The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 1/Alan Scott/JSA
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 1

Old 08-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #26
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu

Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelantern View Post
So was Alan's power ever really explained? Does he magically tap into the green spectrum or does he just use magical energies that are very similar to the green part of the spectrum?
The only real in depth explanation of Alan's powers I have ever seen was in GL Vol 3 #19. It showed that Alan's powers were a combination of a fragment of the StarHeart and a GLC member named Yalan Gur's soul, ring and battery. Yalan went rogue the Guardians altered his rings weakness from Yellow to wood, some people in China kicked his ass with clubs and he flew off into space dieing when he collided with the starheart and they became one. Falling back to earth as a meteor and that was smelted and formed into a genii type lamp and passed down over the century's and reforged several times till it ended up as a lamp on a train in the 40's. While the majority of Alan's power is magical based I believe it has been shown in the past in pre-COIE stories him charging off Hal's personal battery and even the central core.

Darth_Andrea
Old 12-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #27
TEN_RINGS
Weaponer of Qward

The white light of life , will it defeat the blackness of death?
TEN_RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #28
TheHorseman
Green Lantern Initiate

Well I think that to ignore Alan Scott altogether in this war of light would be downright criminal...
TheHorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #29
ion.nai
existential absurdist

Send a message via MSN to ion.nai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorseman View Post
Well I think that to ignore Alan Scott altogether in this war of light would be downright criminal...
It would... but as an Alan fan you kinda expect to be wowed by him for brief moments.

He deserved a Blackest Night 3 issue mini.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #30
Shingo Wol

Well, he's Featured in BN:JSA at least
Old 01-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #31
Colonel Xonic
The Butcher

Send a message via Skype™ to Colonel Xonic

Very disappointing He's gotten NOTHING in BN. Hardly in JSA even.
Colonel Xonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #32
TheHorseman
Green Lantern Initiate

Perhaps it will turn out that when the Guardians took all the magic from the universe and placed it in the Starheart...that a critical component of the "White LIght of Creation/Life" was lost and without it....all the Rainbow Attacks on Nekron are useless....

...who knows...maybe the final solution will involve one Lantern wearing all the rings...plus the Starheart ring....maybe even Alan himself as he may in fcat be the most incorruptable of all th earth-based lanterns...
TheHorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #33
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

Does Alan Scott really matter in todays comics medium. If you didnt read JSA, you would think he wasnt even around in the DCU
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:14 AM   #34
twoeightonefour
Weaponer of Qward

Alan Scott is a vital part of the Green Lantern Legacy. The one thing I really loved about the Green Lantern mythos is the aspect of legacy. It used to be Alan was the past, Hal was the present and Kyle was the future. I loved that part of the idea, it had the same feel as the Flash mythos which also kept the past/present/future aspect. I think the lack of Alan himself is more writers unsure where to go with his character and less his importance in the overall DCU. Alan is "grandpa", Alan is experience and Alan has a connection to the green light that is separate of Oa, that is in itself unique despite any retcons that have/will occur. You cannot wipe out the past the same way you cannot look towards the future. I would have loved to have seen Kyle teamed up with Alan, not to learn how to be a Green Lantern per se but to learn how to be a hero. I think Alan's ultimate destiny in the new DCU is as a mentor and I hope some writer figures that out and put the character to use.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #35
Shingo Wol

Hopefully he wont be forgotten
Old 02-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #36
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu

Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea

Hope they bring Alan into the whole thing more than they have so far in BN JSA #3 cause as it stands he's had hardly any real major role and as the JSA's ring slinger he should be more prominent.

Darth_Andrea