The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 05:27 PM   #1551
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
With a lot of what The Walking Dead shows in terms of violence, I'd almost expect it to be rated-R if it was released as a film.
well i heard that 50 shades of grey movie will have 2 ratings. one pg13 and one r

maybe they could do something like that with deadpool?
Old 09-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #1552
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

link to that announcement, please

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
Old 09-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #1553
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
link to that announcement, please
correction its r and nc17 and maybe for deadpool do something similar make one version pg-13 and the other nc-17 for the fans who want it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-versions.html

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-23-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:12 PM   #1554
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
With a lot of what The Walking Dead shows in terms of violence, I'd almost expect it to be rated-R if it was released as a film.
Right?! It seems that tv can get away with more than movies these days.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #1555
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

I wouldn't say "get away with more". I think what TV has over movies in terms of the content it can show, is television doesn't rely on box office for its main source of revenue. A movie needs as many asses in its seats as it can get, while television relies on advertising revenue and the more viewers it gets the greater it can charge for advertising. However, there isn't as much reliance on television age ratings to get more people to watch. A TV-MA can be just as likely to be viewed as TV-T.

Unlike the movies, where a Rated-R Deadpool could mean millions of dollars lost vs. a PG-13 Deadpool. And when you're talking millions of dollars, the choice seems obvious.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #1556
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
I wouldn't say "get away with more". I think what TV has over movies in terms of the content it can show, is television doesn't rely on box office for its main source of revenue. A movie needs as many asses in its seats as it can get, while television relies on advertising revenue and the more viewers it gets the greater it can charge for advertising. However, there isn't as much reliance on television age ratings to get more people to watch. A TV-MA can be just as likely to be viewed as TV-T.

Unlike the movies, where a Rated-R Deadpool could mean millions of dollars lost vs. a PG-13 Deadpool. And when you're talking millions of dollars, the choice seems obvious.
my only problem with that line of thinking is that the moneies lost are only a POTENTIAL; its only an assumption that a pg13 DP flick would bring in more than a rated-R version, and ignores the fact that R-flicks do still make cash.

I mean, I get that Fox would want to market this movie towards the largest amount of viewers possible, but given past attemps in this genre (Wolverine's solo films being a horrible shining example) I dont think we can automatically support the position that pg13 is *the* auto-pathway to success (given how well 300 & Watchmen performed.)

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #1557
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Right?! It seems that tv can get away with more than movies these days.
U have to remember that TWD airs on a cable network; the standards for them, as opposed to a broadcast channel, are a bit lighter.

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #1558
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Auto-payway? No. However, it is simply fact that PG-13 movies tend to make more than Rated-R. Which makes sense, because a greater amount of people can go see it. Movie companies didn't realize this as much back in the 80's, which was the golden era of rated-R flicks. Now, nearly every studio knows it and they plan accordingly.

It's just math, which sucks because I want the math to make it that a rated-R Deadpool movie would make more money...but I can't make it so.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #1559
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I realize that The Walking Dead is on cable, but still is pretty violent and I know there are kids under the age of 13 watching the show.

It's still not official that Deadpool will be a PG-13 flick. I hope it's not, because if it does well at the box office it will open the door for other Rated R superhero flicks like The Punisher and Spawn. Damn studio suits always thinking about the bottom line.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #1560
TazzMission
Banned

[QUOTE=Darth_Primus;861204]I realize that The Walking Dead is on cable, but still is pretty violent and I know there are kids under the age of 13 watching the show.

/QUOTE]

i dont watch it cause zombies aint my thing but isnt that show on late anyways like around 9pmish?

i will say walking dead has nothing on sons of anarchy when it comes to violence i mean holy shit one episode showed a pedophile hanging from a tree with his balls getting chopped off by a knife or a inmate biting his own tounge off to keep quiet about snitching or a woman getting stabbed like 10 times in the back of the head with a turkey knife face down in a sink. parents who allow there kids to watch such shows that late at night are idiots and despite kl comment on how i have to be a parent to understand is complete bullshit since its simply common sense and i dont need to be one to say such a thing
Old 09-24-2014, 12:36 AM   #1561
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Sftu about soa.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:39 AM   #1562
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
Kid, your 5 year old isn't the target audience.
Maybe not the main target audience, but when characters in PG 13 movies are on lunchboxes, shoes, birthday supplies, and on several shelves in the form of action figures, the execs know damn well younger audiences will see the films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
parents who allow there kids to watch such shows that late at night are idiots and despite kl comment on how i have to be a parent to understand is complete bullshit since its simply common sense and i dont need to be one to say such a thing
You have to be a parent to understand how impressionable children are. I made this comment after you suggested the general population isn't as impressionable as I claimed they could be....

