Movies and TV

Old 04-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #26
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Anyone plan on getting te GoT game?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #27
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Makes sense to have an AGOT thread around here as there seem to be a few fans. Thread title now changed.

Can't wait until Sunday bitches!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #28
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

WOOOOOO
Old 04-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #29
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Gnome slap ftw.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #30
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
Makes sense to have an AGOT thread around here as there seem to be a few fans. Thread title now changed.

Can't wait until Sunday bitches!!!

thanks dave

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #31
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
Gnome slap ftw.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Is that Tyrion slapping Joffrey? (cant watch vids at work)
Old 04-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #32
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Yes, I think it is priceless..
Old 04-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #33
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

It's great. There is a part in the second book where he kicks him a couple of times. I REALLY REALLY want that scene in there.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #34
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I dunno what game was on last night but I can tell ya that about only 3 things that happened in that episode actually happened in the book.....Not bad, I still enjoyed the episode but yeah that was some whole other business going on.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #35
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I haven't started Clash yet. what happened that's NOT in the book?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #36
chivalrous
Corps Honor Guard

I really wanted to like this series, but it lacks all the subtlety, misdirection and depth of the books - everything is spoon fed, very little beyond the central plot is allowed to remain mysterious or hanging at the end of a thread. Take the meeting under the Keep, which Aryan overhears, it wasn't until A Feast for Crows that we find out who the shady figures were (although there was plenty of ambiguous hinting) the same with Renly and Loras' homosexuality, that's still something that's only there between the lines in the books.
The casting and acting is, however, spot on, I just wish the series were twice as long to fit the whole story in, rather than having them condensed into ADHD serving bite-sized pieces.

Stormageddon added by Kuhan
chivalrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #37
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
I haven't started Clash yet. what happened that's NOT in the book?

SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY
It'd be easier to say the things that did happen

1) The riot
2) Joffrey getting shit thrown at him and getting smacked by Tyrion (which I have been waiting to see since I read it)
3) Jon Snow having to kill the wildling

Maybe 1 or 2 others I am forgetting

The almost rape of Sansa was not that intense or graphic

Daenerys' dragons were never stolen

Jon Snow does have to kill the wildling girl but he lets her go and then rejoins

Halfhand and the others yet it seem now they are going to be travelling together for a bit.....

Osha does eventually help Bran and Rickon escape however before that happened they led Theon (fucking bastard!!) on a wild goose chase of sorst because they are actually hiding out in the catacombs and don't leave untill that battles were over. They then separate. Osha takes Rickon and Hodor takes Bran.

...and more Im sure.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #38
The British Lantern
Not A Moderator

I do love these videos

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

I will post more if anybody is interested
Old 05-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #39
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

It's rare when the adaptation is better than the book, especially if you read the book first.

Still, I'm loving this series. I keep screaming in my head during the meeting scene. "NO! GET OUT OF THERE!" and when Balish looks off at her at the end??? I screamed aloud "HE KNOWS!!!!!!!! HE KNOWS!!!" I was a bit disappointed we didn't get to see more of Brienne. Her presence is so intense, she completely distracted me from Catelyn's and Robb's reunion. Oh, and I'm finally remembering names! I know its a tv show, but its supposed to be a tv show about Kings and Queens, and yet the wild woman didn't kill Renly when she had TWO chances. She could have killed him after they had sex and even after she killed his guard.

Speaking of guards, how do you make a mans guts fall out of him with one stab?!! I never really noticed The Hound's fucked up face until this episode. My gosh that's hideous one. I'm so disappointed Arya is down to her last "free kill" already but I suppose it wouldn't be the same having someone kill Joffrey instead of her doing it. That's the only real story I care about. Arya vs Joffrey, and Daenerys but they aren't giving her a fucking break.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #40
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Old 05-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #41
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

There's no way he makes it out of this season alive. No way the other Lannister's don't find a way to kill him.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #42
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
FUCKING LOVED IT. If I remember correctly he got a kick or two from Tyrion as well. I really wish that was in there lol. Of all the characters in the show and book so far him and Theon are the only two on my hatred shit list.

