Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Fan Works
FLASHCHAT

About Us

Old 07-10-2008, 06:36 AM   #1
Limelantern
Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

Send a message via Skype™ to Limelantern
Default Post your ring collection

Everyone knows all Green Lantern fans own a few rings. Some wearable, some not. And since I was inspired by finding this guy's collection
http://www.deviantart.com/download/8...tlet101010.jpg

I decided to take a picture of my own collection

So who else has a collection to show off?

Last edited by Limelantern; 07-11-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Limelantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
the power battery

where did you get the sinestro ring
Old 07-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #3
Limelantern

You may have to be a tad more specific......
Old 07-11-2008, 01:31 AM   #4
the power battery

any of them
Old 07-11-2008, 01:38 AM   #5
Limelantern

Expect the one that came with the Sinestro statue, I have made all of them. The brass ones were made with help from a friend of mine in a sand mold several years ago. I was actually inspired to make them just after the bust and ring was releases in 02' I think. The little black and yellow one was my first attempt at molding resing rings. And all of the others were a later attempt at the same thing. The ones with a jewel fromt are the ones that the face did not mold correctly so I dremeled the Parallax symbol off and replaced it with a picture of one with a plactic jewel over it

Old 07-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

I have a few rings but nothing close to your collection. I have a alan scott figure with his ring in it but ... its signed by nodell so I can't open it.
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #7
Kyle Rayner
Hal's Understudy

These are jus the rings from my own mold... and three of them are goign to get sent to their new home soon.

I make kyle rayner rings... contact me for pics and pricing info

draft picks:
1. Terminator T-800 (Indy/Dark Horse)
2. Unicron (Indy/IDW)
3. Ultron (Marvel)
4. Metallo (DC)
5. Freddy Krueger
Kyle Rayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #8
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!

Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017
Exclamation Since you asked...

Since you asked, I'll show off all the rings I've got pictures of... I think there's still one or 2 I need to photograph.

Be warned: This post WILL be image intensive! It is NOT recommended you try to view this post on dial-up!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

The first power ring replica I ever got my hands on was one of the first ones offered...

DC's promotional Glow-in-the-Dark Power Ring that was given away with issues of Green Lantern: Mosaic # 1.

My next replica came to me in 1998, when DC Direct offered their now-famous wearable power ring replica. I was one of the lucky fans that had the foresight to pre-order one in my size from my local comic shop for the issue price ($60, if I remember correctly,) thus avoiding what many fans went through to get one: Paying $400 on eBay!

Then around 2000 or so, EmeraldDawn.Com (run by our very own Lord Malvolio!) was selling some fan-made resin power rings, so I bought a few, including the first ever replica (that I know of) of Sinestro's yellow power ring! ^_^

That's the first version of Sinestro's yellow ring, based on the artwork of Gil Kane!

Then, a couple years later, I bought the ULTIMATE wearable power ring prop... the ring I affectionately refer to as "My Precioussss"....

A 14K GOLD REPLICA OF SINESTRO'S FIRST YELLOW POWER RING! ^_^

Thanks to eBay, I also got my hands on one of the early prototypes for the limited edition GL Power Ring that was given to dealers at the Florida Expo (FX) '96 convention:

Then, of course, DC Direct REALLY made my day, when they released Hal Jordan's Power Battery, complete with a version of his Power Ring! ^_^

And they followed that up with high-quality (but non-wearable) metal power ring props that were sold along with mini-busts of the character that wore that particular ring. I own all 4 in the series:

DC Direct later reissued those 4 rings (with some noticable differences, such as a different color paint, the elimination of the enamel inlay on the Kyle Rayner ring, etc.) in a 5-piece "Kingdom Come Planet Krypton Power Ring Gift Set". The 5th ring? The previously unreleased ring worn by the Crime Syndicate of Amerika member Power Ring! As with the 1998 power ring replica, I pre-ordered this one ahead of time to make sure I got it. Good thing, too, because these also command a hefty price on eBay!

Just last year, I was one of the lucky few that actually RECEIVED the rings I ordered from the infamous GLKING, so here they are:

Also in 2007, I ordered Arroba Silver's GL Corps Class Ring!

