The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 07-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #26
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by everflight View Post
I wasn't even aware of the raffle. i was so pissed when i walked up to buy one and the guy asked for my ticket. anyone got a green or blue they wanna sell?

I'm looking at you sylent
As I stated in the thread I created, I'm looking to trade for a Red Lantern which is why I obtained so many others. Once I've completed my two sets, I'll sell the others below what eBay is charging. Be warned- there are quite a few people on that waiting list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrash1015 View Post

If any of you want to trade for the Red one, I'll trade for 2 figures, not one (any of the colors).
So you want TWO for ONE? No thanks. They all cost the same and aside from the Green, they're limited to the same number of pieces.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #27
buzz
Major Force's Dinner Date

ok this sucks i am stuck here in nc on the outher side of the world and can not get a blue one.
buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
True, but it doesn't have that ridicules symbol floater on it, and it it is a more metallic green. Plus it is in limited packaging.
Do the wrists move?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #29
carcrash1015

I actually like the Superman/Batman Hal Jordan, it's not as shiny, but it still has a good paint job and I actually like the symbol that pops out of his chest. =)

If I really wanted him to shine more, I'd paint him myself lol

carcrash1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #30
Guka2814
Green Lantern Initiate

im waiting for my set to come in the mail.. i cant wait.. i might try and get another green
Old 07-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #31
GreenFlame
Kilowog's Recruit

Just got my Blue Hal on ebay. I got it for $86 plus shipping. A little pricy, but damn if I didn't want it. Can't wait until it gets here.

"Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior." - Friedrich Nietzsche
GreenFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #32
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

kinda feel sad about this. im on the east coast so i didnt go to the con obviously, but that doesnt really bother me, east coast fans wont be given a chance to get these figures unless theyre willing to drop huge sums on ebay. not cool in my opinion
Old 07-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #33
Tach
Corpse Trainee

A little? That's quadruple the original cost, man! Wow!

I satisfied that I have my 5. I'll probably end up opening them for display once I get space for them- with the rest of my GL Corps.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #34
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
kinda feel sad about this. im on the east coast so i didnt go to the con obviously, but that doesnt really bother me, east coast fans wont be given a chance to get these figures unless theyre willing to drop huge sums on ebay. not cool in my opinion
Due to the high demand and the insane price they're fetching on eBay, I think they'll be re-released at some point. Graphitti/DC Direct would be crazy not to capitalize on this opportunity to cash in.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #35
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

i hope ur right
Old 07-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #36
Tremas
Alan's Drycleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post

Well I'm on the east coast as well (and roughly just south of the middle of nowhere) but I did pick up a full set.

However, I know exactly how you feel. If you look to how the Doctor Who SDCC exclusives have been handled for the last 3 years, here is a perfect model for how the GL exclusives should be sold;

1. DC announces the exclusives
2. Retailers are allowed to order a set number of figures for sale on-line starting the first day of the con; this mostly eliminates huge lines of resellers sucking the life out the fans waiting in line at the convention.
3. The manufaturer also displays and sells the figures at their SDCC booth.

There's really no good argument for making these figures convention only exclusives, given that in doing so, the exhibitor is swamped with non-GL minions looking to extort the fans.

The best recourse here is for all of us to write to DC and let them know how we feel.
Tremas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #37
Guka2814
Green Lantern Initiate

yeah im guessing we will get a 5 pack of them sometime down the road and when we do im going to kick myself for pay 250 for my set... and TorchBearer2814 where u at in ny?
Old 07-30-2009, 11:54 PM   #38
Lord Malvolio
Corps Honor Guard

Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Malvolio

What needed to happen, is have the number they did at the Con, then AFTER the con, sell them (non-comic con package) on the DC website or Matty Collector or some other site for a REASONABLE price! DC knows GL sells.

Last edited by Lord Malvolio; 07-31-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Lord Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:56 PM   #39
Lord Malvolio
Corps Honor Guard

Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Malvolio

Ugh, just saw a Red on ebay with a buy it now for $85!!! So tempting.....