Quote:
i really believe in my heart that people over all man woman or child are not so easily influenced by what they see on tv movies or games and do it in real life. thats like saying humanity as a species is pretty much easily manipulated
Using my son as an example after he was introduced to the Hulk and then started trying to wreck stuff was just that, an example of how impressionable I know they [children] can be. If the world wasn't as impressionable and easily manipulated as they are, people wouldn't flock to stores to buy new smart phones after seeing commercials or some proof at how cool stuff is in tv and movies. It's not an opinion, its a fact. People are easily manipulated by what they see in various forms of media. It's why big tobacco companies push characters smoking cigarettes in films, to make it seem cool.

EDIT: Trying to argue kids aren't impressionable to a parent who knows better when you have no frame of reference or children of your own is insulting. I didn't say every kid is as impressionable as others, and somebody else's kid's may not respond the same as my own to certain characters or situations. I'm sure as shit not gonna tell that person that they are wrong or that I believe otherwise based off some shit that I *think* or pull up on google.

~KL~

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 09-24-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:37 AM   #1563
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post

You have to be a parent to understand how impressionable children are. I made this comment after you suggested the general population isn't as impressionable as I claimed they could be....

actually no i dont. i hate this idea that adults or teenagers are so easily influenced by what they see play or hear. if that were true none of us could be sitting here right now having these discussions in a civil manner.

ive been very open about my history about 5 suicide attempts plus anger and hospitalized each time so should someone like me not see or be banned from such a film or show or a specific type of music? do you believe someone like me is not capable of rationalizing what is fake and what is real? because the way you sound kid lantern is you really believe people are just that easily influenced.

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-24-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:34 AM   #1564
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Old 09-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #1565
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

You DO NOT need to be a parent to know how impressionable children are. It helps but it's not mandatory. I have worked with kids in a school setting as a teacher's aid and helped raise quite a few children in my life while having none of my own. I've understood some kids more than some of their parents have. Hell some parents don't even know or realize how impressionable their children are and say and do all sorts of inappropriate things around their children. There are plenty of school teachers out there who have no kids of their own. Do they not know how impressionable children are because they have no children?
Old 09-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #1566
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
actually no i dont. i hate this idea that adults or teenagers are so easily influenced by what they see play or hear. if that were true none of us could be sitting here right now having these discussions in a civil manner.
He's not talking about adults and teenagers. He is talking about children and young children are very impressionable. Their brains are like sponges. They soak up everything they see and hear and oftentimes mimic those very things they see and hear.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #1567
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
Maybe not the main target audience, but when characters in PG 13 movies are on lunchboxes, shoes, birthday supplies, and on several shelves in the form of action figures, the execs know damn well younger audiences will see the films.

~KL~
Sigh. And that's where I leave this discussion.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #1568
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
He's not talking about adults and teenagers. He is talking about children and young children are very impressionable. Their brains are like sponges. They soak up everything they see and hear and oftentimes mimic those very things they see and hear.

i guess what im trying to argue is how does a person define the word kid? theres some people who think 15 16 or 17 is considered a kid when in many states 16 or 17 is considered an adult.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #1569
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Well see there's this term that one gets called once they read the age of thirteen. Henge the designation of PG13. It's called a teenager so therefore they are no longer a "kid".

So what you are trying to argue is something that you have confused yourself with.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #1570
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Well see there's this term that one gets called once they read the age of thirteen. Henge the designation of PG13. It's called a teenager so therefore they are no longer a "kid".

So what you are trying to argue is something that you have confused yourself with.
its not the rating system im confused with. its really state law. i mean holy shit brotha it just makes my skin crawl knowing some guy in his 30's could date a 17 year old in the state of il since 17 is considered a adult for consent.

i think i just take on to much with many issues in the world. im so focused on always finding a third solution instead of siding with either solution one or two.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #1571
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

No you are just crazy and think too many things are associated. The rating system has nothing to do with the law or age of consent.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #1572
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
No you are just crazy and think too many things are associated. The rating system has nothing to do with the law or age of consent.
well i dont think im crazy. i will say i admit i try to give a example and it dosent come out the way i have it in my head.

i guess thats my main fault because i always believe in more than two options in life period.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #1573
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
i think i just take on to much with many issues in the world. im so focused on always finding a third solution instead of siding with either solution one or two.
I'd agree that there are often more ways to approach something than are initially presented. That said, just because another way might exist doesn't always mean it is preferable to the ones presented. Be careful not to reject options JUST because they are the ones presented. That's just being contrary.

Just general advice. I'm not trying to apply that specifically to the situation at hand.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #1574
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'd agree that there are often more ways to approach something than are initially presented. That said, just because another way might exist doesn't always mean it is preferable to the ones presented. Be careful not to reject options JUST because they are the ones presented. That's just being contrary.

Just general advice. I'm not trying to apply that specifically to the situation at hand.
oh i know. i learned for a wile now thats just the way im wired mentally apparently.

despite my history on this board of being a dick to people i truely believe my reason for life is to try and fix things wether its about movies, or real world events
Old 09-25-2014, 02:52 AM   #1575
TazzMission
Banned

First X-Men: Apocalypse Viral Video Explains The Mutant Gene

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

source

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/x...s-mutant-gene/
Closed Thread