The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #51
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles
 
Marvelous Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 20,112
Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Thats why I dont worry about release dates. I just go to the store and if a book I buy is in on the shelf that week than I buy it. If not I just wait till it is. When you read books like Kick-Ass or anything by Kevin Smith you learn to not count on or hold onto release dates.
Yeah, but I don't like to see somebody being blamed when any number of reasons a book could be late.

Also, Kevin Smith (thanks Train) has a more notorious delay factor than Lee.
Marvelous Iggy is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #52
FrEaKjOkErXXX
Torch Bearer
 
FrEaKjOkErXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,321
Default

Wow. Some pretty serious Jim Lee fans on here. It's alright though because I just dropped my pull list. All trades from now on. Tired of.dealing with floppies.
FrEaKjOkErXXX is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #53
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer
 
Hypo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth-42
Posts: 22,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrEaKjOkErXXX View Post
Wow. Some pretty serious Jim Lee fans on here. It's alright though because I just dropped my pull list. All trades from now on. Tired of.dealing with floppies.
Not really a Jim Lee fan, I've already gone on the record saying that I'd prefer Carlos D'anda on Justice League over him, I just don't think an issue coming out a week late is a big deal, as long as it comes out in the same month I just don't care. Plus the last time Justice League was delayed a week Bleeding Cool ran a story reporting that it wasn't Lee's fault and something else had gone wrong in production, so I don't see why that can't be the case again. Plus I believe in giving credit where credit's due, for the most part Justice League (and all of the new 52) have been on time which is a great achievement and a far cry from the clusterfucker that was All Star Batman & Robin.
__________________
Hypo is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #54
Michael Heide
Heide Finition
 
Michael Heide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 11,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Yeah, but I don't like to see somebody being blamed when any number of reasons a book could be late.

Also, Kevin Smith (thanks Train) has a more notorious delay factor than Lee.
Hehe. Daredevil: The Target, anyone?
Michael Heide is online now  
Old 06-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #55
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer
 
Hypo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth-42
Posts: 22,126
Default

So does anyone else think that DC's Father's Day Sale is a bit morbid?

__________________
Hypo is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #56
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe
 
Lantern A-train's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
Hehe. Daredevil: The Target, anyone?
Spider-man/Black Cat The Evil that Men Do.

I still dont know if that book was finished LOL
__________________
I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Last edited by Lantern A-train; 06-15-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Lantern A-train is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #57
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer
 
Hypo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth-42
Posts: 22,126
Default

Neither of those are as bad as the Morrison/Lee WildCats though, which was gone after one issue...though that was Morrison's fault.
__________________
Hypo is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #58
RPMXLII
Sinestro's Sparring Partner
 
RPMXLII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
So does anyone else think that DC's Father's Day Sale is a bit morbid?


What better way to spend Father's Day than to read about dying/dead/deadbeat dads?
RPMXLII is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #59
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 26,514
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Thats why I dont worry about release dates. I just go to the store and if a book I buy is in on the shelf that week than I buy it...
I've tried that approach before and have missed titles several times (no doubt to me being a blind idiot). I think what happens is I see a row of comics I don't read (say X-Men or Spiderman) and inadvertantly skip over ones I do.
I have to at least be aware of when GL:Animated comes out anyway because my LCS has an all-ages section and they just mix new books in with them.
__________________
Space Cop is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #60
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 16,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
you shut your whore mouth
That's not what you said last night.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #61
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 16,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
but I'd still rather see his stuff than Doug Mahnke.
Lie to your friends don't lie to me!

Mahnke is a hell of a lot better than Lee!
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #62
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 16,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I've tried that approach before and have missed titles several times (no doubt to me being a blind idiot). I think what happens is I see a row of comics I don't read (say X-Men or Spiderman) and inadvertantly skip over ones I do.
I have to at least be aware of when GL:Animated comes out anyway because my LCS has an all-ages section and they just mix new books in with them.
I'm with you. I keep a list in my wallet for each week for the three+ months out that are solicited. With all the trades, HCs, mini series, oneshots, busts and figures I buy in addition to my monthly pull list, I could never keep all that shit straight. And I need the list to remind me if my LCS screws up and forgets toput something aside for me. A lot of times they'll order it and then forget who it was that wanted it, and said item ends up on the shelf.

