The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 10-11-2017, 07:41 PM   #926
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I liked the premiere, though how much I continue to like it will depend on whether all the mysterious junk that happened gets a good explanation down the line. I'm really hoping that this season will take a break from the time travel stuff.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:35 PM   #927
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

I think Barry should change his name to "The Streak"......

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:15 PM   #928
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Iris standing directly in front of and talking to a crazy, speed-forced Barry did nothing, but it took Joe saying, "Iris is in trouble" for Barry to snap out of it? *scratches head* The less you think about things on this show, the better off you are.

I'm just glad there are no speedster villains this season, and hopefully, a moratorium on time travel. I hope they address how Caitlin regained control of her abilities without an amulet. Looks like she made some kind of deal with the Thinker. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be like the last baddie.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:15 AM   #929
Tazer

Yo.

wow, who knew that fragments of a grenades metal shell were the only thing ya had to worry about when it explodes 5ft from yur position..... :/

also, how'd Barry not know that Kwon had left an attempted murder scene?

loved the Ollie -mention

thnx to that 2nd couples therapy session, Iris goes right back towards being the most annoying gf on tv......ever; that aside, claiming that shes also the Flash, along w/Barry, becuz "she put on that ring" is horrible writing & gives her a COMPLETELY AWFUL sense of entitlement.

lastly, am VERY disappointed in that they apparently took the "extraterrestrial-ness" out of Kilg%res origin, and decided to make the Turtle into some kind of low-rent Metron; this is gonna bug me all season, I just know it.
:/

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #930
Mister Ed

The Turtle? I thought it was The Thinker.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #931
Tazer

Yo.

....gomen nasai, Im mistaken.

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-25-2017, 04:15 PM   #932
Tazer

Yo.

best thing about this eps was Harry coming back

Barry wouldve skidded past that truck off-loading the marbles, not almost dead-stop right in front of it.

cant Barry just fix the house, pipes and all, for nothing?

isnt Blue Valley where Max Mercury lives?

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-25-2017, 06:05 PM   #933
Mister Ed

Barry is fast, but that doesn't mean he's got plumbing or carpentry skills. If we assume that he can just read a book real fast and get those skills, then we have to ask why he isn't just an expert in everything.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:33 PM   #934
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I'm kind of glad Wally is leaving. Two speedsters on the team is redundant and they always make him look like a weaker, lesser sidekick anyway, especially when it comes to stopping metas. Perhaps he'll end up in LoT. He would be a better fit on that team.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:47 PM   #935
Mister Ed

What made me cringe most about the last episode is that ONCE AGAIN, we are going to have a season where the driving force of the ongoing plot is that there's some problem Barry and his pals CAUSED that they have to work to fix. I'm a bit tired of the underlying motivation of guilt for Flash.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #936
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I stopped after the season premiere. The writing is just so bad on the show. I mean, it always HAS been, but it's just worn me out. I have been recording the show to watch with my son, and he walked out of the room 15 minutes before the end, bored. I figured, if he isn't up for it, I'm not sitting through this dreck alone. Haven't watched it since.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:08 AM   #937
Tazer

Yo.

Machete? FUCKING WIN!!

making Sisko piss his pants over Machete? lame. Im tired of him choosing flight over fight since he has powers..... :/

Im SOOOOOOO not a fan of them giving Ralph a shitty backstory, but the nose wiggle was a nice touch

WHY DA FUCK DOES BARRY ALWAYS NEED TO SOLICIT HELP FROM OTHERS BY REVEALING HIS IDENTITY!?!??

they got "Cynthia" right, but "Josh" wrong; I wonder if they just didnt bother after *whoever* looked up Gypsy's name?.

wow, so Ralph has stretching AND super-strength....or atleast, logic-negation powers?? :/

why didnt Barry capture those 2 enforcers after him & Joe picked up Ralph?

lastly, I thought the cigar scene was pretty well done....

Tazer

Quote:
Old 11-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #938
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I thought it was cool to acknowledge that Marvel Comics exists in the CW DCTV Universe when one of the characters referenced that Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost is like the Incredible Hulk.

Last edited by Darth_Primus; 11-20-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:14 AM   #939
Evergreen City
Corps Den Mother

And getting out of the current cement mixer would be a breeze for Ralph Dibney, if Ralph were being written like he really was Ralph. The murder weapon could NOT have been wielded by Barry Allen. Sure, his fingerprints were all over it. He picked it up with his right hand. His thumb was toward the blade. To plunge it into the bad guy's chest, he would have to have held it with his thumb AWAY from the blade. Grasped. With leverage. A twelve year old could be writing this plot line. Any competent CSI would have seen that in a second. He's got to be in his dad's prison cell for a reason. Only a GL can rescue him now.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.
Evergreen City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #940
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen City View Post
And getting out of the current cement mixer would be a breeze for Ralph Dibney, if Ralph were being written like he really was Ralph. The murder weapon could NOT have been wielded by Barry Allen. Sure, his fingerprints were all over it. He picked it up with his right hand. His thumb was toward the blade. To plunge it into the bad guy's chest, he would have to have held it with his thumb AWAY from the blade. Grasped. With leverage. A twelve year old could be writing this plot line. Any competent CSI would have seen that in a second. He's got to be in his dad's prison cell for a reason. Only a GL can rescue him now.
I kept waiting for somebody to point out that Barry had no injuries of any kind that would explain the DNA under the victim's fingernails. You don't get measurable DNA under your nails from just patting somebody on the back, you need to actually scratch them hard enough to make a mark, surely?

