Agent Carter Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent Carter Season 3

Hey guys... what's the deal with Agent Carter season 3? I'm still watching season 2 so no spoilers for season 2 please!

No one seems to know whether it's happening or whether there were plans and now it's cancelled? The rumors are all over the shop. I just don't know what's happening? Does Marvel and/or ABC even know?

-Lantern Barker
    Sector 2814

- Lantern Barker
    Sector 2814

Wait Agent Carter had a season 2? When did that happen?

Comment

Yeah! It happened last year I think..
      - Lantern Barker
      Sector 2814

Comment

Originally posted by LanternDBarker View Post
        Hey guys... what's the deal with Agent Carter season 3? I'm still watching season 2 so no spoilers for season 2 please!

No one seems to know whether it's happening or whether there were plans and now it's cancelled? The rumors are all over the shop. I just don't know what's happening? Does Marvel and/or ABC even know?

-Lantern Barker
        Sector 2814

Still up in the air but the actor that plays Peggy herself signed on for a new pilot, for a different show next season. Not a good sign, if that show gets picked up then who knows? However if she were confident that Agent Carter was returning I doubt she would have made that move. Agent Carter's ratings seem close to Agents of Shield which has been renewed but not because of it's great ratings but because it is part of the ABC/Disney/Marvel umbrella so it is semi protected. However Marvel's good will wasn't/isn't (at least not yet) great enough to get Season 3 of Agent Carter green lit or that supposed Mockingbird spinoff.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Marvelous Iggy View Post
          Wait Agent Carter had a season 2? When did that happen?

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
            Still up in the air but the actor that plays Peggy herself signed on for a new pilot, for a different show next season. Not a good sign, if that show gets picked up then who knows? However if she were confident that Agent Carter was returning I doubt she would have made that move. Agent Carter's ratings seem close to Agents of Shield which has been renewed but not because of it's great ratings but because it is part of the ABC/Disney/Marvel umbrella so it is semi protected. However Marvel's good will wasn't/isn't (at least not yet) great enough to get Season 3 of Agent Carter green lit or that supposed Mockingbird spinoff.
            sadly, I think the most telling facet of this was ABC burning off S2 as they did with double-eps showings to get it off the air faster (on top of all the other reasons U've already mentioned.) /sigh

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Well, Hayley Atwell has confirmed that her appearance in the other show will not prevent her from being in Agent Carter Season 3, if it DOES get another season. She said that she is willing and able to do both and that ABC supports making that happen should the situation arise.

However, any reports that it WILL get another season (and I found several articles saying that) don't seem to rise above the level of rumor at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                Yo.

sadly, I think the most telling facet of this was ABC burning off S2 as they did with double-eps showings to get it off the air faster (on top of all the other reasons U've already mentioned.) /sigh

Tazer
                Yeah, they were definitely interested in keeping AoS's schedule ready for Civil War, but rather than double up on it, they dumped on Agent Carter.

Honestly, I'm not sure there should be a season 3. Season 1 was really solid, but season 2 was only okay. One of the things I liked in season 1 was her constantly trying to overcome the sexism of the era. In season 2, there was basically none of that. The producers knew that they were on the bubble for season 2, so they really should have went all out, but they didn't. I just found myself not caring about most of it, watching more out of a sense of completion than enjoyment. To be fair, I do this a bit with AoS too. With that show, it at least sees fit to reward me with MCU tie-ins on occasion.
                MEH

Comment

Working...
                X