   #8
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

MARVEL STUDIOS CHARACTERS WILL APPEAR IN "SPIDER-MAN" SOLO FILM, FEIGE CONFIRMS
Quote:
"He is in the universe now, and the fun of the universe is that characters go back and forth," Feige told Entertainment Weekly. However, he didn't offer any clues as to who might join Spidey in his solo film; he simply confirmed that MCU characters would appear.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:33 AM   #9
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Hmm, interesting... what could this mean, if they really are going off of Old Man Logan...?
Old 04-09-2016, 05:55 AM   #10
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
Hmm, interesting... what could this mean, if they really are going off of Old Man Logan...?

Description:
Quote:
Holbrook will play a relentless, calculating and intense head of security for a global enterprise who is set against Jackman’s clawed Wolverine/Logan hero.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:15 PM   #11
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post

...Could be Tobias, who was the head of the corrupted version of SHIELD in the OML universe. Even though that Tobias was a forty/fifty-something, fat, and looked like he wore a toupee. He did manage to kill off Old Man Hawkeye, though, so maybe if Logan gets an X-Men travelling companion, we'll get a halfway-decent death scene.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #12
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

EARLY "CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR" REVIEWS ARE IN: EVERYBODY LOVES SPIDER-MAN
Old 04-10-2016, 04:03 AM   #13
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

ECCC: BENDIS 'UNOFFICIALLY' ANNOUNCES JESSICA JONES REUNION WITH GAYDOS & MACK
Quote:
It sounds like that "Alias" follow-up is pretty much a certainty at this point -- and when it drops, expect the original creative team of writer Brian Michael Bendis, interior artist Michael Gaydos and cover artist David Mack back on the book.

During Marvel's Next Big Thing panel at Emerald City Comicon, Bendis all-but-confirmed that a continuation of his Jessica Jones saga is in the pipeline. When asked about a potential "Alias" sequel series at some point, Bendis said, "This isn't an official announcement, but I'll tell you, in lieu of it -- yes."

Bendis revealed that he's waiting for Michael Gaydos to finish a graphic novel, as he thinks that if Jessica Jones were to return to "do her thing," it should be with the original team -- including David Mack on covers.

"After 'Civil War II' you can look for a return. I genuinely think you'll be surprised by what we do in the first issue. I pitched it actually to Melissa Rosenberg, who runs the TV show, at WonderCon and she said, 'Really?' But wait for the official announcement, because this is not it."

The unofficial announcement comes after a new Jessica Jones-led series was teased at C2E2 last month, when a fan asked Tom Brevoort about the possibility of a new book with the character. Now we know for sure it'll directly follow "Alias," and not release as "The Pulse" or as a "Jessica Jones" TV tie-in.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #14
W.West

Cool, I have tickets for this Thursday.

Cool, I have to read the first Alias stuff though.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:53 AM   #15
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Cool, I have tickets for this Thursday.
You win tickets to an early screening or something?
Old 04-10-2016, 05:58 AM   #16
W.West

Yup.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #17
W.West

‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Director Bryan Singer Talks Rebooting Jean Grey and Scott Summers’ Relationship
Old 04-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #18
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Quote:
Yup.
Not fair

Old 04-11-2016, 06:52 PM   #19
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I won't be seeing Captain America: Civil War until Saturday, May 7. So yeah, I'm jealous of West too.

I'm glad to hear that Spidey is being well received. However, I'm sure Sony is more than thrilled to hear that news. Sony better not screw up the character again.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #20
W.West

Don't Expect INHUMANS To Stick To It's Release Date
Old 04-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #21
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

'Creed' Star Tessa Thompson Joining 'Thor 3'
Quote:
Details for Thompson’s part have not been revealed, but she could be the female lead as Natalie Portman, who was the female lead as Dr. Jane Foster in the previous two Thor installments, is not returning.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:16 PM   #22
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Heh, if Natalie Portman isn't coming back, and they want to recast the same role, they should just get Keira Knightly. I can barely tell those two apart.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:32 PM   #23
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

LOL! True dat! It's a much closer resemblance than Terrance Howard and Don Cheadle.

Personally, I hope there are no scenes in Thor 3 that take place on midguard (earth) with the exception of the Hulk leaving it.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:10 PM   #24
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
LOL! True dat! It's a much closer resemblance than Terrance Howard and Don Cheadle.
I find it amusing that whoever was casting for Phantom Menace noticed the same thing, since Knightley was cast as one of Padme's decoys.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:24 PM   #25
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

I mean they took it to a whole 'nother level there and had Portman dub all Knightley's lines as well.

Anyways can't say I'm sad to see Dr. Jane Foster disappear from the movies...she never actually did anything. Of course I'd also be ok with not seeing another Thor movie so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