The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 05:09 PM   #51
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I'd stay so far away from Spider-Man if I was Keaton. No way you could convince me that being the fucking Vulture was a good career move or even interesting.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:18 PM   #52
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I thought he did a good job in the Robocop reboot as the villain, still haven't managed to watch Birdman though. I just don't know that I'll enjoy Spiderman in the movies either way. The different approach was definitely something they needed, I've just lost faith they know how to do Spiderman justice. Even if his appearance in Civil War is positive, still doesn't mean Sony won't botch another attempt at a solo film even with Ironman showing up [I called that, knew he'd be one of the characters Sony picked]. We'll more than likely see Nick Fury as well and this will be a live action take on the Ult. Spiderman cartoon version of the character.

~M~
Old 04-14-2016, 06:34 PM   #53
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I'd stay so far away from Spider-Man if I was Keaton. No way you could convince me that being the fucking Vulture was a good career move or even interesting.
at this point I don't think that matters to him, I mean hes done the new Robocop, need for speed, and played a police chief that worked at bed bath and beyond as a side job the other guys.

All very watchable movies in their own right but none that are any kind of critically acclaimed cinematic masterpiece.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:05 PM   #54
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
I like seeing all the characters, but if I didn't know any better, I couldn't tell you which characters are the good guys and which ones are the bad guys.
lets be real here their/there/they'res only one real bad guy in that poster and it's Apocalypse

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
Old 04-15-2016, 04:27 AM   #55
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Saw Civil War tonight. Spoilers highlight below:

Thought it was great. Not as thrilling Winter Soldier but still pretty good. The action scenes at the start were the best of any other Marvel movie. I think the Russo's will do an amazing job with Infinity War.

Spider-Man was great. His interaction with Tony and Aunt May was priceless. I'm still extremely cautious about his solo movie only because the director is so unknown but Holland was really funny and the suit looked great. Marvel really does seem like a fun universe. Between Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Falcon and Iron Man, there was a lot of comedic moments in this one. Everyone got a one liner. Everyone.

Nothing to complain about excluding the direction they're going with the characters. There's a big reveal in this and it certainly does its purpose and while it provides an interesting dynamic, I can't imagine WHY this would make for the best movies. I want more Cap movies
!
Old 04-15-2016, 02:26 PM   #56
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

So then does Cap die at the end like in the comic series? And if so did the movie hint at Falcon or Bucky becoming the new Captain America?

~M~
Old 04-15-2016, 03:16 PM   #57
IonFan
Forum Member

how are people seeing this movie 3 weeks before anyone else

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
Old 04-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #58
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by -M- View Post
So then does Cap die at the end like in the comic series? And if so did the movie hint at Falcon or Bucky becoming the new Captain America?

~M~
Nope. Doesn't die. Nobody important dies. Just citizens and a minor villain.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:08 PM   #59
W.West

Netflix Names Familiar Showrunners for Marvel’s ‘The Defenders’ Series

Quote:
Today, a Marvel press release has revealed that Daredevil co-showrunners Douglas Petrie and Marco Ramirez will serve as showrunners for The Defenders, with Drew Goddard staying close to the properties in the role as an executive producer. Marvel TV President Jeph Loeb said of the choice,

“We’re incredibly excited to be able to bring our four street level heroes together in an epic tale woven by Doug and Marco whose work on ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ speaks for itself. They write and produce not only great action and adventure, but also the heart and touch of humor that’s makes us Marvel. With the inclusion of Drew Goddard, we’ve got a team that’s as formidable as the Defenders themselves.”
Old 04-15-2016, 06:15 PM   #60
W.West

NEW MUTANTS Writer/Director Submits New Script To 20TH CENTURY FOX
Old 04-16-2016, 01:31 AM   #61
W.West

‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Casts Laura Harrier From ‘One Life to Live’

LOBBY BOY Joins SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Quote:
“One Life to Live” star Laura Harrier has landed a significant role in Sony and Marvel’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Jon Watts (“Cop Car”) is directing the new “Spider-Man,” which will star Tom Holland as the webslinger and Marisa Tomei as his Aunt May. Zendaya will co-star as a mysterious character named Michelle, while Michael Keaton is in talks to play a villain.

Tony Revolori (“Dope”) has also joined the cast as Peter Parker’s friend Manuel, according to insiders.

