The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 07-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #51
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlantern View Post
Thanks SL - there is also a Paddle-ball on that page I believe.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #52
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!

Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017
Exclamation Brief update...

Just a fast update for now, but back on the subject of the PVC GL Power Ring that's been included with figures of Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Tomar Re, etc...

I've already posted a picture of the "metallic" version that was given out as a promotional item at the 2007 San Diego Comic Con...

But in 2006, DCD did something even COOLER: They distributed "blind bagged" rings, packaged inside a green foil bag (picture of bagged ring coming... eventually. There's none up on eBay right now, and I didn't save the pictures of the bagged rings back when they were more readily available on eBay.) The labeling on the bag indicated that you might receive Hal Jordan's ring, or Sinestro's ring, but the only way to know which one you got was to OPEN THE BAG. For many months, the only people that opened their bags were claiming they'd received Hal's ring, and that they believed the Sinestro rings didn't actually exist, as in some cases, people received several rings and ALL were Hal's ring. That only further confused the issue.

For this reason, confirming what was inside the bags has been a lengthy process, as every eBay seller I've personally seen selling these rings had left them sealed inside the bag... until recently. Last week, I won this:

So, not only do we now have confirmation that DCD DID distribute at least a few Sinestro rings in those "blind bags", we also know now that they were TRANSLUCENT Sinestro rings, making them that much cooler!

One of the Hal ones was up on eBay a couple months ago out of the bag, and was also translucent. Sadly, I missed out on getting that one. I got confused as to which day the auction ended, so I came back to the auction too late, and now some poozer that ISN'T me has it in their collection.

As usual, permission is given to post this info on the site. Please, edit my long-winded ramblings down to a more concise entry before you post it up on the Merch List.

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 07-19-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Jack T. Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:29 AM   #53
Limelantern
Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

Send a message via Skype™ to Limelantern

They actually exist? I also believed they were all Hal rings since I have not heard of anyone ever getting a Sinestro one. I do like the clear yellow, much cooler than the opaque one that came with the first Sin figure.

I still think the new Sin corps figure should have come with a ring with the new symbol on it...........
Old 07-23-2008, 07:19 AM   #54
Jack T. Chance

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
Just a fast update for now, but back on the subject of the PVC GL Power Ring that's been included with figures of Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Tomar Re, etc...

I've already posted a picture of the "metallic" version that was given out as a promotional item at the 2007 San Diego Comic Con...

But in 2006, DCD did something even COOLER: They distributed "blind bagged" rings, packaged inside a green foil bag (picture of bagged ring coming... eventually. There's none up on eBay right now, and I didn't save the pictures of the bagged rings back when they were more readily available on eBay.) The labeling on the bag indicated that you might receive Hal Jordan's ring, or Sinestro's ring, but the only way to know which one you got was to OPEN THE BAG. For many months, the only people that opened their bags were claiming they'd received Hal's ring, and that they believed the Sinestro rings didn't actually exist, as in some cases, people received several rings and ALL were Hal's ring. That only further confused the issue.

For this reason, confirming what was inside the bags has been a lengthy process, as every eBay seller I've personally seen selling these rings had left them sealed inside the bag... until recently. Last week, I won this:

So, not only do we now have confirmation that DCD DID distribute at least a few Sinestro rings in those "blind bags", we also know now that they were TRANSLUCENT Sinestro rings, making them that much cooler!

One of the Hal ones was up on eBay a couple months ago out of the bag, and was also translucent. Sadly, I missed out on getting that one. I got confused as to which day the auction ended, so I came back to the auction too late, and now some poozer that ISN'T me has it in their collection.

As usual, permission is given to post this info on the site. Please, edit my long-winded ramblings down to a more concise entry before you post it up on the Merch List.
UPDATE: Have received the ring today. The translucent color looks VERY cool, but I'm afraid it carries a (in my opinion) hefty price with it: These rings are NOT made of the soft, flexible PVC used on earlier releases. Apparently, DC Direct couldn't figure out how to make PVC translucent, so they switched to a harder, RIGID plastic. No more "one size fits most"... well, more like "one size fits many", considering how small the band was before bending to fit your finger... anyway, gone are those days. It's now "one size fits ALMOST NOBODY"!

Yeah, I can wear this ring... AS A PINKIE RING!