And just this week, my latest addition arrived...

That's one of the "blind bagged" promotional rings distributed at the 2006 Sandy Eggo Comic Con!

There's also a Hal Jordan version, which is similarly translucent. I'm working on finding one of those, so that I'll have both.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #9
Kyle Rayner
Hal's Understudy

holy crap, Jack....You're puttin us all to shame.

Well, I can add two more to my tally:

I make kyle rayner rings... contact me for pics and pricing info

draft picks:
1. Terminator T-800 (Indy/Dark Horse)
2. Unicron (Indy/IDW)
3. Ultron (Marvel)
4. Metallo (DC)
5. Freddy Krueger
Kyle Rayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #10
Jack T. Chance

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Rayner View Post
holy crap, Jack....You're puttin us all to shame.
Now you know why, back in the days when the official DC Comics Message Boards were actually TOLERABLE, some of the members over there officially declared me a Green Lantern Super Fan!

And that's also why I'm one of the people Jim mentioned by name when asking for help compiling his list of officially licensed GL merchandise for the site!

This is what happens when you've been a bachelor too long... with no woman in my life, I have LOTS of money to spend on stuff that I like!

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 07-24-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Jack T. Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
Jack T. Chance

Exclamation I'm a forgetful SOB...

OK, I just realized there's at least 1 ring I forgot...

I also have the chrome-plated ring that Hot Topic carried a few years ago, made by the same company that makes the officially licensed belt buckles. Here's what it looks like:

Old 08-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #12
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

Making more starting yesterday, actually. Shame I ran out of that mixed green sculpey.

Yeah, I need a better pic. When I'm done a couple more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rings.jpg (97.3 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 08-02-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Gauntlet101010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:59 AM   #13
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
Making more starting yesterday, actually. Shame I ran out of that mixed green sculpey.

you make rings too?
II THESSALONIANS 3:10

GLJIMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #14
Limelantern

Quote:

So you're the one that made those rings, a friend of mine emailed me a link to that very pic
and I posted a link to your pic on my first post, not sure if you noticed.

But I had a question, The dark ring with the skull on it is a anti-green lantern corps ring right? What are the other two to the left of it?
Old 08-03-2008, 06:46 AM   #15
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

Oh, heh, I didn't notice! I was distracted by the nice pictures. But yeah, that's me ... see the account name? I'm, consistant if nothing else.

And, no, that isn't the anti-GL ring. The skull ring beside the Saphire ring is from the Revenge Squad story from Morrison's JLA. Now, technically, it doesn't count since the ring itself is just a hologram. But it had style!

The ring beside that one is the Indigo Lantern ring, as I'm fairly certain they will have a ring. The one beside that one, however, is the Qwardian anti-GL ring. Some were presented as blue colored symbol-type rings, but on some occasions, where the ring is shown close up, it looks like that.

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs30/f/20...tlet101010.jpg - this gives a bit of a better look. It also shows that the two symbol-type rings are different int heir bands.

I really don't like how that future criminal-GL ring (from Kyle's run) looks though. I was running out of sculpey at the time and that was attempt #2. Maybe I'll remake it... but that one's a real pain since it's very boxy. The band is very, very thin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
you make rings too?
Yeah. I was tempted to buy them, but they'd never make the selection I'd want. Plus, the Planet Krypton set is so expencive .... and you can't even wear them! After reading the Sin Corps War story I really wanted a ring for each Corps. But if I'm going to make 8 rings, then why not make 11 more, amirite?

Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 08-03-2008 at 07:21 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:47 AM   #16
SIlverLantern
Major Force's Dinner Date

Quote:
The ring beside that one is the Indigo Lantern ring, as I'm fairly certain they will have a ring.
nope

they weild staffs made of a coral like substance that are acctually there batteries (wikipedia has a few grany pics but if you look at the image of the 8 lanterns thats floating around you'll notice its organic looking)

i have none atm everytime i found one it was 2 expensive but thanks to Instructibles.com i have directions on how to make rings so i full plan to make a full set (including indigo cause hell why not) as well as one of my avi that I'm gonna have made from SS (i'm a graphic artist and its based on my design logo)
Old 08-09-2008, 05:02 AM   #17
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIlverLantern View Post
nope

they weild staffs made of a coral like substance that are acctually there batteries (wikipedia has a few grany pics but if you look at the image of the 8 lanterns thats floating around you'll notice its organic looking)

i have none atm everytime i found one it was 2 expensive but thanks to Instructibles.com i have directions on how to make rings so i full plan to make a full set (including indigo cause hell why not) as well as one of my avi that I'm gonna have made from SS (i'm a graphic artist and its based on my design logo)
And if it's put on Wikipedia, it must be well reaserched and true, right?

GL25, pg 10 - the Indigo panel. The lead figure has energy leaking out of his fist.

I'll grant you, they might not have rings. They do carry around their batteries on a staff and their is the only corps whos ring hasn't been shown somewhere. But, since every other Corps has a ring, and the ring itself seems important as an interview states ... we'll just see.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #18
SIlverLantern

red fires there power from there mouth the glowing hand is incidental also the article on power ring was REALLY descriptive

and cause i don't want to start a new thread for one pic (ans cause we were all thinking it

KYLE WEILDING ALL 7 COLORS (hes not dead so he can't wield black)

i traced and moded a screen cap from the In brightest day episode of superman

Last edited by SIlverLantern; 08-09-2008 at 11:23 PM.
SIlverLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:35 PM   #19
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIlverLantern View Post
red fires there power from there mouth the glowing hand is incidental also the article on power ring was REALLY descriptive
Wikipedia's nice and all, but some of it's info is guesswork or assumptions. Unlike the reds, we haven't seen the indigos in action at all yet. Have you found an interview with Johns or something that says they have no rings? I haven't, but if you have then it'd be good to post it here.

Until the Indigos are shown it's best to agree to disagree. The might have rings ... they might not have rings. I'm pretty sure they will, but don't you think debating it at this stage is a little early? And in the "post your rings" thread no less? We will eventually have answers.

Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 08-09-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:59 PM   #20
SIlverLantern

I concede the point and i admit that it would be strange for there to be one corpse who didn't have a ring while the others did

BUT the indigos ARE different from the rest in 2 other ways already(they weild staffs that are there bateries and tatto there insignia instead of wearing uniforms) so whats one more
Old 08-10-2008, 04:39 AM   #21
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

I'm still "fairly certain" they'll have rings because of GL 25 page 10. Energy around fist. Unless you have an interview the image from the comic trumps Wikipedia.

I'll grant you that any other evidence of Indigo rings has not been shown, so I'm only "fairly" certain and not just plain old "certain".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fairlycertain.JPG (12.3 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 08-10-2008 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:49 AM   #22
Limelantern

You know a GL can shape their battery to look like whatever they want. So if a Green Lantern wants a staff, they can have one.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:04 AM   #23
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelantern View Post
You know a GL can shape their battery to look like whatever they want. So if a Green Lantern wants a staff, they can have one.
True. But energy on fist = ring in most cases. Thus far, 7/8 Corps have confirmed rings. Not denying that there's still doubt on Indigo's part ... mainly because the only proof at all is in the one panel I posted.

But Wikipedia is not real proof. That stuff was written by some anonymous person after reading GL 25 and reading the interview that came afterwards. So far the only fact I can recall from an interview that is not in the comics already is that the Indigos have a stork as their avatar.

Edit: I ... really don't want to debate every single little factoid about how I think and why. Can we all just accept that I'm "fairly certain" they'll be Indigo rings because of the panel I posted?

Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 08-10-2008 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:09 AM   #24
Limelantern

I'm not disputing the idea that they do not use rings. I actually used the same panel to think that they do have them.

I just don't want the ring collection thread to be derailed any longer
Old 08-10-2008, 05:20 AM   #25
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelantern View Post
I'm not disputing the idea that they do not use rings. I actually used the same panel to think that they do have them.

I just don't want the ring collection thread to be derailed any longer
your right post more rings people!
II THESSALONIANS 3:10

GLJIMT is offline   Reply With Quote