Representatives for Sony and Marvel declined to comment.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:07 PM   #62
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

This made me laugh.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:41 AM   #63
W.West

"Get your shit together"
Old 04-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #64
KilowogsDisciple
Green Lantern

Quote:
I'm not sure if you've seen the Vulture's appearance in Ultimate Spider-man (the animated series). He actually came across more interesting than you might think. There was finally a little depth added to the character, and it came across well in the animated medium. At least, imo.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:12 PM   #65
W.West

Marvel’s Kevin Feige Says Phase 4 Will Be ‘Distinctively Different’
Old 04-18-2016, 11:13 PM   #66
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

‘90210’ Alum Jessica Stroup, Tom Pelphrey Join Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Iron Fist’ (EXCLUSIVE)
Quote:
“90210” alum Jessica Stroup has been cast in “Marvel’s Iron Fist” on Netflix, Variety has learned exclusively. Tom Pelphrey (“Banshee,” “Guiding Light”) has also been cast in the upcoming superhero series.

Stroup will play the series regular role of Joy Meachum. Pelphrey will play her on-screen brother, Ward Meachum.

The duo joins the title star Finn Jones (“Game of Thrones”), who will play Danny Rand/Iron Fist; Jessica Henwick, who will co-star as Colleen Wing; and David Wenham, who will play Harold Meachum, the father to Joy (Stroup) and Ward (Pelphrey).

The children of Harold Meachum (Wenham), Joy and Ward have spent their lives building Rand Enterprises to its current standing in the world, only to have all their work put in jeopardy when Danny returns to claim his birthright. They are childhood acquaintances of Danny Rand’s who now play an important role in Rand Enterprises.

“Marvel’s Iron Fist” follows Jones’ Danny Rand as he returns to New York City after being missing for years. He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist. “Dexter” alum Scott Buck will serve as showrunner.

Stroup and Pelphrey are the final two series regulars to be cast in “Marvel’s Iron Fist.”

Stroup starred on the CW’s “90210” reboot, plus Fox’s Kevin Bacon vehicle “The Following.” She is repped by ICM. Pelphrey is repped by the Gersh Agency and Red Letter Entertainment.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:40 PM   #67
W.West

‘Deadpool 2’ Director Tim Miller Talks Cable Casting, Improvements, and R-Rated ‘X-Force’
Old 04-19-2016, 11:01 PM   #68
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Maybe I'm just uncool, but I have never heard of Kate Beaton, "one of the bestselling comic book creators in America". :/
Old 04-19-2016, 11:26 PM   #69
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
"Get your shit together"
She did a follow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
Maybe I'm just uncool, but I have never heard of Kate Beaton, "one of the bestselling comic book creators in America". :/
Yea, you're uncool.

She's primarily known for her webcomic Hark! A Vagrant, so if you're not big into those that would explain why you haven't heard of her. I dunno about "one of the bestselling comic book creators in America" but she has won 4 Harvey Awards.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:53 PM   #70
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

First Look: FINN JONES On IRON FIST Set As DANNY RAND
Old 04-20-2016, 12:16 AM   #71
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Yea, you're uncool.

She's primarily known for her webcomic Hark! A Vagrant, so if you're not big into those that would explain why you haven't heard of her. I dunno about "one of the bestselling comic book creators in America" but she has won 4 Harvey Awards.

Gee, thanks, pal.

Yeah, I've never heard of that series. Also, the article's hyperbole I pretty much picked up on from the jump, but if she's successful, I guess she's important enough for her opinion of a D-List Marvel character's costume to matter...?

...Wow, I almost passed out from writing that sentence, it's so mundane. Why is this news?
Old 04-20-2016, 12:21 AM   #72
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I can only imagine what she thinks of Power Girl's tit-porthole.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:25 AM   #73
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
I can only imagine what she thinks of Power Girl's tit-porthole.

Oh, I will be awaiting with bated breath for her opinion on that.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:25 AM   #74
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
...Wow, I almost passed out from writing that sentence, it's so mundane. Why is this news?
Didn't say it was news, said it made me laugh.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:29 AM   #75
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Didn't say it was news, said it made me laugh.

Very true! The comic is still funny, though, so I guess that's something.
Closed Thread