So, that's the downside to these 2006 SDCC promo rings: They look really cool, but you have to be a child or a small woman to wear one on your middle finger, where it belongs!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 AM   #55
GLJIMT

updated the list

The List

A few new things, links to the next page at the bottom of each, and I found some mugs and a plastic glass I didnt know about before.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:11 AM   #56
GLJIMT

yo

any help is very much appreciated I know more then the few that have posted have some knowledge on this

If anyone can provide me with the JLU stuff John appears in/on that would also be fantastic
Old 11-03-2008, 06:53 AM   #57
Tons T
Alpha-Lantern

the EVS Hal Jordan comes out this week right
Old 11-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #58
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tons T View Post
the EVS Hal Jordan comes out this week right
does it? sweet!!!! It may make up for the misery that will be Tuesday night.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:48 AM   #59
Saint Walker

sorry if this was already brought up but I didn't have time to read this whole thread. anyway, I was with my friend visiting his gf in berlington vermont. Anyway they have some cool stuff there. there is a glass store with an $20000 star wars bong that had a lightsaber ight up under a black light. anyway, I also went into a comic book store and saw this:

Its hal jordan & Sinestro (in sinestro corps clothes) bookends. it was like $245 and really cool looking
Old 11-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #60
GLJIMT

yeah I have that on the list if you go to the first post there is a link to the merch list we have so far
Old 12-20-2008, 05:53 PM   #61
GLJIMT

Still need help with this project, GL shirts and JLU stuff is what I really need help on Thanks
Old 02-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #62
GLJIMT

hey guys I added the Blackes Night Figs and a photo of the GL Box Set that was released to contrast with the solicit

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/web/merch4.htm
Old 02-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #63
Lord Malvolio
Corps Honor Guard

Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Malvolio

Hey G, good work on this so far. Feel to raid my site for anything you may have missed. I was thinking, how cool would this "project" be if it was actually collected and published? With professional images of all these things? Kind of like how this guy photographs them:

Lord Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:40 AM   #64
GLJIMT

Thanks Mal! Good Idea too, hope no one steels it .....

Please help in any way you can, I would really like some help on T Shirts, Heroclix and JLU merch.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #65
Caleb Lancaster
The Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Walker View Post
sorry if this was already brought up but I didn't have time to read this whole thread. anyway, I was with my friend visiting his gf in berlington vermont. Anyway they have some cool stuff there. there is a glass store with an $20000 star wars bong that had a lightsaber ight up under a black light. anyway, I also went into a comic book store and saw this:

Its hal jordan & Sinestro (in sinestro corps clothes) bookends. it was like $245 and really cool looking
The books are out of Order.
Caleb Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:18 AM   #66
Krull
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

I picked up a DC Comics Preview and it has the bubble stand with the rings from all of the Corps in it. Any problem if I scan it and insert it here later this week? If not, one question-I notice when I insert pic attachments, they are only visible when I log in as a member. Any advice to what I am forgetting or need to do for non-members to see it?

Thanks.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:24 AM   #67
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krull View Post
I picked up a DC Comics Preview and it has the bubble stand with the rings from all of the Corps in it. Any problem if I scan it and insert it here later this week? If not, one question-I notice when I insert pic attachments, they are only visible when I log in as a member. Any advice to what I am forgetting or need to do for non-members to see it?

Thanks.
I have been planning on grabbing the pics of dccomics.com of the bubble stand thing, also for the pics to non-members it likely has more to do with the filter on the network then with being a member for instance I can not see any pics at work because of the filter there.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #68
Jack T. Chance

Exclamation

Jim, I just sent you a PM with a new pic for the list, a pic I've been trying to find for you for awhile. Hope it helps.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:56 AM   #69
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
Jim, I just sent you a PM with a new pic for the list, a pic I've been trying to find for you for awhile. Hope it helps.
thanks

Also one of you jokers has got to be a Heroclix fan I need at list a list of all GL and related Clix. (also the game is done so there is nothing coming in the future)
Old 05-04-2009, 02:47 AM   #70
ion.nai
existential absurdist

Send a message via MSN to ion.nai

I just got my hands on these...

there's a green lantern book in there and it's officially licensed.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:41 PM   #71
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion.nai View Post
I just got my hands on these...

there's a green lantern book in there and it's officially licensed.
what are these from? can you send a pic of just the GL one? front and back at least?
Old 08-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #72
ion.nai
existential absurdist

Send a message via MSN to ion.nai

i'm away from home at the moment so i won't be able to get you scan for a couple of weeks... once i do have a chance ill scan the whole thing as it is only 5 or 6 pages.
The comics were given away as prizes in Kellogg's cereal in Canada. There are speech bubbles for both the french and english dialogue.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #73
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...number=DC28345

anyone considering getting this?

i keep looking at it and debating whether i should or not lol

i think its like 18 inches tall.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #74
Conner Kent

Those comics came with the toys too. The Super Powers and He-Man pack-ins were the only comics I had til I was like 10, spent about as much time looking at them as I did playing with the toys.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #75
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner Kent View Post
Those comics came with the toys too. The Super Powers and He-Man pack-ins were the only comics I had til I was like 10, spent about as much time looking at them as I did playing with the toys.
there the wrong shape for the ones that came with SuperPowers, they may be the same stories I dont know but the shape is not correct for the Toys pack ins