The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 01:31 PM   #651
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

This would kinda suck and if the WB stuff was taken away from Netflix I'd most likely end my subscription.

~M~
Old 11-15-2016, 01:54 PM   #652
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Wow. Really? There's a zillion things on Netflix man!
Old 11-15-2016, 03:16 PM   #653
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
This is interesting news that leads me to more questions than excitement. Which Inhuman characters will they be featuring? Will it still be Daisy? Will it be Daisy and Kamala Khan? Will it be the classic Royal Family/team of Inhumans? Will Marvel Studios officially drop any hope of a proper Inhumans film? What will be the tone of the series? I need to know all of these things.

Disney must love the game of Monopoly because they're just buying everything up. I see the all the plus and minuses to this. Netflix will definitely be streaming all Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilms and Marvel movies.

I doubt they'll drop any WB or other movie studios from their services because from the comments from Pixar, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilms, Disney allows those companies to operate pretty much as usual before they were bought out.

Good for Ryan Reynolds to put his foot down and take ownership of his passion project.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:55 PM   #654
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Old 11-15-2016, 10:56 PM   #655
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote me on this. ABC won't do a Ghostrider show, at least not with that one.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:30 PM   #656
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post

I hope not. Glaring flaws and all, I love Agents of SHIELD. I love the characters more than any one story, but if this proves to be true I hope that at least the agents get cameos and whatnot on the other shows. Also, I'll be interested to see how many if any Inhumans carry over from AoS, Daisy especially, if they do go this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Quote me on this. ABC won't do a Ghostrider show, at least not with that one.

They did already show either Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch, so it could feature or even star one of them, depending on which way they go with the storyline if they go forward with the project.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:48 PM   #657
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Probably would've checked out Inhumans if it was on Netflix but I have like 0 interest with it being on ABC.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:13 AM   #658
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Same

Old 11-16-2016, 01:07 PM   #659
W.West

If Ghostrider ends up on ABC then I'll take that as Marvel not having much faith in it. lol
Old 11-16-2016, 04:02 PM   #660
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Probably would've checked out Inhumans if it was on Netflix but I have like 0 interest with it being on ABC.
I have slightly more interest only because of the IMax premiere. ABC is putting money into the first two episodes and I'm more than likely going to check them out. If not on IMax for sure on TV once it airs for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
I hope not. Glaring flaws and all, I love Agents of SHIELD. I love the characters more than any one story, but if this proves to be true I hope that at least the agents get cameos and whatnot on the other shows. Also, I'll be interested to see how many if any Inhumans carry over from AoS, Daisy especially, if they do go this route.
Daisy is a must have. If Agents of SHIELD get axed, they better find a way to bring Bobbie and Hunter back onto the team. They got screwed.

As for the Inhumans TV show, at some point there better be a Kamala Khan cameo.

Quote:
Quote me on this.
Just did. What do I win?

Quote:
ABC won't do a Ghostrider show, at least not with that one.
I don't know. I believe ratings spiked for Agents of SHIELD when Ghostrider appeared. Moreover, it's a Latino character, so YAY! diversity!
Old 11-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #661
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 11-19-2016, 04:22 PM   #662
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

‘Deadpool 2:’ David Leitch on Board to Direct
Quote:
“John Wick” co-director David Leitch has been brought on board “Deadpool 2,” replacing director Tim Miller, TheWrap has learned.

Leitch is best known for his stunt work, but turned in an impressive directorial debut with the 2014 Keanu Reeves action film, which he co-directed with Chad Stahelski. Leitch recently left “John Wick 2” in order to prep the Charlize Theron spy film “The Coldest City.”
Old 11-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #663
W.West

Quote:
David Leitch Joins "Deadpool 2", FOX Looking for Director for "Deadpool 3"

They are so stupid its frustratingly funny. I am truly amazed at the functioning of this studio.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:10 PM   #664
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

"One of 23 female led titles in production, more than any other comic publisher..."

That's actually a pretty bold move. That'd take almost half of DC's 52 book line. It'll be interesting to see what lasts.

~M~
Old 11-22-2016, 01:11 AM   #665
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
The Inhuman Royal Family will receive their own ongoing series spinning out of "RessurXion," the follow-up to Inhumans Vs. X-Men and Death of X. Royals, by writer Al Ewing and former Teen Titans artist Jonboy Meyers, stars Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, and Crystal of the Inhuman Royal Family, as well as newer Inhumans Flint and Swain, and the Kree (and Young Avengers alum) Marvel Boy.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:32 AM   #666
W.West

‘Avengers’ and ‘X-Men’ Crossover Is an “Impossibility,” Says Marvel’s Kevin Feige
Old 11-23-2016, 06:32 PM   #667
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 11-24-2016, 12:07 AM   #668
Fearless
Agent Orange

...I-I didn't think it would happen... Some small part of me knew it would happen someday, but I didn't want to believe it... the dilution of one of my all-time favorite series... down to this.

Also, the idea that *THAT* iteration of Karnak would take orders from anyone (who isn't Inhuman royalty) is straight laughable; this is the dude that gave Ulysses a room and training at the queen's personal request, and still threw the little shit in a straight dungeon with no bed and a single bucket.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:32 PM   #669
W.West

To be fair, when Secret Warriors came out, no one knew it would be great. It too featured a random bunch of nobodies.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:36 PM   #670
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Marvel fan finds another Easter egg in GOTG
Old 11-24-2016, 10:49 PM   #671
W.West

If Gunn really is lying then he'd better claim that was it. lol
Old 11-25-2016, 03:03 AM   #672
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
To be fair, when Secret Warriors came out, no one knew it would be great. It too featured a random bunch of nobodies.

...Does it make me sound unreasonable if I say that I know that this series isn't going to be any good? The original Secret Warriors had a lot going for it; true, it was a cast of nobodies, but it was a cast held together by Marvel mainstays, deep lore and a tightly-wound spy narrative. Add in the talents of Jonathan Hickman and a slew of great artists, and I would've guessed it was bound to be a hit.

I mean, I like Rosenberg. I've enjoyed his indie stuff as well as his brief foray into Marvel thus far, but... it didn't even occur to me that that was Daisy Johnson from the LAST Secret Warriors leading this new book and new team of Secret Warriors; does that say nothing about the tone that this book looks like it's trying to convey? I'm not saying that it can't be good, it very well might be, but... compared to the original?

I don't know. I'm rambling...
Old 11-25-2016, 01:14 PM   #673
W.West

Marvel’s ‘Inhumans’ TV Series Won’t Use ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ VFX
Old 12-04-2016, 01:51 AM   #674
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:59 AM   #675
IonFan
Forum Member

^ HA! posted it 1st

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
Closed Thread