I have a feeling, the green's will start to level out at the $25-$35 range. The colored ones, those may come down a tad to the $45 range or they will continue to climb, to over $100 a pop. We do have to relize these are LIMITED edition figures to 1,500 each color (save green). Remember the crazy prices of the ultra limited Hal of the JLU line? I know it sucks, but hopefully, DCD will make these available in a five pack down the road. Must.....use.....willpower..... to wait!

Last edited by Lord Malvolio; 07-31-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Lord Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:09 AM   #40
mrjasontodd
Mario C

screw a five pack, i want an 8 pack with all the colors and black!
mrjasontodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:11 AM   #41
Thaal Jordan
Green Lantern Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
Due to the high demand and the insane price they're fetching on eBay, I think they'll be re-released at some point. Graphitti/DC Direct would be crazy not to capitalize on this opportunity to cash in.
Has this happened before? Limited edition comic con exclusives getting re-released? Since I'm also stuck with the same dilemma along with countless others here, this is what I am hoping for. But I really have no idea if something like that had already happened before. So if anyone knows, please go ahead and enlighten us.
Thaal Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:26 AM   #42
gl2814h
Hal's Understudy

Last year dc direct had a joker in a straight jacket and a batman packaged just like the green lanterns. They were not limited by a number though. Diamond gave retailers the batman as a gift for christmas. Dc direct is now released both in the Batman Arkham Asylum box set. They are slightly different. The original release Joker had blue hospital pants the new one in the box set has prision orange. The Batman is darker colors. So there is hope. But i bet a lot depends on the contract with Graphitti Designs. These were dc direct figures but they were sold and distributed by Graphitti and that may be a problem when releasing them later.
gl2814h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:57 AM   #43
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
What needed to happen, is have the number they did at the Con, then AFTER the con, sell them (non-comic con package) on the DC website or Matty Collector or some other site for a REASONABLE price! DC knows GL sells.
Prediction: It will be rereleased in a 4 pack minus the Green, The Green will be a true con exclusive. and yeah I say that rather then the ticket you should have had to recite the oath for each color each day. The did that with the John Minimate.

There wont be an issue with Graphitti, they make all of there money from DC licensed shirts, they piss DC off, they fold
Old 07-31-2009, 03:24 AM   #44
TEN_RINGS
Weaponer of Qward

why dont i start my own thread "Who didnt get the comic con exclusive HAL JORDAN ".........i bet then that thread would have 11 pages of responses.....yes im mad ....yes i want them .......i feel like larfleeze mine mine mine mine.....
TEN_RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:37 AM   #45
carcrash1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjasontodd View Post
screw a five pack, i want an 8 pack with all the colors and black!
Hell yeah, I want an 8 pack too! lol =D

Old 08-01-2009, 06:35 AM   #46
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

I want one so badly, anyone willing to be so nice to send me one for my birthday? please it's next Saturday or atleast sell me one?

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:42 AM   #47
Duskdog

I got lucky and snagged a yellow for a decent price, but now that I have it, I'm torn between opening it up for that yellow ring (and to display Hal next to Sinestro -- "Welcome to the dark side, my son." ) and leaving it boxed. Maybe if the prices even out some on Ebay, I'll snag a second one.

Looking to get a blue, orange, and red eventually, too. I wish I had something of value to trade.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #48
oh the horror

Even the GREEN one is on ebay for 42 dollars? DAMN.

Im telling you guys though, if you be patient and wait a while, those prices WILL go down. NO ONE is bidding on these figures at the prices these fools are TRYING to sell them at....so they'll have no choice but to reduce it down to 20-30 bucks.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #49
Ninty
Star Manphire

Ive got my yellow and green now thanks to MJT for the very speedy delivery
Old 08-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #50
carcrash1015

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninty View Post
Ive got my yellow and green now thanks to MJT for the very speedy delivery
Nice, I'm only missing the blue and orange one, but I'm fine without them. Once I get Saint Walker and Agent Orange I'll be fine with my set. I just really wanted the yellow one and red one. The Sinestro corps is the best, so I needed a yellow Hal to put next to Sinestro!!! And the red one just looks cool and I wanted the ring so bad lol =D