The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sinestro
FLASHCHAT

Red Lanterns
View Poll Results: does sinestro play for the other team?
yes 10 30.30%
no 7 21.21%
WTF!!!!! 12 36.36%
I always thought he was just a Frenchie... 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2008, 04:46 AM   #26
Raker616
Corps Honor Guard

I gotta admit those panels made me got WTF?, but I don't see Sin playing for either team he's too busy with his grand plans to protect the universe etc.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:01 AM   #27
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

I always just assumed he made constructs with his ring to pleasure himself with. I don't think he has time for much else....
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #28
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

The Joker is a good example as far as sexual ambiguity/asexuality goes. I think Sinestro is right in that boat -- we have no idea, but from all indications it seems like he just wouldn't be interested in any partner.

Though I hesitate to bring it up, I think it is worth mentioning/reminding... Sinestro did sport a lone earring... in his right ear alone. I don't know about in other countries or what-have-you, but that generally denotes homosexuality in my part of the U.S..
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #29
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos View Post
I answer with a resounding "WTF?"

i don't understand why people try and put 'human' sexual characteristics or behavior models onto aliens in comics / sci-fi / fantasy...

simply put, we don't know that much about Korugar or it's people to state what anyone's sexuality is... do they even have sex? or do they reproduce in some other fashion like Kryptonians?

we know of several aliens in the DCU that don't have sex, or male / female gender specific roles within their society, so why assume that Sinestro and the people of Korugar are the same as earth?

just because we have male / female roles and the pairing is the accepted fashion here, doesn't mean that that is the baseline for the entire universe, hell, out there, the main pairing might be the triple, or the quad instead of the couple... we just don't know, and until we do, i don't see the point on speculating about aliens that we don't know that much about...

M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Though I hesitate to bring it up, I think it is worth mentioning/reminding... Sinestro did sport a lone earring... in his right ear alone. I don't know about in other countries or what-have-you, but that generally denotes homosexuality in my part of the U.S..

I see where you are coming from with the earing. That is the general trend, even up here in Canada. Same with a purple triangle. Anyway, I just have to quote the Thos for my reply

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:52 AM   #30
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos View Post
I answer with a resounding "WTF?"

i don't understand why people try and put 'human' sexual characteristics or behavior models onto aliens in comics / sci-fi / fantasy...

simply put, we don't know that much about Korugar or it's people to state what anyone's sexuality is... do they even have sex? or do they reproduce in some other fashion like Kryptonians?

we know of several aliens in the DCU that don't have sex, or male / female gender specific roles within their society, so why assume that Sinestro and the people of Korugar are the same as earth?

just because we have male / female roles and the pairing is the accepted fashion here, doesn't mean that that is the baseline for the entire universe, hell, out there, the main pairing might be the triple, or the quad instead of the couple... we just don't know, and until we do, i don't see the point on speculating about aliens that we don't know that much about...

M
I agree i just posted the link
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post
I see where you are coming from with the earing. That is the general trend, even up here in Canada. Same with a purple triangle. Anyway, I just have to quote the Thos for my reply
Has been since at least the 80s, when that comic came out.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #32
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

I've noticed that the fabric of his costume is of high quality. So yes.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #33
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

Maybe he bats for both teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:17 AM   #34
Tarmode
Green Lantern Initiate

Don't think Tha'al is gay, but there was an issue several years ago when he was in this all-villain group, and he was on the cover, he looked a bit gay, other than that, no.
Tarmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:24 AM   #35
Noct
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Old 01-09-2015, 03:29 AM   #36
sundrop
Fatality's Blacksmith

Gonna say nope. He knocked up a hot chick on Korugar and had a daughter with her. Also I swore I saw some innuendo between Lyssa and Sinestro recently but can't find it. I'm predicting they'll hook up anyways.

Every male superhero wears tights and has bulging muscles etc. Not a clue.
sundrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #37
Tarmode
Green Lantern Initiate

At this point, I'm thinking maybe he is gay.The way Lyssa's looking now, he should've laid the pipe a long time ago.I know her teeth are jacked up, but damn, someone gonna to get with that.Though I do hope he may hook up with Bekka down the line.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:15 AM   #38
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmode View Post
At this point, I'm thinking maybe he is gay.The way Lyssa's looking now, he should've laid the pipe a long time ago.I know her teeth are jacked up, but damn, someone gonna to get with that.Though I do hope he may hook up with Bekka down the line.
It's hard to argue with your logic.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #39
Elaryn
Corps Recruit

Setting aside the fact that I happen to have a huge crush on him, I think that Sinestro has put such things as love or sex on the back burner, and it seems like a long shot that he would decide to change his mind once he's made it up.

First, he was/is a Green Lantern. His will must be incredible. The comics are never clear on precise timing of events, but Sinestro lost his best friend, the he lost his wife - twice, effectively, because she left him, hid Soranik then saw him that last time before she was killed. And of course, he lost his daughter. He befriended Hal, and then he lost that, too. People don't react to tragedy in the same way, but those events, especially close together, might be more than enough to put a fellow off close relationships for a very long time, if not permanently.

As for sexual expression, the Korugarians seem pretty humanoid. After all, Katma Tui and John Stewart were married. Kyle Rayner and Soranik Natu seemed pretty cozy, too.

Just for the record, I doubt that Sinestro is gay. He's celibate, more than likely and probably unconcerned with sex or love.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:59 PM   #40
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaryn View Post
Setting aside the fact that I happen to have a huge crush on him, I think that Sinestro has put such things as love or sex on the back burner .... Just for the record, I doubt that Sinestro is gay. He's celibate, more than likely and probably unconcerned with sex or love.
I agree. He just doesn't care. Obviously he was straight and in love (when he was married to Abin's sister) at a time. But now he's all about his goals, which, btw, I think makes villains and anti-heroes more bada$$.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:07 PM   #41
Tarmode
Green Lantern Initiate

Him and Mongul both want to take charge of the universe.Which is a sign of something else.