It seems like Barry, as a CSI, should have had the expertise to at least cast a bit of doubt on the forensic evidence, since we know it WAS planted. It almost seems like Barry just gave up, figuring that DeVoe was just too smart for him.

Also lacking from the prosecution's case was any hint of a real motive. Sloppy.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:40 PM   #941
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I was just about to say that the prosecution's case didn't reveal any motive for the murder. Also the defense didn't try and destroy the credibility of any of the witnesses or even offer an alternative suspect. Anyway, it was just a means to an end to where Barry would end up in jail.

In thinking that, being in prison technically wouldn't prevent Barry from fighting crime as he could easily vibrate in and out of prison at will.

At least Barry is fighting a speedster this season.

Happy Joe didn't do something stupid, too bad his daughter isn't that smart.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:13 PM   #942
Mister Ed

Heck, from what we SAW of the trial, Barry's defense lawyer did such a bad job that I'd expect it to hurt her standing professionally.

(For that matter, isn't she the DA of Central City? Does the DA even DO criminal defense? Wouldn't it at least raise eyebrows to have her in that role?)

Doing a quick Google search, I've found people pointing out SO MANY problems with the trial. Like why didn't anybody determine the time of death, thus giving Barry an alibi since he was with a bunch of other people at that time? Where was DeVoe's wheelchair, if he had really gone to Barry's apartment on his own initiative? Also, Cecile could well have moved for a mistrial based on the judge demonstrating pre-judgment by telling Barry to "be there for the sentencing" when there hadn't even been a verdict yet.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 01-17-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #943
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

The trial was ridiculously rushed and all over the place. Cecile seemed like the worst defense attorney of all time. She didn't even provide a statement of Barry's character or call character witnesses; during the whole trial, she looked incompetent and completely unprepared. I would guess that the trial was seriously edited for time as Barry probably won't be locked up for more than two episodes anyway.

The best part of this episode was Ralph using reverse-psychology when Joe was thinking of planting evidence.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:58 PM   #944
Mister Ed

They almost would have been better off not showing the trial at all (or showing it as a montage with little detail) because what we got was so stupid it made Central City's justice system look like a joke. No point in showing us how he was convicted if it is going to be that slapdash.

Or better yet, they should have shown Cecile mounting an effective defense, but have him be convicted anyway in a twist, because DeVoe had found a way, using his towering intellect, to ensure the verdict he wanted no matter what happened at trial. (Something like "Sherlock" did with Moriarty's trial, if you've watched that show.) As it stands, it looks like DeVoe isn't particularly clever, just lucky that everybody else is behaving so stupidly.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 01-18-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:13 PM   #945
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Wow, maybe I ought to start watching this.

But I saw a pic of the Elongated Man and he looks like he's about 12, so...
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:37 PM   #946
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Barry going to prison allows Ralph to get the spotlight for a possible spinoff series.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:53 AM   #947
Tazer

Yo.

so, are we always going to have to deal w/Ralph having confidence issues?

not too enthused with them making him more Plasticman, but watevs...

grew a smile at the "Gingold on the rocks..." -line.

also, am I the only 1 thinking Kaitlin & Ralph might be a thing?

hey, did we leave Big Sir in prison?

and lastly: is Devoe now considered transgendered?!??

Tazer

Quote:
Old 02-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #948
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post

hey, did we leave Big Sir in prison?

Not unless the Chinese imprisoned him for illegally immigrating. Barry broke him out and ran him to that place in China he told Barry about.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #949
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post

and lastly: is Devoe now considered transgendered?!??
Perhaps. At this point I get the feeling that Devoe is becoming less and less human to the point where he might not give any consideration to gender, and consider physical bodies to be merely a convenience.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:01 PM   #950
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Not unless the Chinese imprisoned him for illegally immigrating. Barry broke him out and ran him to that place in China he told Barry about.
*slaps forehead*

Im a dunce; Id completely forgotten he'd done that and it was only a week ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Perhaps. At this point I get the feeling that Devoe is becoming less and less human to the point where he might not give any consideration to gender, and consider physical bodies to be merely a convenience.
perhaps; the new dynamic hes in now with the wife IS something Id be interested to see run for a bit if only to see if he picks up on how less attractive his wife continues to regard him with all the body-swapping hes done (plus, Im curious to see if they address whether or not they consummate their love with his *current* form..... )

Tazer

Quote: