The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #26
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

becuz Marvel/Diznee wants their own B:TAS, which they have to date failed to achieve........

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #27
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
i really hope that dosent happen..........
Why? Just take all that dark Spider-Man stuff you want and shove it into Venom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFrxz View Post
Why can`t Ultimate Spider-man do the same?
'Cause it doesn't match up with Loeb's vision.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #28
CaptainFrxz
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

becuz Marvel/Diznee wants their own B:TAS, which they have to date failed to achieve........

Tazer
This is why DC is winning on the TV front.
Sigh, at least we got 2 kick ass seasons of Avengers, i guess it could have been worse.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #29
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

Tazer
It's funny 'cause I think it's pretty clear that Disney is not approaching Ultimate Spider-Man at all like WB approached B:TAS.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #30
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

id see it

Marvel and Disney Rumored to Release The Avengers: Director's Cut in Theaters to Land No. 1 All-Time Spot?

The Avengers is sitting comfortably at No. 3 overall on both the domestic and International ticket sale charts but it seems both Marvel and Disney desire the No. 1 overall spot and a current rumor says they could be contemplating releasing The Avengers: Director's Cut in theaters at the end of this summer.

Please remember this is from a ComicBook.com post and another Hollywood source who has heard this rumor and told SuperHero Authority this is a possibility but nothing has been confirmed to actually happen. Marvel and Disney have not said anything regarding this new rumor as well.

You might be thinking this is a ridiculous move but when you consider the fact there could be over 35 minutes of new and unseen footage in the director's cut, you might actually consider seeing it again in the theater. Before the current theatrical version was released, director Joss Whedon's previous edit of the film was at just about, or just over, three hours in length.

This journalist thinks that amount of additional time is more than enough to make the re-investment worthwhile.

In the end, this move could legitimately push The Avengers to the top of both the domestic and International charts and the world's largest entertainment company will own the top grossing movie ever.

http://www.superheroauthority.com/20...red-to-be.html

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #31
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Spider-Man Producers Tease Venom Story & Avengers Crossover

Quote:
Today was the press junket for The Amazing Spider-Man and we had an exclusive interview with producers Avi Arad and Matthew Tolmach. We’ll have the full interview for you and more before Amazing Spidey opens July 3, but some breaking news came out of the conversation. In fact, when we asked Arad and Tolmach their thoughts on Spider-Man 3 (more in the full interview), they started talking plans for a Venom movie, which Tolmach describes as a “cousin to Spider-Man.”

A Venom movie would make Eddie Brock the hero. It won’t be until he crosses paths with Peter Parker that he becomes a villain.

“As you know, Venom is defender of the innocent,” Arad said. “The only guy he really, really hates is Peter Parker, Spider-Man. The reason you didn’t see more development on Venom in the comics is because this power that he was given, he knew who Peter was, he knew who Spider-Man was, so go kill him already. We always struggle with storylines and you see the new Venom books. It’s Flash in Iraq. We know that if we put him in a certain position and concentrate on the human, not on the creature, which I thought was a really good beginning in 3.”

They do know fans weren’t happy with Spider-Man 3 and I pressed them on Venom and Emo Peter Parker. Tolmach acknowledges they may have given Venom short shrift, so now he’ll get his very own movie.

“The truth is he also deserves his own movie,” Tolmach said. “We’ve been sitting around in a room talking about Venom stories and it’s a really full bodied complicated character, Eddie Brock and this character. Maybe people feel there wasn’t enough of a chance to unravel it, but we’re all in on him.”

So would the plan be to merge this Venom with Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Man in a later movie? “All things are possible someday,” Tolmach carefully implied, which come on, almost definitely means they haven’t signed the contracts yet but are planning it.

At Comic-Con last summer, Arad was asked if he would consider allowing Spider-Man to appear in an Avengers movie. At the time Arad insisted there were enough Spider-Man stories to keep him separate. Now that The Avengers is such a phenomenon, he is even open to considering making a deal between Sony’s Spidey and Disney’s Avengers. He says he thought of the Venom crossover possibility independently of Avengers though.

“Everything is possible,” Arad said. “If something like that happens, it’s great for Disney, it’s great for Sony. If the right story comes in, we are now working on Venom first. It’s our first out. So our thinking is in the right direction. Avengers to me was an expected success so I never looked at it because Avengers was successful.”

The way to make team up movies work, Arad says, is to create the raw materials, both technically and creatively, in other movies first. “Team ups can happen once you create the character, establish the CG, otherwise it’s not affordable.”

Last edited by W.West; 06-11-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #32
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

so venom in a avengers film?

im mixed on that honestly

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #33
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
so venom in a avengers film?

im mixed on that honestly
No, a venom movie crossing with this new rebooted Spider-Man movie. Read ze article, but that will ask to much.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #34
CaptainFrxz
Green Lantern

At Comic-Con last summer, Arad was asked if he would consider allowing Spider-Man to appear in an Avengers movie. At the time Arad insisted there were enough Spider-Man stories to keep him separate. Now that The Avengers is such a phenomenon, he is even open to considering making a deal between Sony’s Spidey and Disney’s Avengers. He says he thought of the Venom crossover possibility independently of Avengers though.

“Everything is possible,” Arad said. “If something like that happens, it’s great for Disney, it’s great for Sony. If the right story comes in, we are now working on Venom first. It’s our first out. So our thinking is in the right direction. Avengers to me was an expected success so I never looked at it because Avengers was successful.”