If I didn't have my little list, I'd be lost. It's worked great for me for about 15 years now.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #63
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
I'm with you. I keep a list in my wallet for each week for the three+ months out that are solicited. With all the trades, HCs, mini series, oneshots, busts and figures I buy in addition to my monthly pull list, I could never keep all that shit straight. And I need the list to remind me if my LCS screws up and forgets toput something aside for me. A lot of times they'll order it and then forget who it was that wanted it, and said item ends up on the shelf.

If I didn't have my little list, I'd be lost. It's worked great for me for about 15 years now.
I had a checklist on an old Pocket PC, but the batteries kept dying and losing all the data, so now I'm back to a paper list like you.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #64
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 16,331
Default

Paper works best for me. I use a few strips a bit wider than the margin of paper, and list my books down it week by week. Then I know if something's late (if I haven't seen it on Diamond already) or if there's a variant cover I need to chase down. I've got all my trades listed through the end of the year.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 12:52 AM   #65
Janza Bowka
Corpse Trainee
 
Janza Bowka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: a planet, somewhere
Posts: 263
Default

i just add notes to dates on the calender on my iphone
__________________
Imagination, how can something so destructive create something so beautiful
Janza Bowka is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #66
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 26,514
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
Paper works best for me. I use a few strips a bit wider than the margin of paper, and list my books down it week by week. ..
LOL. I use paper too (those little notebooks that fit in your pocket—I use them for a few things) but I don't list more than a week ahead. I even have system down; brackets mean I'm not sure if I want to buy the book so check it out in store.
__________________
Space Cop is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 03:48 AM   #67
FrEaKjOkErXXX
Torch Bearer
 
FrEaKjOkErXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Not really a Jim Lee fan, I've already gone on the record saying that I'd prefer Carlos D'anda on Justice League over him, I just don't think an issue coming out a week late is a big deal, as long as it comes out in the same month I just don't care. Plus the last time Justice League was delayed a week Bleeding Cool ran a story reporting that it wasn't Lee's fault and something else had gone wrong in production, so I don't see why that can't be the case again. Plus I believe in giving credit where credit's due, for the most part Justice League (and all of the new 52) have been on time which is a great achievement and a far cry from the clusterfucker that was All Star Batman & Robin.
I meant no offense Hypo. I was more referring to Iggy. I wasn't trying to say the delay was a big deal. Just noticed it happened. Iggy seemed to treat it like I killed his child or ate his mother. That is also fine. It just comes down to the fact that I saw a delay on a book from Jim Lee and that seems to be a reoccurring thing on every book he works on. Which is also fine. Some find his art worth it. I find it to be ugly.
FrEaKjOkErXXX is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #68
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,764
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

DC Universe Presents #10 PREVIEW
__________________
W.West is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #69
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,169
Default

hey DC look at this

Marvel Inspires Real-Life Same Sex Weddings Across the US

it's a gay superhero that doesn't inspire fear, hatred, or out rage you want to know why........... cause he's been gay all "his life", he's been gay all my life, his history wasn't changed just for the sake of diversity



sidenote: i'm getting the gay wedding X-Men issue BUT i'm not getting any of the Gay Lantern issues x2
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #70
Gray Lantern
Senior Corps Member
 
Gray Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Middle of the road
Posts: 888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
sidenote: i'm getting the gay wedding
Ah, it's all so clear now.
__________________
MEH
Gray Lantern is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #71
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,169
Default

don't edit me b!tch (j/k ya know i love ya .............. no homo ) only the MDS can do that
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #72
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,764
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

This Mod wants you to post in the relevant thread...
__________________
W.West is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #73
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,764
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

__________________

Last edited by W.West; 06-19-2012 at 10:10 PM.
W.West is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #74
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward
 
CeltiC5-27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 719
Default

Love it! And good to see Flash finally getting in front.
__________________
Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #75
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe
 
Ωmega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 12,263
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Me too. I don't see why people bash the guy's art. I'd pick up almost anything he penciled. Still wish he'd help bring Grifter's numbers up with a cover or three and a co-plotting gig....

~KL~
__________________
Ωmega Man is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.