• Justice League Dark
  • Batgirl
  • Green Lantern Corps
  • The Flash: Flashpoint
  • Wonder Woman 2
Old 07-23-2017, 02:39 AM   #2227
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

So no Cyborg, Black Adam, Gotham City Sirens, Man of Steel II, or Nightwing. Must be in their 'phase two' plans...

~//V\\~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:18 AM   #2228
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
So no Cyborg, Black Adam, Gotham City Sirens, Man of Steel II, or Nightwing. Must be in their 'phase two' plans...

~//V\\~
I'd hope so. Also they seem to have replaced Flash with Flashpoint, which seems to be more of case them not being able to actually have a real Flash director attached for too long.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:46 AM   #2229
Space Cop
The Dandy

Flashpoint is a strange story to choose for film adaptation. It seems like it really depends on the audience having a firm grasp on what is normal for all the characters.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
—Isaiah 9:6
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #2230
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

It's gonna be their way to fix earlier mistakes in their film universe just like they did with Flashpoint on the CW shows. It's a good move.

~//V\\~
Old 07-23-2017, 04:43 PM   #2231
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I've watched it like 10 times now... this link is a trailer plus breakdown. At the 3:15 mark under that airplane... a green glow...

COULD HAL JORDAN GET THE RING IN THIS FLICK?!?

EDIT: I can NEVER get these ***damn youtube tags to work...

~//V\\~
i got your back dog, just next time take the s out of the http

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #2232
Gray Lantern
Senior Corps Member

Yeah, that JL trailer didn't make me more excited for this movie. Looks like I'll wait for it to pop up on Netflix. It's nice that WW is becoming a bigger part of the ad campaign though.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #2233
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Trailer looks awful to me.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:32 AM   #2234
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lantern View Post
Yeah, that JL trailer didn't make me more excited for this movie. Looks like I'll wait for it to pop up on Netflix. It's nice that WW is becoming a bigger part of the ad campaign though.
Isn't Netflix still getting bought out by Disney/Marvel? If so you'll likely never see it. A lot of the WB animation and stuff will be removed on Aug. 1st, presumably to make people wanna get the DC streaming service.

I hope their whole library is on there. Challenge of the Superfriends, Batman TAS in its entirety, etc...

~//V\\~
Old 07-24-2017, 02:23 PM   #2235
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

Did anyone catch the line of "No Lanterns, no Kryptonian"? At least that's what I thought I heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #2236
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Yeah man, EVERYBODY heard that. Pause it around 3:15 and you can see a green glow under an airplane...

~//V\\~
Old 07-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #2237
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

I don't think that green glow has anything to do with GL though.
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #2238
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

And for everyone that hated it, what would you have like to have seen?
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:48 PM   #2239
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

The only remaining interest I have in this movie is if Green Lantern makes a surprise appearance in the film. Not sure how they would have both GL AND Superman act as the cavalry at the end, but maybe they will do something like that (DC: New Frontier pulled that idea off pretty well). I'll just let myself be spoiled and if I hear GL is in it, I'll go see it. Otherwise this looks like a turd I can pass on.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:58 PM   #2240
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chosen" View Post
And for everyone that hated it, what would you have like to have seen?
Hated the trailer you mean? Too choppy, seems like a rock and roll, Michael Bay kind of production. Too cheesy. The Flash really grinds my gears, and I can't get over how bad he is. I just want to punch him every second he's on screen. The whole trailer looks like it was done by people that don't get superheroes, much less the JLA. The tone is so wrong. Alfred is so miscast. Cyborg doesn't look good. Steppenwolf kind of looks impressive but the trailer doesn't do a good job of conveying what the JLA is even trying to stop. It seems like Bruce Wayne is a super agent putting together a motley crew of badasses to go on a mission like a war movie. Like super hero movies done by people who don't know anything about the comics they are adapting. Everything just feels wrong.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:02 PM   #2241
Space Cop
The Dandy

I'm not as negative as BDD, but I will say that Flash joke didn't work for me. It was done and I thought "oh, that was supposed to be some kind of joke punchline to the trailer." So, he's definitely not working for me in look or attitude.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:11 PM   #2242
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

They clearly had never heard of the Flash when they booked this chick to play him. It reminds me of the Fox version of Quicksilver in one of the X Men movies, that had nothing to do with the comic version. They just created something they thought would be amusing for that specific movie. That's what they are doing here with the movie Flash. I thought tv Barry was completely wrong, but he looks like gold compared to this.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:35 PM   #2243
Space Cop
The Dandy

^Yeah, he seems more Peter Parker than Barry Allen. And I'm tired of Peter Parker.

Last edited by Space Cop; 07-24-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:36 PM   #2244
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Yeah man, EVERYBODY heard that. Pause it around 3:15 and you can see a green glow under an airplane...

~//V\\~
i don't think that is what you think it is, i think it's just what it is a light that just happens to be green and nothing more

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:30 PM   #2245
Gray Lantern
Senior Corps Member

Quote:
Isn't Netflix still getting bought out by Disney/Marvel? If so you'll likely never see it. A lot of the WB animation and stuff will be removed on Aug. 1st, presumably to make people wanna get the DC streaming service.

I hope their whole library is on there. Challenge of the Superfriends, Batman TAS in its entirety, etc...

~//V\\~
When the options are pay money to see this movie or possibly see it on a streaming service I already pay for, I'll take my chances as this trailer left me with next to no confidence in this film. This isn't the coming together of characters that I'd have wanted growing up. Heck, most of the characters don't even feel like the characters. Fresh takes are great and all, but the only good will this series has built up so far was the WW movie.

When the trailer mentioned Superman being a beacon of hope, all I wanted to see was an Arrested Development style switch to "Footage not found."
Old 07-25-2017, 07:05 PM   #2246
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I liked the Justice League trailer. There are some great character moments, especially from the Flash with "...I usually just push people" and "they all left. That's pretty rude."

I look forward to seeing these characters "come together, right now." It may not be the best, but I think it will be memorable and a milestone in comic book films.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:08 AM   #2247
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I'm not as negative as BDD, but I will say that Flash joke didn't work for me. It was done and I thought "oh, that was supposed to be some kind of joke punchline to the trailer." So, he's definitely not working for me in look or attitude.
He seems more like JL cartoon Wally West than classic comic Barry Allen, but I'll reserve judgment on that for now. However, despite the speed force effects looking good, I dislike that costume. It's too busy, and there is far too much black on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
I liked the Justice League trailer. There are some great character moments, especially from the Flash with "...I usually just push people" and "they all left. That's pretty rude."

I look forward to seeing these characters "come together, right now." It may not be the best, but I think it will be memorable and a milestone in comic book films.
Even if it's not everything that I want, I've simply spent too much of my life with these characters not be extremely excited. This movie is about 15 years overdue.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:39 PM   #2248
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post

Even if it's not everything that I want, I've simply spent too much of my life with these characters not be extremely excited. This movie is about 15 years overdue.
WORD!

From the reports I've been gathering, it would appear that Zach Snyder might lose his director's credit for Justice League, meaning that Joss Whedon will be credited as director of the film as he would have directed/filmed more than 50% of the final cut of the film.

The Barry Allen humor from the latest trailer certainly feels like Whedon's work.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:27 PM   #2249
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Gotham City Sirens: David Ayer Signals He’s Still On Board
Old 07-27-2017, 10:00 PM   #2250
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I would rather they had started from scratch, and not use anything Snyder had in the can. And dumped the Flash.