Yes please!!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #35
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

How Spider-Man Was Almost In ‘The Avengers,’ Sort Of

Quote:
There are a few stories floating around about Venom and if he’s going to tie into Amazing Spider-Man (probably, because why wouldn’t you?) and a few quotes about how Spider-Man and Avengers could cross over if it was good for both Marvel and Sony (doubt that deal will ever happen). Either way, I thought it was time for me to chime in with my Spider-Man/Avengers tidbit (because I already wrote a long rant on Venom on my personal blog a few months ago)

I was paired with Avi Arad and Matthew Tolmach for my 1-on-1, which was very nice of Sony, especially since I’m not sure how welcome I am in certain Marvel camps (I didn’t get invited to Brave, which is Pixar, which is Disney and so is Marvel – coincidence or paranoia?). I would have loved to talk to the cast, but I got what I was looking for.

Some recent Marvel Movie Universe fans might think that Kevin Fiege is the be-all-end-all of Marvel news, but back before there was a Marvel Studios, all we film obsessed Marvelites had was Avi Arad, and my discussion with him and Matt comes from that fanboy perspective. I tried to hold them accountable for something, and I did, only to find myself agreeing with their reasoning…I’ll be less vague about this when I get to the actual transcribed interview.

Marvel fanboys are tough to please, but I try to represent us as appreciative. We don’t wish death on the Spider-Man and X-Men franchises so they can revert back to some master studio (especially when that master studio plays it quick and cheap sometimes, ask Jon Favs), but we long for Spider-Man to meet Iron Man or everyone to try and kill Wolverine.

Imagine my surprise when I heard a rumor that the Oscorp Tower from Amazing Spider-Man was “this close” to becoming part of the sky line for Avengers. (Hint: pretty surprised).

Here’s the story – last week, The Amazing Spider-Man’s production designer J Michael Riva passed away after suffering a stroke at the age of 63. Not only did he design the Oscorp Tower for ASM, but he has a staggering resume of awesomeness including The Goonies, The Color Purple, A Few Good Men, Congo, Evolution, and the upcoming Django Unchained.

Oh – And the Iron Man movies.

That design overlap, and the stunning look of the Oscorp Tower (seriously stunning) was enough for Marvel Studios and Sony to have the discussion about inserting Oscorp into The Avengers skyline. The Unified Marvel Manhattan Skyline almost existed.

By the time the Oscorp building was fully designed, The Avengers digital Manhattan was already basically rendered and there was some up-conversion that needed to go down, so – for timing – it was scrapped.

BUT – Sony and Disney were going to let this happen. THAT’s the key thing here. Timing just didn’t work out.

That makes me sad. I told Avi and Matt that I realize it’s a business impossibility to share the characters, (“Thank you for understanding that” - Matt Tolmach to me), but wanted to get across that these small, small things are enough for the fanboys.

Matt said they’d love to do more like this, meaning crossovers on the smaller level.

Next step – letting someone use the word “MUTANT” outside of a Fox movie, right?

I also got to talk sequels, mysterious origins and – surprisingly – Fantastic Four (but not what you’re expecting) with these men. That’ll be coming soon. HERE. At Latino-Review. It was nice to sit down with people who respect the property, and I assure you that’s who these people are.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #36
Fearless
Agent Orange

D'aww...
Old 06-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #37
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
It's funny 'cause I think it's pretty clear that Disney is not approaching Ultimate Spider-Man at all like WB approached B:TAS.
NOT YET they havent, but the mistrust is strong in my heart........

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #38
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Marvel Entertainment, Disney, Joe Quesada, and Jeph Loeb: Do not cancel the Marvel "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" cartoon.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #39
projectile
Sidekick

The people working on the Avengers:Assemble cartoon should start a petition too. "Keep Avengers:EMH cancelled, we like our job. ".

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
Old 06-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #40
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Signed the EMH petition. If nothing else, it lets Marvel know they're royally pissing people off.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #41
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

The times they are a changing:

Brian Bendis To Write X-Men And Uncanny X-Men?
Jonathan Hickman And Esad Ribic On The Avengers
Astonishing Avengers From Remender And Opena
Matt Fraction And Salvador Larroca Take On Fantastic Four
Old 06-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #42
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

What the fuck with all the ugly ass teeth pictures. Is that really needed Bleeding Cool??
Old 06-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #43
Spider-Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
What the fuck with all the ugly ass teeth pictures. Is that really needed Bleeding Cool??
My thoughts exactly. I think they are going for some sort of theme, but that is also a good way to screw themselves out of page views. Dummies.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #44
W.West

Matt Fraction is a great guy. He must know that if he doesn't ask for Lorroca on Fantastic Four then the comics world would completely forget about him.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #45
W.West

Spider-Man Sequel Script Half Way Done; Writer Praises First Film
Old 06-15-2012, 01:42 AM   #46
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

wile i am looking forward to the first film in the reboot franchise i think we should all just wait and see how it is before we start saying the film is great or w/e

Old 06-15-2012, 01:59 AM   #47
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

We aren't saying its great. A writer who has presumably seen it is saying its good.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:33 AM   #48
W.West

John Lasseter Talks Possible Pixar/Marvel Movie; Says He’d Be Open to It if a Filmmaker Was Interested
Old 06-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #49
W.West

Marvel Announces PINBALL
Old 06-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #50
Tazer

Yo.

A:EMH may be going away, but atleast it seems to be doing so in style & on a high note...........

and once again, Id like to extend a big FUCK YOU to both Loeb *and* Marvel for letting him do it.

Tazer

Quote:
Closed Thread