The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:35 AM   #51
Godmera
Champion of the World

Send a message via AIM to Godmera Send a message via Yahoo to Godmera

Got the GL 2pk at Toys R Us, and a couple of KB's by me had a bunch of waves 3 and 4 and my LCS got wave 4. There were no Batman Beyond variants but they had Captain Atom variants at all of them. Still need a Corps Sinestro.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:00 AM   #52
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmera View Post
Got the GL 2pk at Toys R Us, and a couple of KB's by me had a bunch of waves 3 and 4 and my LCS got wave 4. There were no Batman Beyond variants but they had Captain Atom variants at all of them. Still need a Corps Sinestro.
whats the BB variant?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:22 AM   #53
Godmera
Champion of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
whats the BB variant?
No mask.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:13 AM   #54
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

got my gl 2 pack
Old 12-20-2008, 02:51 AM   #55
StrawHatPirate
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Quote:
I've been trying to track down that Batman Beyond variant, too. I've been scouring the couple of KBs in my area with no luck. I've run across tons of regular BB figures, but not that variant. It's still beyond me why Mattel made that and Sonic Arm Cyborg exclusive to KB.

I'm jealous of everyone finding the TRU exclusive two pack. I plan on hitting two different TRUs tomorrow (may have to go for all three in the city at this rate) in the hopes of finally finding one.

Massive thanks to Kuhan for the avatar and sig.

Check Out my Green Lantern collection
Old 12-20-2008, 03:13 AM   #56
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHatPirate View Post
I've been trying to track down that Batman Beyond variant, too. I've been scouring the couple of KBs in my area with no luck. I've run across tons of regular BB figures, but not that variant. It's still beyond me why Mattel made that and Sonic Arm Cyborg exclusive to KB.

I'm jealous of everyone finding the TRU exclusive two pack. I plan on hitting two different TRUs tomorrow (may have to go for all three in the city at this rate) in the hopes of finally finding one.
try to get there at opening
Old 12-20-2008, 03:50 AM   #57
lanternut
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via MSN to lanternut

Is there mob TRU'ers where you guys are at too? I'm not talking parents waiting for the store to open for Christmas gifts, I have a client by one of their stores one Wednesday about a month ago and there was a group of guys waiting for it to open so I thought I would see what it was all about. Doors open and they went ape shit for the Hotwheels.

There's a LCS owner that gives a finders fee to the hot figs and turns and sells them for 25 to 40 bucks. Pissed me off and I found a new shop. Makes it impossible to find anything here.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:05 AM   #58
Darth_Ennis

Yeah I know guys thike these thay are called "runners". Which is just a fancy name for scalper.

They are scum.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:13 AM   #59
Godmera
Champion of the World

Actual I got to Toys R Us in the middle of the day when I got the GL 2pk, I found one of the other 2pks and ask the guy in the action figure area if they had more. He without even checking said no (he didn't seem like he wanted to be there ), so I went to the service desk and the woman there checked and had someone pull a case from the back.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:26 AM   #60
StrawHatPirate

Didn't see it mentioned in the thread any where, but four new two packs were announced late last week: Batman/Clayface, Golden Age Hawkman/Golden Age Hawkgirl, Lex Luthor/Supergirl and Superman/Classic Brainiac. You can check out Batman and Clayface here.

There's also the MattyCollector.com exclusive Adam Strange/Starfire two pack.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:08 AM   #61
lanternut
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via MSN to lanternut

I scored the DCU Infinite Heroes Hal, Black Canary & Green Arrow Three Pack. The Superman Three pack, Batman and Star Staphire yesterday at Target.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:14 AM   #62
GLJIMT

Quote:
Didn't see it mentioned in the thread any where, but four new two packs were announced late last week: Batman/Clayface, Golden Age Hawkman/Golden Age Hawkgirl, Lex Luthor/Supergirl and Superman/Classic Brainiac. You can check out Batman and Clayface here.

blah I have no use for any of these.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:52 AM   #63
Godmera
Champion of the World

Quote:

