Writer: Cullen Bunn
    Artist: Javier Pina

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Three stars.

Artwork was slightly better this issue. But we still get way too much flashbacks from John Stewart in Afghanistan. Guy's pissed, and he's not afraid to tell it to everybody.

GLs die this issue. Thankfully none of the ones the readers remember. But it's getting close.

Once again, I'm reminded how in the 1980s GL rings had a "reserve" that would auto-protect the GLs even after the 24 hours expired. Here, 0% means your uniform turns back to whatever it was beforehand, and you have nothing. All the GLs need some kind of backup - from spacesuits to force fields.

We've seen two things that Relic never mentioned - the "cleaners" antibodies in this universe, and the "light pirates" that collect Lantern energy but never seem to do anything with it. Both are overpowered, and detract from the Lost story. We also have several unanswered questions - what are the Central Power Pyramids, and why do they change from one color to another? Why are the Lightsmiths so scattered that mere pirates can capture them, when they should be massive amounts of Lightsmiths?

With the news that GL: Lost Army is being cancelled with issue #8, I'm afraid none of this is going to be answered or the GLs saved in time.

Comment

Pretty decent issue.

I love B'dg's moment to shine.

This issue also brings up an interesting point about language barriers. Since the GLC so often work together in the post-Johns era and since they so often seem to be depleted, perhaps ring slingers should learn a common language (at least those who vocalize)? Maltusian? Or perhaps some basic signing (like military units use)?

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Pretty decent issue.

I love B'dg's moment to shine.

This issue also brings up an interesting point about language barriers. Since the GLC so often work together in the post-Johns era and since they so often seem to be depleted, perhaps ring slingers should learn a common language (at least those who vocalize)? Maltusian? Or perhaps some basic signing (like military units use)?
        I vote for esperanto. (Go Red Dwarf!)

It would make sense that Relic doesn't know about this antibodies thingy since he's native to the past universe. Come to think of it, when he he survive the collapse of his native universe, he was "reborn" into the current DCU, sort of like Galactus but ended up in that interstellar "egg" anyway.

Comment

We've already seen Interlac in written form in GL. (the language introduced in "Legion of Super-Heroes." ) Only makes sense if they use the spoken version as well.

Comment

Working...
          X