@West you think a Lannister will be the one to do it?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #43
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Am I the only one who's favorite character so far this season has been Tywin Lannister? My favorite scenes so far this season have been with him and Arya Stark. They probably won't keep them together long, but their play off each other as the master/servant has been the best acting on the show so far this season...IMO.

And I'm with you West, it's taken me a long time to get all of the character names straight. Hell, Tywin is my favorite character and I had to do an IMDB search for Last Action Hero to find the actor's name who plays him.

Also, of all the characters in the show I think Tywin would hands down be the best ruler. He's a Lannister, but he hasn't really shown any signs of cruelty. He has an air of arrogance, but really senses value in people which is one of the most important traits in a ruler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
FUCKING LOVED IT. If I remember correctly he got a kick or two from Tyrion as well. I really wish that was in there lol. Of all the characters in the show and book so far him and Theon are the only two on my hatred shit list.

@West you think a Lannister will be the one to do it?

Yeah, I actually think I hate Theon more than Joffrey. While Joffrey is a cruel, narcissistic prick, he seems to just relish in it and accepts who he is, which to me is a much more redeeming quality than being luke warm about being one thing or the other. Joffrey is a prick, and a pussy, but Theon is the Mitt Romney of Game of Thrones characterizations. And he fondled his sister...EWWWWWWWWW

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Last edited by JohnnyV; 05-08-2012 at 07:03 PM.
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #44
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I like Tywin...he is just scary as hell lol. Not a bad thing just an observation.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #45
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
I like Tywin...he is just scary as hell lol. Not a bad thing just an observation.
Yeah, he has that feeling like at any moment he's going to stick a dagger in someone's throat but doesn't. Kind of anxious to see if they're going to put him in the complete villain role, or keep him in the grey area. Cause at the moment, I actually think he's more protagonist in his own separate story. He's at war with the Starks, but he's not doing it out of any reason most antagonists usually kill others over. He's fighting them for what he perceives to see as his grandson's throne, but he's had no direct actions in anything devious, or underhanded.

Plus, last season it's the one time you saw Tyrion have someone get the proverbial "one-up" on him.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #46
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
Yeah, he has that feeling like at any moment he's going to stick a dagger in someone's throat but doesn't. Kind of anxious to see if they're going to put him in the complete villain role, or keep him in the grey area. Cause at the moment, I actually think he's more protagonist in his own separate story. He's at war with the Starks, but he's not doing it out of any reason most antagonists usually kill others over. He's fighting them for what he perceives to see as his grandson's throne, but he's had no direct actions in anything devious, or underhanded.

Plus, last season it's the one time you saw Tyrion have someone get the proverbial "one-up" on him.
I agree with all of this. I have only read two of the books and I never get the vibe of villain from him. He is very straighforward and very strict and very much set in his ways. But again one of the forst times we see him in the show he is the gutting the hell out of an animal. I thought to myself "oh yea this guy definitely means business" LOL.

Seeing as last episode varied greatly from the books I wonder what his reaction will be if he figures out who Arya really is...
Old 05-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #47
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
I agree with all of this. I have only read two of the books and I never get the vibe of villain from him. He is very straighforward and very strict and very much set in his ways. But again one of the forst times we see him in the show he is the gutting the hell out of an animal. I thought to myself "oh yea this guy definitely means business" LOL.

Seeing as last episode varied greatly from the books I wonder what his reaction will be if he figures out who Arya really is...
Yeah, that will be the true telling of how they plan on presenting him. I really hope they don't go full villain with him, as it would ruin the mystique of his character. But seeing as how this show really loves the grey area, there's a good chunk of hope that makes me think they won't make him a villain. That or he'll be killed somewhere down the road.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #48
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

As far as Arya goes if Tywin does figure out who she is I think she still may stay in the same role. As long as Jamie is alive Sansa and Arya will continue to be and vice versa. I also think that deep down Tywin knows and feels that Joffrey is a shit king and is one of the main reasons he sent Tyrion aside from the fact that he says he stayed back and sent Tyrion so he could focus on the war at hand.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #49
W.West

He put his dwarf of a son into battle, that's pretty villainous.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #50
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Hmm maybe. But is hating your son primarily because of his stature viallinous or just mean/evil?