It looks like someone puked on Batman.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:20 AM   #64
StrawHatPirate

Quote:
It looks like someone puked on Batman.
I personally thought it looked a little more like something else...and we'll just leave it at that.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:29 AM   #65
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

looks like clayface still has the rubber arms
Old 12-24-2008, 02:59 AM   #66
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

anyone having luck finding wave 5
Old 12-24-2008, 03:27 AM   #67
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlantern View Post
anyone having luck finding wave 5
Old 12-24-2008, 03:31 AM   #68
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

i picked up both versions of batman beyond for my brother at a kay bee toys near me in my local mall. So far thats the place that keeps restocking the figures. I had also heard that they were goin to toys r us but not sure. Its incredible they cant get them to other places and make them so hard to find.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:33 AM   #69
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
i picked up both versions of batman beyond for my brother at a kay bee toys near me in my local mall. So far thats the place that keeps restocking the figures. I had also heard that they were goin to toys r us but not sure. Its incredible they cant get them to other places and make them so hard to find.
that is wave 4 - wave 5 is the Walmart exclusive - so far in my entire state, one case has been spotted.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #70
StrawHatPirate

All I've seen of wave 5 has been one lone Riddler that's been haning out at my Wal-Mart for about two weeks now. Only other DCUC figures they've got are partially opened Penguins and Red Tornadoes.

Right now, though, I'm still hunting the GL 2 pack (only ran across the Batgirl/Azrael and Orion/Lightray sets this weekend) and the Batman Beyond variant. Both my local KayBees have a ton of BB, but not that variant.

Last edited by StrawHatPirate; 12-24-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #71
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

I had to buy eradicator on ebay. it also turns out my Local store acme comics will be carrying all non exclusive waves. but the price point is 15.99 a piece so I might be able to start supplying figures to people here. currently they do have wave 4 minus artemis
Old 12-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #72
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlantern View Post
I had to buy eradicator on ebay. it also turns out my Local store acme comics will be carrying all non exclusive waves. but the price point is 15.99 a piece so I might be able to start supplying figures to people here. currently they do have wave 4 minus artemis
Starting with Wave 6 Mattel is also distributing through Diamond so any LCS should be able to get you the figs same as the old Legends.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #73
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

they will also have their own case packs in which each case will have the full wave and guaranteed to have the variant as well
Old 12-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #74
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!

Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017
Exclamation

Wave 4 hit Target stores in my area in large quantities TODAY. On Xmas Eve. I know because I checked yesterday while doing the last of my Xmas shopping and they were not there yesterday.

The stores are only open until 6 PM EST tonight, a little under another hour and a half as I write this. Artemis was well-stocked, and I even saw 1 or 2 of the gold variant Captain Atom figures, as well.

I was not about to wait in line for an hour to pick any up today, but if anyone wants an Artemis or any of the other figures, PM me IMMEDIATELY and I can TRY to grab it for you on Friday morning, but I'm making NO guarantees that they won't sell out tonight.

I've got some other DCUC, JLU and Infinite Heroes finds to report... in my next post. Stay tuned!
Old 12-25-2008, 04:09 AM   #75
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
Wave 4 hit Target stores in my area in large quantities TODAY. On Xmas Eve. I know because I checked yesterday while doing the last of my Xmas shopping and they were not there yesterday.

The stores are only open until 6 PM EST tonight, a little under another hour and a half as I write this. Artemis was well-stocked, and I even saw 1 or 2 of the gold variant Captain Atom figures, as well.

I was not about to wait in line for an hour to pick any up today, but if anyone wants an Artemis or any of the other figures, PM me IMMEDIATELY and I can TRY to grab it for you on Friday morning, but I'm making NO guarantees that they won't sell out tonight.

I've got some other DCUC, JLU and Infinite Heroes finds to report... in my next post. Stay tuned!
god damn it Jack, stop your teasing and spill it!

I found the new Flash from the Superfriends line BTW it appears the Hawkman in that line was cancelled

also I saw a Wave 2 Blue Superman at Target, perhaps this is the run with Jason Rausch Firestrom????